key of patience

How to tell which key

Well, you've seen sheet music stuff, the lines with the notes on yeah?

Well each key will have a mini diagram of the 4 lines and the ones noted on the scale are in it.

I can't explain it that well.

like the number of sharps and flats in that key.

OR

do it by ear!

Its Emaj flat, patience

How to tell which key

Well, you've seen sheet music stuff, the lines with the notes on yeah?

Well each key will have a mini diagram of the 4 lines and the ones noted on the scale are in it.

I can't explain it that well.

like the number of sharps and flats in that key.

OR

do it by ear!

Its Emaj flat, patience

It's C flat

Hmmm... STANDARD E A D G B E tuning, then tune down a half step.... from the songbook...

Yeah, that's the tuning. They're wondering what key the solo is in. The solo is played in C Lydian.

Weird. As I said, I have the official song book (garnered many years ago now, when I struggled to play by ear) and the tablature for both the solos is in the standard tuning (albeit half a step down).

Whether or not that's how it was originally played on Lies, it's always worked for me when I've played along to it and sounds completely right.

Obviously I can't post the tabs here, copyright and all that... but... that's how it plays... and it would seem a little odd to change the overall tuning for the solos...

Who knows...

Hmmm... STANDARD E A D G B E tuning, then tune down a half step.... from the songbook...

Yeah, that's the tuning. They're wondering what key the solo is in. The solo is played in C Lydian.

Weird. As I said, I have the official song book (garnered many years ago now, when I struggled to play by ear) and the tablature for both the solos is in the standard tuning (albeit half a step down).

Whether or not that's how it was originally played on Lies, it's always worked for me when I've played along to it and sounds completely right.

Obviously I can't post the tabs here, copyright and all that... but... that's how it plays... and it would seem a little odd to change the overall tuning for the solos...

Who knows...

That's strange. I've never heard of any tab books that did that.