TORONTO 2002

ExSpEnCe

By "Webmaster, MYGNR.COM"

Things for fucked when my plane did not take off from Montreal to Toronto because of the snow storm. I rented a car and drove my way to Toronto. I arrived in the Air Canada Centre at 10:30OM and the GNR went on stage at 10:37PM.

The Air Canada Centre was PACKED! I mean it was a full house and the ambiance was great!

I expected to get the usual intro (voice from the Exorcist) like at the other concerts but we did not get it.

As soon as Welcome To The Jungle came on, I was relieved to see that the sound system was properly calibrated. The sound was great, clear, crisp!

Axl was very talkative, he joked around throughout the show. He joked during his piano solo.

Axl Rose asked: "How many of you people where at the infamous Montreal 1992 show?". Lots of people yelled that they where, some people booed. What an asshole to even bring it up...

The song Chinese Democracy absolutely ROCKED! Axl Rose really seemed to enjoy signing this song. About 5 people asked me how come I knew the lyrics to the song. I noticed that no one in the crowd seemed to know the lyrics to the song.

The most appreciated "new material" was Madagascar, I guess because most people had heard a preview of it at the MTV Music Video Awards. Chinese Democracy came in second and The Blues third.

People behaved at the concert. One minor incident: when I went to the men's washroom, there was a few male security guards helping a female security guard wash hew face from the pepper spray she got in he face. Don't know how that happened. The use of pepper spray by law enforcement agents is very common in Canada, so there's no surprise there.

The Toronto concert was as good if not better than the Illusions concerts. Axl did say something about people trying to put him down all the time, and I have a feeling that has been the case with the concert reviews of the first concerts of this present tour.

This is DEFINITIVELY a concert not to miss!

Eric Romano, Webmaster

http://www.mygnr.com

• 5 months later...

Toronto November 29 th 2002 !!

Can still remember 1st chord to WTTJ being struck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I wanna hear Toronto scream" !!

1st time ever seeing them....Center Floor perfect view !!

Awesome night ..one of best memory's ever !

I skipped both opening acts so I could consume maximum alcohol before GnR's !!

Yes they were awesome...Axl's vocals were weak and 6-7 of the AFD songs but overall I give it ohhh...I dunno %99 out of 100  ;D

Was awesome seeing him 1st time live !  Exspecially going all those dark years 94-01 thinking my chance had gone !

Viprz & mister bo are also from Toronto and saw them that night !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have to agree.  8)

Toronto November 29 th 2002 !!

Can still remember 1st chord to WTTJ being struck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I wanna hear Toronto scream" !!

1st time ever seeing them....Center Floor perfect view !!

Awesome night ..one of best memory's ever !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I went to that concert and boy was it crazy! The opening scream was absolutely haunting in a good way. I don't remember a lot cuz I was just mesmerized but man were there tons of hot chicks in Toronto. Holy geez!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

after being told i couldnt bring my beer into the stadium i got pissed. then after that fag mixmastermike got on i was disapointed. But a few hours later all u here is

"I wanna hear toronto scream!"

everyone went wild. and then we see him run across the stage. after wttj he was like there are alot of fuckin girls here tonight.  ;D

it was great

• 2 months later...