GNR Played Surprise Gig Tonight in NYC!

bandita

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless that too was recorded for release? Perhaps?

Would explain why Axl went off, AND THEN came back on, rather than staying on and singing happy birthday.

Unlikely, to say the least.

hmm....i think this might be going on a live album.....

as for cameras....am i the only one who's ever taped a birthday?

6 am.. just got home... still in shock... that was without a doubt the greatest night of my life. I danced with Axl. Hung out in their private room... I don't want to be the asshole that goes around and dishes all this stuff, but as long as you guys already heard about it... it was recorded by the documentary crew, so perhaps you'll see it if the documentary gets released.

That's all I'm gonna say about it: it was the best night of my life.

Finally... This is what rock n roll is all about... Axl has ditched the Jerseys and his new look is incredible. From all the photos and recordings from the Hammerstein shows the New Guns look brilliant and now this acoustic set. Axl is doing what we all knew he would. Us guns fans are going to be rewarded for our loyalty with Axl at his brilliant best. His attitude looks like he is enjoying what he is doing and for him to do a acoustic set its like returning to grass roots rock n roll.

We now have two brilliant Rock groups going round playing rock like its meant to be played. With passion and attitude. The New Guns and Velvet Revolver are cool. Some hate VR and love guns, some hate guns n love VR but i love them both, i love rock n roll, I love Axl, I love slash, they inspire me,

ROCK AND ROLL IS BACK MY FRIENDS rock2 rock3rock4

6 am.. just got home... still in shock... that was without a doubt the greatest night of my life. I danced with Axl. Hung out in their private room... I don't want to be the asshole that goes around and dishes all this stuff, but as long as you guys already heard about it... it was recorded by the documentary crew, so perhaps you'll see it if the documentary gets released.

WHAT DOCUMENTARY?

You´re very lucky, I´m jealous!!!! :)

WHAT DOCUMENTARY?

there're rumors of a documentary floating around, so please know that I am not the one starting this. I can't confirm or deny anything, but the crew was there for this set. Who knows what'll happen with the footage.

I probably shouldn't be saying anything at all, but as a fan, I feel compelled to share my joy with fellow fans... they'll understand how exciting tonight was. My other friends just don't quite get it. So yeah, I'm done talking about it except to say that I'm so happy that I may just be stuck in a permanent smile for the rest of my life.

Edited by JennaSide

WHAT DOCUMENTARY?

there're rumors of a documentary floating around, so please know that I am not the one starting this. I can't confirm or deny anything, but the crew was there for this set. Who knows what'll happen with the footage.

I probably shouldn't be saying anything at all, but as a fan, I feel compelled to share my joy with fellow fans... they'll understand how exciteing tonight was. My other friends just don't quite get it.

thats so awesome you got to go! I remember you were worried about not being able to get tickets for any of the shows and now you're probably one of the luckiest members here :rofl-lol: i'm sure it was great! I can just imagine seeing those guys jamming in that kind of setting.

THIS... is UNREAL!!!! :o

what the fuck! incredible!

i still can't believe it! they played "used to love her"!!!! :o

axl is back for good indeed, ready to reclaim his vacant throne as rock's greatest frontman!

this year is exceeding all of my expectations! holy shit!!!!!!! :D

THIS... is UNREAL!!!! :o

what the fuck! incredible!

i still can't believe it! they played "used to love her"!!!! :o

axl is back for good indeed, ready to reclaim his vacant throne as rock's greatest frontman!

this year is exceeding all of my expectations! holy shit!!!!!!! :D

Did you go to the accoustic gig too?

now you're probably one of the luckiest members here

I really am. There are just some absolutely amazing people working behind the scenes in that band and I was just lucky enough to meet the right ones. Or maybe crazy enough... because had I not emptied my savings for tickets to all 4 shows, and had I not been outside in line for hours and hours and gotten up to the front gate 3 outta 4 nights, and had I not waited long hours by the stage door every night after the show... had I not done all these slightly-crazy things, I wouldn't have have met these awesome people. They rewarded my passion and dedication in the greatest way. I can't possibly thank them enough.

I've been going through some pretty awful things in my personal life lately, but this past week has brought me joy unlike anything I could've possibly imagined.

So thank you to the people that made this possible for me... I'm humbled by this whole experience.

I really am. There are just some absolutely amazing people working behind the scenes in that band and I was just lucky enough to meet the right ones. Or maybe crazy enough... because had I not emptied my savings for tickets to all 4 shows, and had I not been outside in line for hours and hours and gotten up to the front gate 3 outta 4 nights, and had I not waited long hours by the stage door every night after the show... had I not done all these slightly-crazy things, I wouldn't have have met these awesome people. They rewarded my passion and dedication in the greatest way. I can't possibly thank them enough.

I've been going through some pretty awful things in my personal life lately, but this past week has brought me joy unlike anything I could've possibly imagined.

So thank you to the people that made this possible for me... I'm humbled by this whole experience.

cheers JennaSide :shades: NYC was a great time! If they play the garden when the tour the US I'm coming back just to do it!

Thats really a great story, im glad these shows have gave you something positive in your life, sounds like you needed this. Nice to see something like this happen to someone like you.

Congrats :)

this is a real touching story and i feel real happy for you....good luck!