Are people sure these are demos?

Ant

I'm just curious how people came to the assumption that these are demos. The reason I ask is because people seem to be using the defense "THEY'RE JUST DEMOS PEOPLE, DEMOS" to explain away any possible faults the songs have. When I was listening to some UYI demo songs last summer, I remember them being really rough, missing some "effects", and Axl would even say things briefly in between lyrics like "this will be changed" etc. While these on the other hand are quite polished sounding from a production prespective are they not, and Buckethead isn't around to do any tinkering anymore.

Are people just fooling themselves when saying this? Couldn't they actually be final versions? Or do you think the final versions of the songs will be quite different?

Edited by Ant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious how people came to the assumption that these are demos. The reason I ask is because people seem to be using the defense "THEY'RE JUST DEMOS PEOPLE, DEMOS" to explain away any possible faults the songs have. When I was listening to some UYI demo songs last summer, I remember them being really rough, missing some "effects", and Axl would even say things briefly in between lyrics like "this will be changed" etc. While these on the other hand are quite polished sounding from a production prespective are they not, and Buckethead isn't around to do any tinkering anymore.

Are people just fooling themselves when saying this? Couldn't they actually be final versions? Or do you think the final versions of the songs will be quite different?

they are demos.

they came from a demo cd.

thats how we know.

no one has the entire cd as of now either.

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey

they are demos.

thats how we know.

oh..... no?

GUnsguy

they are demos.

thats how we know.

oh..... no?

GUnsguy

What do you mean no?

Yeah recording has changed from analog to digital most likely this time around.

These are demos b/c the mixing is horrible. 13 Million Dollars buys you a lot better mixing.

they are demos.

thats how we know.

oh..... no?

GUnsguy

What do you mean no?

Yeah recording has changed from analog to digital most likely this time around.

These are demos b/c the mixing is horrible. 13 Million Dollars buys you a lot better mixing.

im not sure.

was that first guy disagreeing with me or somethign?

weird.

anyway yeah youre right second guy.

good job.

Its fair to say the songs are not mixed beyond a rough demo mix. This is where all of the complaints come in about "that doesn't really fit" or "that doesn't really flow", representative of the seperate sections worked on independantly then pieced together roughly. You will see, those transitions that people are complaining about in the middle of "Better" will be bad ass on the final mix....or so my magic 8-ball tells me.

Edited by MetaSouL

I've said before - I think there's gonna be disappointment.

People sayin, they'll be better etc.

I think these are the done songs. Done and done. Who the hell layers like 5 vocal tracks for a demo?? With layered backing vocals, all the little guitar nuances...no these are the real deal I think (and am afraid for some people).

I think these are the done songs. Done and done. Who the hell layers like 5 vocal tracks for a demo?? With layered backing vocals, all the little guitar nuances...no these are the real deal I think (and am afraid for some people).

I do that for demos.

Just because they are demos doesn't mean I do a half-assed job. And if I, a high school kid, don't do a half-assed job, I'm sure Mr. Axl doesn't do a half-assed job with his demos.

Who the hell layers like 5 vocal tracks for a demo?? With layered backing vocals, all the little guitar nuances...

Axl Rose, the man who works on an album for 10+ years, that's who. He probably wanted to record the entire album as a trial run before the real deal...remember all of the demo versions of Don't Cry (at least 4 that I heard). You can do a lot in 10 years. The album will deliver. If the demo of Better was mixed and mastered professionally it would be groundbreaking in my opinion...and I believe we will get much more than that...I don't even think these demo recordings will be on the album, we will likely hear that which follows the trail run material.

Axl Rose will easily do up to 5 vocal tracks for the finished product. Listen to AFD and Illusions he has three octaves going at some times. He fattens them up. Yeah.

Also keep in mind, these are some shitty ass mp3's. 160 190? Nothing CLOSE to 320. Another reason why these Suck in quality.

Axl Rose will easily do up to 5 vocal tracks for the finished product. Listen to AFD and Illusions he has three octaves going at some times. He fattens them up. Yeah.

Also keep in mind, these are some shitty ass mp3's. 160 190? Nothing CLOSE to 320. Another reason why these Suck in quality.

Yeah, not that I think these aren't demos, but to offer a different side... you reach a certain point and it doesn't matter, because the human ear can't hear the difference between 300 and 320.

The fact that these appear to be demos has little to do with bitrate. The mix itself, the transitions from verse to bridge, bridge to chorus, chorus to breakdown, have not been mixed or mastered with the great care we are certain Mr Rose will insist upon.

Yeah, not that I think these aren't demos, but to offer a different side... you reach a certain point and it doesn't matter, because the human ear can't hear the difference between 300 and 320.

Its not bitrate that makes the trained ear detarmine if it a demo or not, its the mix, the transition from verse to bridge, bridge to chorus, etc. I doubt Axl would spend ten years recording and one day mixing.

Edited by MetaSouL

I'm just curious how people came to the assumption that these are demos. The reason I ask is because people seem to be using the defense "THEY'RE JUST DEMOS PEOPLE, DEMOS" to explain away any possible faults the songs have.

I asked the same question here a couple of days ago. No one had a very convincing answer. Maybe the sound quality isn't great, but there are so many different layers of sound...who the fuck does that for a demo?!

but there are so many different layers of sound...who the fuck does that for a demo?!

Axl Rose, as we said, the man who took over ten years to make an album. He probably demanded the entire album to be recorded 12 times and then picked the best of the best.

well their eather demo's or Axl got a pritty shitty music mixer, i mean 17 million and these are the finals, i don't think so. I beleive that they are demo's i wouldn't be suprized if their are some things changed and the final version blow your head away. But who knows. Only Axl does

;)

oh dear god... you can't be serious? Please never listen to music EVER AGAIN. Yeah I am sure Axl is going to have some dude playing a DRUM MACHINE out on tour. You can't tell by the sloppyness? There is NO WAY IRS is even close to final. The closest one to final version is TWAT. Sorry to be a dick, but this has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Ever.

That is all.

oh dear god... you can't be serious? Please never listen to music EVER AGAIN. Yeah I am sure Axl is going to have some dude playing a DRUM MACHINE out on tour. You can't tell by the sloppyness? There is NO WAY IRS is even close to final. The closest one to final version is TWAT. Sorry to be a dick, but this has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Ever.

That is all.

Err <_<

After hearing shit like Silkworms, seeing Axl looking like a french poodle, and hearing how different his voice was on the 2002 tours, you can't rule anything out at this point :rofl-lol:. I asked because the circumstances surrounding the leaks are suspicous, and I have doubts that they're from that trunk CD from a few years ago (got the feeling these are more recent). Drum machines are pretty common in modern music, why rule it out?

Edited by Ant