GNR Played Surprise Gig Tonight in NYC!

bandita

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY HEY HEY, WOW..wait a minute.. Axl had an argue with Brain?!?!?!??! What was that thing about? And Brain wasn't with the rest of the band yesterday.. :(

He fucked up the start of nightrain and Axl stopped it all and made him start again....

Yes, and that is because it is being recorded to be released as a DVD, I know that now for a fact (no, I am not going to post sources). So for Axl to pick the best version of Nightrain for the DVD, Brain had to start over playing it without noticable mistakes....small mistakes will noone notice but the first time he started Nightrain he just screwed up the beats in a very noticable way.

And for the Bday, a drumkit is too loud for that kind of setting.

It wasn't a small mix up in beats, the intro was supposed to played 2x, tehy kicke right into the song instead, so he stopped it, they restarted, and during the 2nd intro was when he was introducing Kid Rock...

wow, no way! this is so exciting!! i can't wait for that documentary or whatever i hope they really put some kind of recording out there! the set sounds like perfection! what wouldn't i do to have some kind of audio or video of this!!

Axl is back babyyy!!! and this time is for real!!! you can just tell he's happy and in the right place this time.. this years is the year of GNFR!!!!!!

expect CD this fall!!

Finally... This is what rock n roll is all about... Axl has ditched the Jerseys and his new look is incredible. From all the photos and recordings from the Hammerstein shows the New Guns look brilliant and now this acoustic set. Axl is doing what we all knew he would. Us guns fans are going to be rewarded for our loyalty with Axl at his brilliant best. His attitude looks like he is enjoying what he is doing and for him to do a acoustic set its like returning to grass roots rock n roll.

We now have two brilliant Rock groups going round playing rock like its meant to be played. With passion and attitude. The New Guns and Velvet Revolver are cool. Some hate VR and love guns, some hate guns n love VR but i love them both, i love rock n roll, I love Axl, I love slash, they inspire me,

ROCK AND ROLL IS BACK MY FRIENDS rock2 rock3rock4

i couldnt have put it any better myself. thats exactly how i feel. i was surprized how good axl has come back.

im delighted he proved his doubters (includin me!)

an acoustic show shows the vibe the guys are feelin. this is great!

I'm literally tweakin out right now :lol: I couldn't get on to the site yesterday and I get on here today and HOLY HELL all this stuff! Especially this acoustic gig! And Izzy got on stage with Axl and played?! Fucking hell i'm so happy...and I wasn't even there :lol: .

JennaSide through my point of view you are the luckiest female on earth right now and i'd totally kill to be you! You danced with AXL ROSE :shocked: ? God your lucky...and you talked to the other band members and such too? To have something like that happen to me would be absoulutley amazing. It will too :)

Axl looks so good in all the pics,..his outfits and the way he looks with people/ the band in all the pictures, I definatley think its the right time for him to 'return'.

Best frontman on earth again?

rock3

The funny thing is, before I heard that new Axl radio interview I was thinking that the last NYC shoes reminded me of the Ritz in 1991 as a pre-warm up, and last night reminded me of CBGB from '87.

Maybe Axl's just firing these things spontaneously, or maybe it's calculated? either way its very very smart of his part - well played! ;)

Also, is it me or is one of the most pleasing aspects of this impromtu visit to this birthday bash is that it's a very friendly, pro-active(and dare I say it) un-Axl-like thing to do?

Yep, this is worrying, they're acting like a real band!! B)

Axl and New Guns' are certainly back - and things are looking very good indeed.

UK SUBS.

I see that Subsy and I raise you a 'Chinese Democracy'! :D

Goin' to Hammersmith?

To anyone who is interested and in NYC tonight the 19th.... At the show this morning there was a mention of a club called SNAFU. I think it is on the east side in the 40's. I do not know what will happen there, if anything. I am just trying to pass some info. From what I understand, Rosario will probably be there with some of her friends. I do not know weather or not it relates to GNR. This comes from someone who was at the show. NOT ME, I was not there. The pics are really cool from the show. Like I said before, when I get the video, I will post a link. I will not be able to reply again until tomorrow. It's Tool time!!!

Guest JohnUlmer

I particularly like this one:

2006May18RDawson_CYThumbnailtnRDawsonARose4_051806.jpg

Seriously, Axl never smiles and then we get the smile of a third-grader who's just been given a cookie. Awesome stuff!

BTW, acoustic Blues and I.R.S.? Used to Love Her?

SOMEONE PLEASE POST A FRIGGIN' BOOTLEG!

And yes, it was recorded - it was her birthday party, video will surface within a week or so I'm sure, or at least audio - and probably good quality.

It's not like this was some small party just between her and friends, press were invited (check photos of guys with cameras).

Edited by JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer
In february I was fuckin a girl who looks a lot like Rosario Dawson..sounds like Axl is fuckin' the real thing now.

I love how people are always inserting random references to who they are fucking or have fucked - and somehow, magically, the woman they are/were fucking always "looks a lot" like a hot celeb or a Playboy playmate.