Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snakepitwalker

Detroit 2002

I thought I did good buying floor seat's and man was I wrong, There wans't any seat's just places to stand. Sucked, I ended up running from a security gaurd and stealing a nose bleed seat. CKY sucked, Mix master mike ripped it up, and Axl was great. He opend the show doned in a Red Wing jersey. I was bummed that he didn't play paradise city, but I'd go see the show again if I could. I wish it was the old guys, Buckethead just doesn't cut it when it comes to the old tunes.

Good show, AXL sounded great for many songs highlights were: Live and Let Die, Outta To Get Me, Welcome to Jungle

I really believe the show was cut short due to a city ordinance that shows can't continue past a certain time (must be midnight) Apparently years ago, Ted Nugent played until 4AM.  Love the new lineup, very professional Buckethead, Brain, Robin Finck all played hard and didn't miss much.  Somebody else on another board said they didn't have the stage presence that Slash and the old guys had, I disagree the only stage presence they were missing was not being stoned out of their gourds like the old crew.

The last song he sang was patience and its usually paradise city,he sang loads of patience wrong,said goodnight and threw the microphone in the air and left,he didnt seem very happy. Does anyone know why?

coz axl gets wound up over stupid things and acts like a baby coz he got the lyrics wrong so he goes home and doesnt care about the rest of the show and consequences.

So he ended it because he got some words wrong? He sang the last part right.

yes, he probably blamed the band too for screwing the chords up or whatever because it's never his fault

Wait wasnt it like a mix of everything? He was fucking up the words and the band was playing it wrong. I heard there was some technical thing somewere in it too...or maybe that was a different concert ;)

:krider:

Any one got the DVD or audio of this show? I've got incomplete audio, but would like it all. Also, Rhiad And The Bedouins was played at this show, the first live performance on the North American Tour.

Guest Riie

i read somewhere that the soundguys screwded up or something and axl couldnt hear himself, and thats why he got the words wrong..

There were sound problems, axl got the lyrics messed up and the band werent playing it right, axl throws microphone in the air and then he walks offstage

Guest siliconmessiah

Exactly What happened here. Did the tour end??

Was any of you there and watching?

Axl look tired, thinking about other stuff than the concert.

Anyone has the facts??

(((It´s now availible in the DOWNLOAD/VIDEO forum)))

/

siliconmessiah

The band totally botched Patience, Axl got mad and walked off the stage. The tour didn't end for another week or so.

The band totally botched Patience, Axl got mad and walked off the stage. The tour didn't end for another week or so.

Surprised he didn't fire them

Guest siliconmessiah

Surprised he didn't fire them

Ah, I would´ve been so pissed. Leaving the poor other guys looking stupid.... :monkey:

But anyway. Out with the old, in with the new.

Exactly What happened here. Did the tour end??

Was any of you there and watching?

Axl look tired, thinking about other stuff than the concert.

Anyone has the facts??

(((It´s now availible in the DOWNLOAD/VIDEO forum)))

/

siliconmessiah

I was there. The previous poster was right about Patience. After Axl left, the house lights went up and there was no encore of Paradise City. It was quite a let down.

Guest siliconmessiah

He looks like he´s thinking about something. Circling his feet on stage, damn, something was brewing in GNR-camp back then...

He looks like he´s thinking about something. Circling his feet on stage, damn, something was brewing in GNR-camp back then...

I was thinking that too, something like "we've done this so many times and now they totally fuck it".

Guest siliconmessiah

I was thinking that too, something like "we've done this so many times and now they totally fuck it".

Yes, I haven´t heard/seen all of the song, just that little clip.

I mean, Robin´s solo sounds alright. But if the rest of the song has been a fuck up, then I understand.

I was there and it seems more like axl messed up the lyrics? The order or something and robin was stuck. I could be wrong.

Also, he seemed to screw up I used to lover her in NY at Plumm. He shouldn't be hard on the other guys unless he is perfect.

I have also heard him screw up the intro to paradise city. Starts to early or late.

When it all comes together though, its magic.

We all have bad days at work,that was one of his bad days...shiy happens