Dizzy Reed at Cornell

Madagascar88

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. Are you ever gonna finish posting the interview?

hey man. im trying to work around my schedule here.

i'll prob watch the video and type up the fourth part in the next few hours.

Thanks bro! I'm thirstin for knowledge! I appreciate it! :P

Building on this, from talking to him at lunch & whatnot... Dizzy had a LOT to say about the former Gunners. Keep in mind these are paraphrases...

You know... all those guys do... I mean, I'm not supposed to tell you this.. it's kind of confidential... but Slash, Duff... all those guys have been offering bigtime for a reunion. [i ask whether he means their agents] Yea... I mean they wouldn't ask our management themselves so they go through their own to contact us about a reunion.

congratulations...... sp/at picked up on this, even has you as the source, another rumor in the making.

It's amazing how Dizzy knows this, and that Slash currently has a drug and drinking problem that's completely out of hand :blink: , but doesn't know anything about his current band. Joke.

For God's sake, it's not that he doesn't know anything. He says they've been working on the album persistantly. He knows what's going on and IS NOT TALKING ABOUT IT. Call it playing dumb (certainly works on most people), call it whatever you want. He's not allowed to talk about when the albums going to be released and any other kind of 'top secret' info surrounding the album and/or band. It's obvious. Do you think he's just going to come out and say: "Oh yea, the album's going to drop on March 31st, followed by a huge tour in these cities on these dates, and we picked up this awesome new guitar player to replace BH...", etc.

DUH

Matt, your take is pure speculation, nothing more. Fact is, if these other band members are just "playing dumb" then they've perfected this as a new artform given all of their erroneous predictions in the past. It could very well be Dizzy simply doesn't know as yet when the album will be released. Axl may not even know(have decided) since he only commited to "new music" being heard this year and not the album. Don't think Axl didn't pick his words carefully.

If Dizzy doesn't want to talk on the record, there's many more intelligent ways he could respond, including a no-comment, rather than telling the interviewer and audience they know as much as he does about the release. Face it, we don't know the facts and neither do you, and neither may Dizzy...

"We've actually been doing stuff... we haven't been sittin' around."

My point is, in response to the people that cry about 'he's not even in the loop in his own band' type shit, that's total BS based on the above quote from the interview. That's not speculation, according to Dizzy, "[they've] actually been doing stuff... [they] haven't been sitting around."

He's just as much in the loop as Axl himself based on those comments.

I disagree. The only thing that quote proves is that he has worked on the music. He could still know jack shit about the recording process or about the targeted release date. He knows about the music, especially the parts he has done, but there is no way he is as much in the loop as Axl is when it comes the bigger picture.

I gotta agree with Turn It Up, with the predictions some of these guys have made I don't know why we should assume they are being kept fully up-to-date. The evidence suggests otherwise. They know more than we do but they are far from being kept in the loop.

Could "The general" be a brain drum solo?

that might be great. The general ---> army ---> army style music ---> army style drums --> meaning pounding, hard drums ---> Bohnham :blink:

Maybe Bohnham makes a guest appereance :lol:

On a serious note, I would defenitely like a serieus drum solo in a song if it's a bit Bohnham style. Bohnham was the only drummer which drumsolo's were cool. They would make you go like: ---> :blink: