New Track - "Better" - Used In Harley-Davidson Ad

captaint

Why did they change it?

When will we be able to see Better again?

Will a really big advertising campaign start soon?

What about this Baseball World Series stuff, when will this start? Maybe this will be the kick off for real promo, including a release date for Better as the first single.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they change it?

When will we be able to see Better again?

Will a really big advertising campaign start soon?

What about this Baseball World Series stuff, when will this start? Maybe this will be the kick off for real promo, including a release date for Better as the first single.

Guessing from what was said... this was released too early, this wasn't suppose to be seen so soon

Haha, they obviously got an angry call from GnR management.

Oh well, youtube.

did you save the full quality version that was on the Harley Site? I attempted to but could not work out how to rip it.

YouTube is good but not as good as the big screen version as shown on the Harley-Davidson site:

hdadgo4.gif

i thought the majority of this forum was anti-motorcycling :book:

funny how minds change, when axls involved :rofl-lol::monkey:

Doesn't mean they can't like an advert which features music they like on it ;). Although, if someone has completely changed their view on motorcycling solely based on that advert then that is sad :chef:

Monty

right guys,

heres both demo and ad compared...

http://download.yousendit.com/F4D3BD293743A540

there running at the same time and dont sound different so basically the intro voice is the SAME as the demo..

ill run the parts in a bit

and btw about the guitars not being in, i reduced them so i could get a better sound of axls voice

btw after messing around on the noise reduction, ive noticed, unlike the demo, the ad has axls voice on a slight reverb which makes it sound more comfortable to listen to .

FINAL EDIT:

THERE IS NOTHING DIFFERENT TO THE AD, ONLY DIFFERENT GUITAR NOTES GETTING HIT AND DIFFERENT DRUMS IN THE START

- my guess, this is not the studio but like a final draft..

Edited by There Was A Fine

One thing I noticed is how the vocals are way louder than the guitar, in the first verse. Is that just the mixing on the ad so you can hear his voice over the sheep? :book:
I hope so ... my thoughts exactly - the vocal sounds messy that high in the mix.

wasn't everyone dissing slash for making a vw commercial?

HYPOCRITE' is the word of the week :rofl-lol:

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=19776

that sucks.. i made the vid private.

Lucky for me i downloaded it from YouTube first :)

I'd still prefer to have a version that is of the quality that was on the Harley site though <_<

a friend of mine ripped it, its great quality, i'll get it from him again and upload it, its 7 MB and mpeg4, i still got it on my psp but not on the harddrive

Edited by dark_future

Because he's a fucking douchebag crybaby who probably threatened HD with a lawsuit for putting the commercial up a few days early, and for telling Jarmo what he can and can't talk about. (Of course, Jarmo is no better for listening to him - I hope Merck makes it worth his while at least.) This is the same guy who gave a statement to Rolling Stone magazine, and then freaked out when it was published.

He's doing more harm than good for this band because he doesn't know that this is good publicity. The fans are getting excited again - all he's doing is suppressing it. Merck will always be public enemy #1 in the GN'R community as far as I'm concerned.

Because he's a fucking douchebag crybaby who probably threatened HD with a lawsuit for putting the commercial up a few days early, and for telling Jarmo what he can and can't talk about. (Of course, Jarmo is no better for listening to him - I hope Merck makes it worth his while at least.) This is the same guy who gave a statement to Rolling Stone magazine, and then freaked out when it was published.

He's doing more harm than good for this band because he doesn't know that this is good publicity. The fans are getting excited again - all he's doing is suppressing it. Merck will always be public enemy #1 in the GN'R community as far as I'm concerned.

merck is a funny name.. and the guy looks funny... thats it.. we dont know anything else about him.

edit: and he said '2005 is the year for guns n roses' :fuckyou: i believed him.