Axl Rose On KROQ - Unveils LA Show, Addresses Tommy Hilfiger Fight

madison

DATE: May 19, 2006

SOURCE: KROQ

Axl Rose did an interview by telephone with KROQ Radio in L.A. this morning, where he confirmed that GNR will headline KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006, which takes place on Sept. 23 at the Hyundai Pavillion At Glen Helen.

Rose also talked about the band's four NYC shows at the Hammerstein.

"We did this NYC thing and we didn't know how it was going to go," said Rose. "It's been so much fun."

Rose also talked about his decision to play an acoustic set at a small club as part of Rosario Dawson's birthday bash Thursday night. He called it "the smartest thing I've done in at least 10 years."

Rose confirmed reports that a scuffle broke out between himself and Tommy Hilfiger.

"Yeah, he called me out. It was like insane. It was like the most surreal thing that's ever happened to me in my life,'' said Rose. It began when "I moved his girlfriend's drink so that it wouldn't spill." The feud escalated, where Rose said Hilfiger grabbed his arm.

"I haven't experienced more hatred and twisted - whatever - from a cop," Rose said. "I don't think that I've met anybody more twisted in 15 years." Rose said Kid Rock, who was nearby, remarked "Dude, I was sitting there man and I haven't seen anything more Detroit."

brak17sk.jpgbrak23rk.jpgbrak32qz.jpg

Link to full interview:

http://www.kroq.com/kevinandbean/sounds.html