What the hell happened to the board?

metalgod

The forum got hacked by BOOMBROTHERS, the E-mail you recieved was sent to alot of people ( although I did not get one). I don't know why they hacked it but it's back now and thats what matters. They also were supposed to be hacking CD.com and HTGTH but neither actually happened.

rock4

The forum got hacked by BOOMBROTHERS, the E-mail you recieved was sent to alot of people ( although I did not get one). I don't know why they hacked it but it's back now and thats what matters. They also were supposed to be hacking CD.com and HTGTH but neither actually happened.

rock4

They were not suposed to hack the other too, people said it'd be funny as hell if they hacked those as well.

The only reason we got hacked is because Eric's was still using IPB 2.1.5. No one knows why he took so long to get it back up though, the hacker said himself that it should have been back in within 30 minutes, not 3 days.

i got an email too :anger:

did any even check out their website???

Yes, I did. It's a pretty cool overall forum with a great atmosphere of people.

A great atmosphere of people that go round destroying and/or damaging other people's forums.

Lovely.

Edited by Dory

their forum is shit, its full of people who use pre-made scripts and they can only hack old versions of software, thats all they can do

and most hackers have ethics, if they hack a site its usually to show the admin it is vunerable, there are ethics that keep people from deleting stuff

Any1 have any probs with their avater?

mine went back to my old one, plus i lost about 100 posts.

wtf is that all about? is it just cause those fuckheads screwed up the system?

everything is gone up to June 3rd...so anything you did after June 3rd on the forum..is GONE!!

J.Walker

thanx for the info.

No one knows why he took so long to get it back up though, the hacker said himself that it should have been back in within 30 minutes, not 3 days.

Are you an idiot?

You really must be. Do you honestly believe that all that the hackers did was hide the existing forums and create a new one? How stupid are you?

Eric had to restore the backup for the entire forum. A forum with over a million posts, almost 25 000 members - that's an enormous amount of data - do you have any idea how huge a job that is for one person? On a weekend, when the Invision tech support is closed?

If you honestly can't appreciate how much work that it took to get this place running again, and you're dumb enough to take the word of some amateur loser hackers that were too afraid to admit the extent of the damage they created, for fear of getting caught - then seriously, just leave and don't come back.

Eric worked around the clock with virtually zero sleep to get this place running again for people like you. It pisses me off to no end that he has to come on here and read bullshit like that.

Why don't both of you just fuck off.

The reason I flared up was because that's the second comment i've read that you've made of that nature:

"Well done on taking three days for something that you'd have been able to have back up in half an hour.

Shit, they should have hacked it again to restore the damn thing when it was takin' a hell of a lot longer then it should have.

I'm not the one making comments such as those, which are really uncalled for.

almost famous, it would be great to mention it IF you knew what you were talking about, but you dont, the first time you knew anything about hacking was when this forum was hacked, and you signed up for the hackers forum, they tell you shit in turn you believe...

...I am involved in what I believe in, whats your story?

the hackers changed there story numerous times, about the hack, even when he said 30 minutes it should be back, then he said 20 min, then he said 5 min, i mean these are children we are talking about cant you see it yourself?

Gunsguy