How do you feel about the Del James press release?

Guest Matt13

How do you feel about the Del James press release?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Edward Rose

Let's try this again...

First, he was talking about the whiners at bb's. You fuckers are doing the same thing that the media does... mis-quoting Del's words.

Here's what they taught you that math in school for...

The highest read thread here is 12,000 people. No more than 500 of them could be in Baltimore, MD.

If 400 of them go to a show with 13,000 people in the audience, that's only 3 percent of the crowd coming from this bb.

Also, he was talking about the WHINERS at these bb's. Which is, let's say, are actually 40 of the 400 people who go to the Baltimore show. That's 3-tenths of one percent.

So I'll say it FOR him, the whiners can go fuck themselves because if the Baltimore show lacks these 40 whiners, no one cares... and everybody else had a good time.

I re-read that twice and I still don't get the point. :huh:

Del's a douche-bag for telling fans to disconnect from the internet, when he's writing an article for a website.

It makes ZERO sense.

And your math is way off.

My math is way off because I over-estimated and under-extimated so that a "Maximum" number of whiners would be in the final number. ("x")

You re-read it twice and still didn't get it, but were somehow able to figure out that my math is off. That's cuz you're either 12 years old or an Axl Hater. I've already wasted too much time on you.

Dis-connect from BULLETIN BOARDS! gunsnroses.com is hardly the place where people waste too much of their day. I've already wasted too much time on you... you, which is only three-tenths of one percent of what matters in the world. ( .3 of one percent)

The rest of what I have to say to you is in my sig...

Edited by Edward Rose

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

edward rose -- > wow, you are really trying hard to make a point, eh?

PS del's a douche bag (it's like the word was made for him) for saying something like that about message boards.

Edited by Jackamo

Let's try this again...

First, he was talking about the whiners at bb's. You fuckers are doing the same thing that the media does... mis-quoting Del's words.

The highest read thread here is 12,000 people. No more than 500 of them could be in Baltimore, MD.

If 400 of them go to a show with 13,000 people in the audience, that's only 3 percent of the crowd coming from this bb.

Also, he was talking about the WHINERS at these bb's. Which is, let's say, are actually 40 of the 400 people who go to the Baltimore show. That's 3-tenths of one percent.

So I'll say it FOR him, the whiners can go fuck themselves because if the Baltimore show lacks these 40 whiners, no one cares... and everybody else had a good time.

I agree 100%. I'm going to the Baltimore show, and quite frankly I can't wait. I don't give a shit if they go on late or when the album comes out. I've waited so long to see this band that I'm way to happy and excited to worry about any of the bullshit. I'm just happy that Axl and company are touring again after all these years. Everybody should be happy to be a GnR fan right now. I know I am.

So let me get this straight... Del thinks people who read the message boards a lot and complain are losers who need to get a life and disconnect from the internet.

But the people who read the message boards a lot but don't complain AREN'T losers who neeed to get a life and disconnect from the internet.

Oh, I get it. Crystal clear now. Thanks Douchebag Del. Go write your next novel. Maybe Axl will personally publish it.

Awesome post :laugh:

I've allways thought about James as a good guy, one of those who were there on top of the floor with GN'R but still had their feet on the ground - I've respected him very much. After his little article he lost all of that respect from me.

Guest Edward Rose
edward rose -- > wow, you are really trying hard to make a point, eh?

PS del's a douche bag (it's like the word was made for him) for saying something like that about message boards.

Okay point-three percent. That's what I'll call you now.

(Don't forget about the sig)

Let's try this again...

I agree 100%. I'm going to the Baltimore show, and quite frankly I can't wait. I don't give a shit if they go on late or when the album comes out. I've waited so long to see this band that I'm way to happy and excited to worry about any of the bullshit. I'm just happy that Axl and company are touring again after all these years. Everybody should be happy to be a GnR fan right now. I know I am.

And just imagine... I saw almost every U.K. show. And even after all that, it was still awesome when they played that alien music and alien lights right before the opening song, and then those first 3 or 4 songs kicked my ass.

If anyone hasn't bought tickets yet because you listened to the .3 percent here, buy them now. Don't think about it, just do it.

Del needs to get off his high horse, if you ask me. Yes, Without You is a brilliant story...yes, he's got a lot of experience and close connections with Guns N' Roses...BUT that doesn't give him license to be an arsehole and badmouth the fans. We're the ones going to the shows and supporting the band. It seems like Del just likes flaunting his connections with GNR, as if it makes him better than the rest of us.

The band should be at least playing CD, Blues, Madagascar, Better, and IRS every night. I wouldn't be complaining if they at least played those songs every night. To charge what they do for tickets and then to come on past midnight and play a shortened setlist with just two new songs is horse shit. Del is lying when he talks about when Baz, PR, and GnR are supposed to take the stage each night. Here's GnR's quote about when everybody is suppposed to be on stage. "The shows have been planned to cater to a Guns N' Roses rock n' roll party atmosphere with Sebastian hitting the stage every night at 8 pm followed by the Special Guest at 9 pm and Guns N' Roses shortly after 10 pm and lots of great music in between.". Now this is what Del says about when everybody is supposed to be on stage. "Every single press release for the tour specifies that Sebastian Bach will be going on sometime AFTER 8pm, Papa Roach will be going on AFTER 9pm, and Guns N' Roses will be onstage AFTER 10pm.". The funniest thing to me is that us little old computer geeks upset the "big bad ass rock n' roller" so much that he has to chew us out on stage and get his minister of propaganda to write an article insulting us.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I think Del James has a pretty high opinion of himself for some reason. Insulting internet fans through the internet is stupid beyond belief. And they aren't his fucking fans to insult. Perhaps he'd spend his time trying to tell his own fanbase that the way they support him is wrong, if he actually had a fanbase to start with.

And I have no interest in being told to 'return to real life' by some guy who's spending his time hopping on board a band's tour bus that he (as far as we know) has no active role in. The entire tone of the article was that of a smug fanboy lauding the fact that he knows the singer and weaseled his way onto the tour.

I think Del James has a pretty high opinion of himself for some reason. Insulting internet fans through the internet is stupid beyond belief. And they aren't his fucking fans to insult. Perhaps he'd spend his time trying to tell his own fanbase that the way they support him is wrong, if he actually had a fanbase to start with.

And I have no interest in being told to 'return to real life' by some guy who's spending his time hopping on board a band's tour bus that he (as far as we know) has no active role in. The entire tone of the article was that of a smug fanboy lauding the fact that he knows the singer and weaseled his way onto the tour.

Trust me when I say this: I COULD NOT have said it better...

Like Takeshi said, I can't understand why Del is taking a hit against the old fans that have their own life with kids and jobs today and are more or less called whiners because they can't wait until midnight to see the show. Yes GN'R is GN'R = Rock N' Roll.

But the fans diserve a little more credit for showing up, i mean most of us fans are happy if we can get a ticket for a night with GN'R. And after the show we all go back to our "normal" lives and what should we do then, just shut the fuck up and not talk about GN'R until the release of CD or next tour? Listen to AFD/UYI on repeat?

Anyway, rock on fans, best discussion for a long time in here. =0)

(yes it my own opinion so lets not compete)

Whether or not Axl was behind it. I think the comments was embarrassing to the band. I do think that it chastises a lot of the fans with the comments about the internet. Even though I think it is stupid when somebody starts a topic about a band members "beard" or "shoes" or whatever petty thing it is. It's fucked up when somebody from the band or band's camp comes out and disses it publicly. His comments about Slash and Duff were waaaaaaaaaayyy rediculous.

I definetly think this article was pro - gnr propaganda, but whats wrong with that! There are enough journalists who will trash guns for no other reason than personal vendetta's, so tipping the scale in their own direction only makes sense if they can. Plus, He's is a writter, and friend of the band. I picture axl asking him to write something on behalf of the band because he's too pissed and busy to deal with it. and regardless of what his role in the GNR camp is he atleast has a first hand perspective of whats going on, which is still more legit than most of you who jump to conclusions about every minuet detail and believe that they know what is best for the band.

I thought it was a smart move.

The problem is that GNR hardly ever communicates directly to it's fans, so when an article like this does come out once in a blue moon and takes the time to scold a portion of its fan base, it's badly taken and should be. If Axl were having more ongoing communications with the fans then it's easier to take the bad with the good and understand his viewpoint.

I mean really, was the debate and complaining over the setlist THAT bad? :rolleyes:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Well i know i already posted this in another thread but i think its approiate to repeat these comments again:

------------------------------ ----------------------------------

One thing i do find spot on is how he writes how some of the fans on the forums over-analyze. Like the beard,set list and all the other gay shit people start topics about....its about fucking time someone with-in the bands "Fold" as he put it,said what alot of us "Real-world" fans think about a fair few people who post stuff on here.

God Dam that guy is the Bomb,fucking spot on!!!!

Maybe from this day forward we'ill get some proper topics that don't ask "is that the 1st photo ever taken where axl shows his feet". LOL.

I for one raise my middle and say "I SAlute You" & "Thank You" for taking the time to tell us how the land lies.

As for me i've been to many a show since way back in the day Del!!!

Edited by jimmy1981

Chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin?

Sorry, I just thought you wanted a cookie or something. Whats wose than over-analyzers are the analists of the analizers. Then there are the glory seekers(AKA ass kissers). Then there are the whiners who whine about peoples whiney topics.

I took offense in the fact that Del bashed the 'message board fans' who are the biggest fans in my opinion...he says that we need to get out and go to a show, but I live in Holland (and I did went to the show in Nijmegen in July), so I like to use these boards to keep up with the American tour, and to give my opinion on it.

He didnt mean all message board fans, he just ment the ones that just sit ther doing fuck all but bitching about shit things like Robins beard, and them coming on stage "late" ther is no set time aslong as its not before 10 O'clock, If your a fan whos on message boards who dosnt bitch albout all that petty shit, and suports the band and makes an efford to go to shows , its not directed to you.

I couldnt get to shows for a number of reasons and im sure if axl and the band knew thay wouldnt have a problem with it. its the fagots that CAN get to shows but dont wanna waste ther time, or would rather sit at home and type shit up complaining about what the band dose, or bitch about shows thay cant even bother ther ass's to go to, or the type of persons who downloads all ther music and dosnt suport the band by buying the CD's ( which is bassicly stealing from ther back poket) and thinks thay should have a say on what the band dose. so i know were i stand.

Del needs to get off his high horse, if you ask me. Yes, Without You is a brilliant story...yes, he's got a lot of experience and close connections with Guns N' Roses...BUT that doesn't give him license to be an arsehole and badmouth the fans. We're the ones going to the shows and supporting the band. It seems like Del just likes flaunting his connections with GNR, as if it makes him better than the rest of us.

Said perfectly.

:)

Said perfectly.

:)

Then why are there still a bunch of fucking assholes on these boards? I shouldn't ever have to name names, but I could. Even after this they still make a bunch of exagerated claims, and in the end it's all a bunch of bullshit that they have no idea about.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

Sorry, I just thought you wanted a cookie or something. Whats wose than over-analyzers are the analists of the analizers. Then there are the glory seekers(AKA ass kissers). Then there are the whiners who whine about peoples whiney topics.

Im not trying to be a kiss ass but i respect your view. I just have a lot of respect for a man who with-in the guns camp,gave 5 min's of his time to let us fans know what axl and the rest of the crew possibly think. Maybe if you took 5 min's yourself to check out some topics people on here create,then maybe you can see why i think is on borderline stalkerish LOL. :rofl-lol:

Since your offering thou i'll have a coffee with 2 sugars and milk if your dishing out cookies :P

Im not trying to be a kiss ass but i respect your view. I just have a lot of respect for a man who with-in the guns camp,gave 5 min's of his time to let us fans know what axl and the rest of the crew possibly think. Maybe if you took 5 min's yourself to check out some topics people on here create,then maybe you can see why i think is on borderline stalkerish LOL. :rofl-lol:

Since your offering thou i'll have a coffee with 2 sugars and milk if your dishing out cookies :P

Yah I have seen those topics. I have commented on them plenty as well. I think that just some of these people get very bored.

VERY BORED!

His basic point is right but he seemed to enjoy insulting the innernet masses. Most people on this forum have been to shows and go everytime they are in town. Am I right? I think he got this all wrong but it's Axl viewpoint also. I think what he's hearing is some negative feedback which you can't hear from the stage or in a limo back to the hotel. Just cos you sell 50 million albums doesnt mean people don't have opinions.