Definitely Maybe!

Ant

I used to quite like oasis, i see them at shepards bush in 2001 and finsbury park in 2002 with my friend who's a massive oasis fan and really enjoyed both shows, but don't believe the truth was awful imo with only one decent song in turn up the sun, although it's against the belief of a lot of oasis fans i thought their most original music came from the sotsog and heathen chemistry lp's, with songs like gas panic, go let it out, hindu times, hung in a bad place & stop crying your heart out, but ever since don't believe the truth came out oasis have gone completely out of my head, but as this topic's about definitely maybe i believe it's a good album with some top songs like shakermaker, supersonic and rock n roll star, so all in all i think oasis are on a downward spiral, i hope they recover, but i doubt it...

Finsbury was amazing, i went on the saturday and i rank it at least in my top 2 gigs ever. Heathen chemistry is a really good album but dont believe the truth has really got me liking them again, not a bad tune on there

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Maybe is the best and most important rock n roll album ever in my opinion, my life would be completely different today if it wasnt for that album.

its just like, here we are, were having it, you can have it too, otherwise fuck off.

Oasis didnt just seize the day they took it out drinking and shagged it senseless.

AFD and Definitely Maybe are very similar albums.

BE HERE NOW, is a monstrous cocaine album. its still fucking great, just incredibly overwhelming.

Standing On The Shoulder of Giants is great too.

Edited by atom heart mother

First band I ever got into. Had their first two albums on pre-recorded tape. No one has those anymore!

Ha, I've gone a full circle really.

I remember when i first bought definitely maybe on tape, it was in 1995, the tape was broken,the volume channels were fucked, and all i could hear was this massive whiney drone in all of the songs. Yet it still changed my life, the following week i bought a new copy. :heart:

Ah, Oasis.

A band I tried to get into, but never could.

I've heard just about every album and liked a handful of songs. But it just didn't do it for me, I think it's the singer, (Liam?) However, when the guitarist one sings, (He's Noel right?) it's pretty good I think.

But to each their own.

Definitely maybe is a great solid rock album. one of the best debut albums ever ;)

i always thoroughly enjoyed it because every song is a good song... i love married with children atm.. : )

too bad i cant say the same for the rest of their albums, apart from dont believe the truth.

Edited by slashs_servant

Definitely maybe is a great solid rock album. one of the best debut albums ever ;)

i always thoroughly enjoyed it because every song is a good song... i love married with children atm.. : )

too bad i cant say the same for the rest of their albums, apart from dont believe the truth.

you love definitely maybe and dont believe the truth but hate their other albums? howcome? i find that pretty strange lol.

I find DBTT to be their second weakest albums, still amazing though.