BEHIND THE CURTAIN WITH GN'R Discussion Thread

Vadin

I think Del James is a completely fool and has to learn to think twice before he puts out all his crap in cyberspace. If GNR can’t take the writings on these boards, then stay away. I understand that it’s fair that they don’t want people to show private photos and video recordings at their myspaces, but all these different and also crazy and funny discussions are maybe good for something.

Since Nietzsche said: "God is dead" and science killed the myths, we all have needed a substitute and here we can use art. Guns n Roses fill in those needs for a lot of people, their songs and their lifestyle inspire us as religion can do. Fans get inspired to play music and so on. That’s the meaning of the myths. They shall inspire us to copy them in a certain way to make us grow as a human being.

With that in mind I think GNR should be very careful about hanging out fans at these boards. It’s ok to reflect about everything that has anything to do with GNR and it doesn’t mean people don’t have a life. Maybe it seems retarded to reflect over funny things like the bands looks or Axl’s rants, but it’s also a part of evolving as maybe a young teenager and building up an identity; by getting inspired of an idol. So maybe its time for the grown up band to leave their vanity behind instead of starting a war against their fans.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a right to say what they want, but I think Del was a little out of line with the internet comments. Most of the people in the forum are die-hard fans. I'm just glad Axl is back and remember that any set list is better than no set list at all. Use your illusion III (or Chinese Democracy) is coming soon.

im not gonna copy things from other posts ...

i am an Axl fan .. I want to hear everything possibly recorded by the guy, but you know what I rather him be happy .. he wasnt happy with his own life, and wasnt happy with his life with the "other" band members .. Everyone chooses their path in life, he chose his .. Years ago I chose mine, Id say its time you chose yours ..

Support him or not .. That YOUR choice

As for feeling stupid about something someone from the GNR camp said, again Im way to drunk and lazy to copy the original statement, but ...

no one was taking a shot at you, Del James was saying the same thing Axl said years ago . Live your life, if Chinese Democracy comes out then take joy and pleasure in it (i will), if it doesn't come out then don't let someone else define your life ... live your life for you, not for someone else ..

It's been long enough for me that I'm content .. If I hear new music Im gonna be content, if I don't, then I'll have heard unmixed demos, and those unmixed demos made my life that much nicer ...

Axl's lyrics mirrored my life 15 years ago, and they mirror mine now .. But I live my life for me, do the same for yourself ...

*tear*

That was one great after school special. Time for some milk and cookies?

Oh yeah......

Del......

Suck the gas out of your own ass you leech. Without GNR, youd be another lonely prick getting off on your yahoo cam.

this reply was really hard and criticle of this blog. i think that the gnr team should appreciate the people here, even if some are pesimistic. they are the most loyal of the blogs, most available and have done alot to stop the bullshit as it comes. and by the way del it goes with the teritory. if you don't like being treated like shit the do something. the people want the album, and i can't go 10 mins without reading it 20 times. so if thats not loyal enough then maybee it is best you make a blog that suits your fancy. as for me i'm sticking in here because bitchy loyal people are better then nothing. yaeh it sucks to hear all this shit but what has any of the 'family done to help keep it real? i amazes me that youwould be so bitter and then go on o say rockn roll isn't conformity. funny sounds fmiliar. i just want the same thing. but you can't blame them.

Del made himself out to be an arse. Like preaching to us that we need to reconnect to life - when its him and Axl that need to - like for example saying we shouldnt be coming to the concerts if we are not prepared for an all nite party - hello we have jobs and familys and stuff - REAL LIFE stuff Del or did you forget. And um, when did standing around for hours become an all nite party? And I dont ever remember GNR playing ALL NIGHT.

Axl has always bitched about a very small percentage of his fan base. Those with cameras at concerts, certain idiots fighting in the crowd, and internet geeks complaining about old, stale setlists. Do the comments "The Internet is a garbage can" or "Where's Slash? He's in my ass" ring a bell? Axl, for all of his greatness, is an insecure hot head with a very large ego. He goes off on people from time to time. This is no big deal. I'm still buying the record and going to his concerts.

If you want to get a good idea about Del James, go back and watch the Making Fucking Videos DVDs. That guy is a pompus, know-it-all, wanna-be artist who happened to befriend a rising star in Axl long ago. He got lucky and now thinks he's some kind of brilliant writer. He's was just another white trash partier on Sunset who happened to stumble upon a lottery ticket in the form of GNR in the mid-80s. I'll say one thing for him, he's loyal. That is one common characteristic that all of Axl's people have.

That being said, I'll gladly read Del's elitist dribble if it means finding out things behind the scenes including the status of the drummer situation and new song titles.

milkyboy

-this is an incredibly poignant reply for which I applaud and agree. rock3:rofl-lol: rock1

Here's a little insight for you -- a rock band has to do certain things in order to be prepared to hit the stage. It's a lot like a sports team warming up before hitting the field. Axl has to do his vocal warm ups or else he will blow his voice out. Guitarist Robin Finck has to do yoga-type stretching or else he's going to pull or tear a muscle again. Some of the band members need chiropractic adjustments or massage therapy. Others need to warm up on their instruments. The list is endless and every night something unexpected always occurs. There's a lot more to it than showing up, grabbing an instrument, and walking onstage. No one is interested in wasting your time or keeping you waiting, but the band goes on when it is 100 percent ready to go on and give it all that they have for that evening and not one minute before. The show starts when the band hits the stage and ends when the final encore is over.

Del cant compare this. A sports team hitting the field on time. They are not 1 or 2 hours late...

Think about it. If FC Barcelona was 2 hours late for Champions League Final? They would lose the game...

Here's a little insight for you -- a rock band has to do certain things in order to be prepared to hit the stage. It's a lot like a sports team warming up before hitting the field. Axl has to do his vocal warm ups or else he will blow his voice out. Guitarist Robin Finck has to do yoga-type stretching or else he's going to pull or tear a muscle again. Some of the band members need chiropractic adjustments or massage therapy. Others need to warm up on their instruments. The list is endless and every night something unexpected always occurs. There's a lot more to it than showing up, grabbing an instrument, and walking onstage. No one is interested in wasting your time or keeping you waiting, but the band goes on when it is 100 percent ready to go on and give it all that they have for that evening and not one minute before. The show starts when the band hits the stage and ends when the final encore is over.

Del cant compare this. A sports team hitting the field on time. They are not 1 or 2 hours late...

Think about it. If FC Barcelona was 2 hours late for Champions League Final? They would lose the game...

yeah i know what a crock of shit del!, show the fuck up an hour early! do your sports warm ups... yoga whatever the fuck you bad ass rockers do, and be there on fucking time, people can't wait for gnr all night, they got shit to do, people to see.