monkey27

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I was at the 2002 albany show, I arrived early, and hung out at broadway joes(the bar attached to the pepsi arena) I'm trying to figure out a couple things. First, there was a guy there drinking with everyone who said he worked at the pepsi, he was buying drinks for people and I was talking to him for awhile. He talked about everyday things, and then he started talking about axl, he said he saw him there, and said something to him and how axl responded jokingly, he seemed to be making a point of how he's not the dick everyone thinks he is. Then he started going off on how he sometimes wonders why he travels or goes all over looking for something.. like looking for something in himself, and getting really philosophical, then to bring into my next question... he was telling a couple who was waiting with us, I think there names were Ben and Katie, how he could get them back stage at the pepsi. they declined saying they would rather get in legitimately and not sneek in. well, we got in, got neat front and center, and after the two opening acts, and old lady looking like axls grandmother starts pushing her way up, trying to force her way to the front. In the middle of all that, ben and katie disappear right before GNR take the stage. I guess my questions are to anyone who may have been there or are the people I'm talking about....

A: who was the guy at the bar? I don't think he was who he said he was.

B. Did ben and Katie make it backstage.

C. Who was the old lady, she had a younger girl with her who seemed to be like an assistant or something who finally convinced her she was not getting to the front there.

hmm... i remember two fat ladies who were right in front of the stage.. i got pretty pissed at them.. it was an AWESOME SHOW everything went perfect.. besides the fact that we had to wait for like three hours... oh well.... i no three other members here who went to the show..... unfortunately.. i wish there were more...

• 5 months later...

I didn't watch the albany show.. SOme reason I'm not excited like if the real gunners did the show..It was great to see axl perform at msg but that's as far as it went for me.. It's like following a band with only it's lead singer and not being what you loved to begin with..

Yep I know how you feel.

But at Albany Axl told the audience why:

"I'm here tonight caus' I don't give a fuck?!?! Yeah right "

"People say about the new band that : They are the guys that prevent the old band getting back together, thats horseshit"

"They just didn't want to be at this level for you, they didn't want to take this farer"

"They can drive around in limos and jam with snoop dogg or whoever, thats ok thats their business...But they shouldn't do it at your expense or mine"

"I've tried to act nice, but that just ends up fuckin' me right up the ass"

"As soon as I say this this will be on a mp3 ... and people will go "Can you belive Axl said that, oh my god, he's got to put out an record, that isn't really nice"

"They can suck my dick"

"I'm sorry I'm a bit more blunt"

CLASSIC STUFF :P Thats just pieces from it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Axl gave one his best rants ever at the Albany show. :D

Here's a transcipt from the rant:

"Now I was uh, perusing. I was reading all about my integrity, 'cause that's what I'm known for I guess - selling out my integrity. That's why I'm here with you tonight because I just don't give a fuck I guess. Yeah, that's why we worked real hard at this. That's why these guys worked real hard at being in a band that they can get abused for "because they're the guys in the way of stopping the old band from getting together." That's horseshit.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out, but, you know, I was thinking about it. I'm pretty blunt so people get real pissed. And I haven't done a lot of talking on this tour. I'll shut up real soon don't worry. You know, I've tried acting nice and that just ends up fucking me right up the ass. They take advantage of that. "Well, you see Axl said something nice, so how can we use that to our advantage?" ... The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business right? But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied to. You've been used. You've been manipulated so that they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck. I don't care. That's their business, but they shouldn't really do it at your expense or mine.

Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it , and the next person will say "'Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." .. I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can "suck my dick!"

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'."

I didn't watch the albany show.. SOme reason I'm not excited like if the real gunners did the show..It was great to see axl perform at msg but that's as far as it went for me.. It's like following a band with only it's lead singer and not being what you loved to begin with..

EXACTLY my view

Axl gave one his best rants ever at the Albany show. :D

Here's a transcipt from the rant:

"Now I was uh, perusing. I was reading all about my integrity, 'cause that's what I'm known for I guess - selling out my integrity. That's why I'm here with you tonight because I just don't give a fuck I guess. Yeah, that's why we worked real hard at this. That's why these guys worked real hard at being in a band that they can get abused for "because they're the guys in the way of stopping the old band from getting together." That's horseshit.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out, but, you know, I was thinking about it. I'm pretty blunt so people get real pissed. And I haven't done a lot of talking on this tour. I'll shut up real soon don't worry. You know, I've tried acting nice and that just ends up fucking me right up the ass. They take advantage of that. "Well, you see Axl said something nice, so how can we use that to our advantage?" ... The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business right? But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied to. You've been used. You've been manipulated so that they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck. I don't care. That's their business, but they shouldn't really do it at your expense or mine.

Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it , and the next person will say "'Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." .. I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can "suck my dick!"

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'."

easily the greatest rant of axl's ranting days!!!!

fucking awesome.....for some reason, i believe axl over a bunch of drunks, aka slash and duff

• 3 weeks later...