How do you feel about the Del James press release?

Guest Matt13

How do you feel about the Del James press release?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Edward Rose
listpg9.jpg

For the uninitiated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see another thread of people trying to decode the set list. (By the way... that kind of thinking is supposed to be "Crazy":) )

Here's what I know from working with bands...

The list on the left is the show list. The list on the right is for Axl to pick a song every now and then when he "Feels" it's right. This could happen anywhere in the normal set list as those songs on the left are being played. He crosses the songs out... or some "helper" dude does it, AS the songs are being played Live. This picture of this list was taken after the show was over... which is why the songs on the left are all crossed out.

If he hasn't played a new song Live yet, it's not cuz it's secret. It's either cuz the band isn't tight with it yet or he's never felt that the particular crowd he is in front of will recieve it well.

Just my 2 cent

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone found it offensive, they brought it on themselves.

I agree totally with Del, and Axl shares his veiws judging by his comments at the show.

It doesn't bother me about the setlist, it would bother me if shows were under 2 hours or something, because they usually play a good bit over 2 hours.

Some of the tracks have red stars * next to them. What are these for?

"straight away i went into overanalyze mode and read into the list too much. I went though some dark sh*t. What could the red stars stand for? were they a sign? was there a hidden message in there for the fans? first thoughts were: All the tracks with red stars next to them were tracks from Chinese Democracy. Those thoughts were quickly quashed as my eager overanalyzing eyes spotted that Rocket Queen did in fact have a red star by the side of it." :D

Edited by dobadog

Sure, it's been a long time... but I'm confident our patience will be paid off in the long run.... and that run is coming to an end.

Whether it now or in another 5 years, I'll still be dancing to rock music every day... so whenever it comes, I'll rock-out to it when it gets here.

that's about how i feel, too. well, except the dancing...... rock1

Hey c'mon, admit it, when you're really into an album and you're listening to it at home... don't you find yourself letting go, dancing around and having fun? I know I do. B)

I just don't like the "my way or stay home" attitude Axl has. It's no big deal to me if he wants to go on late, just make sure everyone knows. Not everyone checks the board and knows the full Axl Rose going on late history. Also, if you want a bigger turn out ( which I would), maybe not go on so late during weeknights if everyone is informed.

I mean, this could happen. Axl goes on late everynight. People don't go to the late shows because they have stuff to do the next morning (like work). Turnout sucks, Axl gets his feelings hurt and the plug is pulled. Who's fault is that? Yeah, it's Axl's fault.

Also, the whole "it's rock and roll" thing and then talking about yoga and chiropractors is silly. You can't get your chiropractic adjustment during the day? You can't start your yoga at 6 or 7, but it has to be at 9 or 10?

Axl would be scrubbing toilets if not for the fans, even those who whine on the board (myself included), who have all the records (several copies in many cases), shirts, posters, buying concert tickets. So it's not all that ridiculous for the fans to want to be treated nicely.

People talk on here from time to time about Axl not owing anything to the fans. Well, the fans don't owe anything to Axl. So maybe he should behave with some common courtesy like the rest of all the bands in the world do. The fans run the show, not the performer. If you can't handle that, you are in the wrong business.

Guest Edward Rose

"straight away i went into overanalyze mode and read into the list too much. I went though some dark sh*t. What could the red stars stand for? were they a sign? was there a hidden message in there for the fans? first thoughts were: All the tracks with red stars next to them were tracks from Chinese Democracy. Those thoughts were quickly quashed as my eager overanalyzing eyes spotted that Rocket Queen did in fact have a red star by the side of it." :D

I did my best with my analytical thinking cap, and I came up with nothing. I can tell you what it's NOT...

It's not; a guest singer, pyro, song that the band is good at playing, song with backing vocals or a song that is vocally difficult for Axl.

My only guess is that those songs are before or after a guitarist solo.

Edited by Edward Rose

Well he did a shout out for Chiropractic.. so that was cool -but the piece was an obviously well edited piece of propaganda. Not very impressed especially the spit in the face to the message boards.

Heres the truth....if it wasn't for the internet message boards , internet texting.. ect.. This band would be another poison/cinderella doing the fair circut... another nostolgic act... and at present that is exactly what it is..a greatist hits tour by a cover band led by the lead singer trying to get back to the top. I'd be pretty fucking humble if I was Del James and Axl as well towards the fans who have held on for so long waiting through every fucked up excuse out there.

How many people looked up on the net -the tour schedule....then looked up ticket information and then...made arrangements to see the tour? I know I did. I know the $500.00 I laid down for the concert alone is money well spent but FUCK YOU DEL AND AXL.....

Thats why I come to this place. Because up until two three weeks ago GNR couldn't be bothered to even post a Site.

listpg9.jpg

For the uninitiated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see another thread of people trying to decode the set list. (By the way... that kind of thinking is supposed to be "Crazy":) )

Here's what I know from working with bands...

The list on the left is the show list. The list on the right is for Axl to pick a song every now and then when he "Feels" it's right. This could happen anywhere in the normal set list as those songs on the left are being played. He crosses the songs out... or some "helper" dude does it, AS the songs are being played Live. This picture of this list was taken after the show was over... which is why the songs on the left are all crossed out.

If he hasn't played a new song Live yet, it's not cuz it's secret. It's either cuz the band isn't tight with it yet or he's never felt that the particular crowd he is in front of will recieve it well.

Just my 2 cent

Thanks for the insight, that's very plausible.

However, I can't believe that any crowd will recieve a new, unheard song well at a concert.

I did my best with my analytical thinking cap, and I came up with nothing. I can tell you what it's NOT...

It's not; a guest singer, pyro, song that the band is good at playing, song with backing vocals or a song that is vocally difficult for Axl.

My only guess is that those songs are before or after a guitarist solo.

There are 4 red stars in total. Maybe if any one of the 4 red star songs are played, the other 3 cannot be played.

Edited by dobadog

Guest Edward Rose
Well he did a shout out for Chiropractic.. so that was cool -but the piece was an obviously well edited piece of propaganda. Not very impressed especially the spit in the face to the message boards.

Heres the truth....if it wasn't for the internet message boards , internet texting.. ect.. whah, wah, wah...

Lets be perfectly clear.

ALL of you... not just the whiners, represent a SMALL portion of the people at these shows.

Again... ALL OF YOU at these bb's.... a SMALL portion of the people who attend these shows. That's a mathematical fact. That's why I haven't taken this place seriously in a long time. When the album is in the hands of millions, and they read the movie quotes like when UYI came out, you will represent a small portion of those people. Which is why I haven't taken this bb seriously for a while now.

At the same time, I still believe Axl and other musicians DO use these forums for feedback... but with a grain of salt.

Edited by Edward Rose

A little bit, not personally but in general saying that the people who actually know who are in the band not to be true fans is kinda absurd.. Also saying that the people who bitch about the setlists should go see a show - well, James, I'm pretty sure that everyone who has bitched about them would be in every fuckin' show if that could be possible.

Guest Edward Rose
There are 4 red stars in total. Maybe if any one of the 4 red star songs are played, the other 3 cannot be played.

I don't think so. Because the songs on the left get played no matter what.

listpg9.jpg

Thanks for the insight, that's very plausible.

However, I can't believe that any crowd will recieve a new, unheard song well at a concert.

Every crowd has a different mood. In fact, every crowd has a different mood even at the same point in a set list. Some crowds are all psyched after the first 3 songs... some are just fucking sleeping. So I still think Axl does use "Crowd vibe" as to whether or not he'll drop a "New-new" song.

Gotta-go!

Edited by Edward Rose

fuck no, the man said it how he took the situation, and i agree with him. this is rcok n roll, and gnr or anybody in their camp arent gonna play nice because it is politically correct.

"nice boys dont play rock n roll"

I thought he was a douche-bag. :huh:

The part about saying the real fans are the ones at the live shows.

That was an idiotic thing to say, I hope one of the "real" fans hit him with a bottle of piss.

Maybe that'll change his mind.

He tells the fans to disconnect from the internet.

But he's writing an article on internet. For who?

Other than that, it was a good read, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I thought he was a douche-bag. :huh:

The part about saying the real fans are the ones at the live shows.

That was an idiotic thing to say, I hope one of the "real" fans hit him with a bottle of piss.

Maybe that'll change his mind.

He tells the fans to disconnect from the internet.

But he's writing an article on internet. For who?

Other than that, it was a good read, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

He's a writer, he's programmed to incite a reaction. But dude you know what he was saying... he's talking about the punks that comment on the shows yet NEVER go to them. And the majority of us DO go to them. It's all good. :)

Yeah but some people can't go to them due to their location or whatever.

What about them? Fuck them?

And what about ALL THOSE YEARS Gn'R wasn't even touring?

I agree that bitching 24/7 about a setlist because you want a more improved bootleg is fucking stupid.

No, I'm not offended by that.

The only thing i disagreed with was when he said something about it not being a big deal to wait for the band to come out at the shows for a long time, saying rock shows are like an all night party.

Sure, it's a cool party when they do finally come out, but leading up to that point, it really sucks when you're standing in an arena for hours compared to say, hanging out at a club before a band comes onstage.

Anyone who's seen Guns live knows that tension in the air waiting so long for Axl to come out.

It's just another sign of the utter contempt that management and Axl has for the fans. The reality that the section of the GN'R fanbase who were around when AFD was released are now in their 30's with jobs and families and have to go to work the day the day after they see GN'R is obviously of no interest to Axl and his yes men.

The weak excuses that are put forward for the late starts are almost as insulting. If members of the band have to do certain things in order to "warm up" for the show, why don't they just get there earlier? As much as I admire the music that Axl has helped to create in the past, there is no way to refute the fact that Axl doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself and he is the sole cause of the lateness, because if any of his employees did it, they'd be out of work pretty quickly.

Every time they make a public statement it just reeks of hostility and contempt for the fans. The "13 tuesdays" and "you might just walk into a store and find CD" are indicative of people who think that there fans are so gulible and stupid that they will take any crap. If they're not prepared to be respectful and honest to the fans that have stuck with this band and just tell us if and when the album will be released, then they no longer deserve the loyalty and support that they have been given.

Axl needs to take a look out at the half empty arenas and see that fewer and fewer people are prepared to deal with his shit. He may have once been able to create great rock music, but if you alienate people like me who have loved GN'R since they first heard it in 1987 and have spent a lot of money on your products, then good luck, you'll need it.

Guest Edward Rose

Let's try this again...

First, he was talking about the whiners at bb's. You fuckers are doing the same thing that the media does... mis-quoting Del's words.

Here's what they taught you that math in school for...

The highest read thread here is 12,000 people. No more than 500 of them could be in Baltimore, MD.

If 400 of them go to a show with 13,000 people in the audience, that's only 3 percent of the crowd coming from this bb.

Also, he was talking about the WHINERS at these bb's. Which is, let's say, are actually 40 of the 400 people who go to the Baltimore show. That's 3-tenths of one percent.

So I'll say it FOR him, the whiners can go fuck themselves because if the Baltimore show lacks these 40 whiners, no one cares... and everybody else had a good time.

Axl needs to take a look out at the half empty arenas and see that fewer and fewer people are prepared to deal with his shit.

WRONG! The shows haven't been "half empty." They've been HALF FULL!

You're BOTH wrong. That picture was like the bad angle of Axl's stomach at the awards show. The arena was full.

Let's try this again...

First, he was talking about the whiners at bb's. You fuckers are doing the same thing that the media does... mis-quoting Del's words.

Here's what they taught you that math in school for...

The highest read thread here is 12,000 people. No more than 500 of them could be in Baltimore, MD.

If 400 of them go to a show with 13,000 people in the audience, that's only 3 percent of the crowd coming from this bb.

Also, he was talking about the WHINERS at these bb's. Which is, let's say, are actually 40 of the 400 people who go to the Baltimore show. That's 3-tenths of one percent.

So I'll say it FOR him, the whiners can go fuck themselves because if the Baltimore show lacks these 40 whiners, no one cares... and everybody else had a good time.

I re-read that twice and I still don't get the point. :huh:

Del's a douche-bag for telling fans to disconnect from the internet, when he's writing an article for a website.

It makes ZERO sense.

And your math is way off.