Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

When it comes to Chinese Democracy I often hear something like: "Axl doesn't owe you (us, the Fans) anything." Perhaps that's right, perhaps he doesn't owe us CD, perhaps he doesn't owe us anything, but he definitely owed these 3000 people who bought tickets to his show at least the respect to show up. JMO!

Edited by misch

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please make a separate section for all the doubters and axl-bashers! I'm fed up with this!

rock4

Wouldn't it be easier to make a section for the 150 people or so that follow Axl no matter what? I hear there is a Robin board somewhere. Go check that place out. I'm sure they all believe.

Can we please make a separate section for all the doubters and axl-bashers! I'm fed up with this!

rock4

Wouldn't it be easier to make a section for the 150 people or so that follow Axl no matter what? I hear there is a Robin board somewhere. Go check that place out. I'm sure they all believe.

No! this is a GNR forum. If you sad acts joined a forum purely to just mock Axl and the band you need to seriously get a real hobby, or for that matter a life!

rock4

rock4

If MyGnR sets up a special section just for Axl-Bashers, then it's only fair that MyGnR has similar sections for Robin-Bashers, Frank-Bashers, Tommy-Bashers, Pittman-Bashers, Bumble-Bashers, Dizzy-Bashers... .. .

Edited by dobadog

so why are you here honestly...........

i swear some of the people that come to this board are pathetic losers, honestly man you sound like a bitch.

if you dont like axl, why do you waste your time posting here then?

i bet you wont even answer to this...

I have been a fan of Guns N' Roses since 1986 and it troubles me to see how their legacy is besmirched by the arrogance of an egomaniac. Since 2002, I have been consistently told how incredible this line-up is, and how monumental their impact will be when Chinese Democracy is finally released..

The truth is obvious - I, like every other member on this forum - want to hear what has taken ten years to produce. I want to know what was so important about this album that would compel Axl to drive away the remaining members of the classic line-up..

In 2006, we finally have the opportunity of getting past all of the bullshit. We are given firm promises on the deliverance of the album, but what happens? Axl decides to cancel a show in the US due to poor ticket sales. And as I said before, he has done nothing but alienate a depleting fan-base. If the debacle of the 2002 Chinese Democracy World Tour didn't make things clear, this obviously won't..

Tell me - you aren't the least bit upset that Axl's actions consistently deprive the band of credibility? More importantly, I feel embarrassed for the members of this band itself. These musicians have invested years into this project, and the entire thing can be put into jeopardy by the selfishness of a lead singer. It happened before and this incident is a parallel to that very occurrence..

This version of Guns N' Roses is a joke to the public and it only hurts the legacy of the Guns N' Roses that I remember..

Axl is supposed to be a genius; a true artist, correct? Well, he needs to show me something more than failed attempts at reliving the 1990's..

EDIT: Axl hasn't released an album in 10 years. Do you not realize how arrogant his actions are when he decides to tour and cancel shows because only 3,000 fans bought tickets? It is a disgusting lack of respect for the people that made him. Pyro or no pyro - you play the fucking show and give these fans a reason to care..

-Kickingthehabit

A Guns N' Roses fan from the late 80's you say, well I'm from the same old school aswell and whilst I fully recognise that Axl has made mistakes in the past I embrace the new line-up, you don't? thats fine. This version of GNR might be a joke to you, but clearly not to everybody, otherwise why would we all be here. We need official music, obviously, and this has been a frustration of mine and therefore in many repects Axl has to take this situation on the chin.

One show has been cancelled - lets keep this in prospective.

Axl drove away the original members?

Axl was to blame for last night, says who? you?

Axl cancels a show because of poor sales? source?

41+ shows and one canceled show.....yeah it sucks for those guys but shit happens.

As subs and many others of us who caught loads of shows in the summer knows, GnR are trying really hard to give fans a total experience and i just don't buy they bailed for no reason last night.

rock4

He doesn't need to do anywhere you request.

Huh?

Anyway, I don't care where he goes or what he does, and I'm glad he supports the new band. To expect everyone to believe everything the GNR camp has to say is foolish at best. I suggested somewhere he could go if that's what he was looking for. That's all. Nothing more was implied or intended.

No! this is a GNR forum. If you sad acts joined a forum purely to just mock Axl and the band you need to seriously get a real hobby, or for that matter a life!

I agree with you. The thing you don't get though is that almost everyone is here because they either love GNR or love the new band, or both. You need to understand that Axl has done some things that deserve to be addressed. Not everything is great.

I want the new band to be great. They are not putting themselves in position to succeed. That is disappointing.

Edited by Urlacher54

This comeback is much better than 2002. The highly successful tour of Europe cemented that.

And I don't think this is the end of the tour at all. One cancelled show isn't the end of the world. It's hardly a great sign, but it's not the worst thing either.

AGREEd! rock3

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

The press release was very stange, particularly this

More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue. Our production manager and crew have been in this building with Clay Aiken and Green Day and none of the restrictions imposed on Guns N’ Roses were experienced by those artists. It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out Guns N' Roses and the band's loyal fans. Following consultation with the band's manager, agent and promoter, it was felt that it was best to cancel the show. It is a regrettable decision, particularly at this late notice, but it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

You have got to be kidding me :huh:

I know, I didn't think me, King Dick and Matt13 would get a mention either

:lol: No, Im talking about how they think the venue was out to get them. Just play the damn show without the pyrotechnics, big fucking deal.

I know, but they're a big part and add loads. Plus, they're super amazingly awesome.

Seriously, watch a show with and without pyros. The pyros add a LOT.

Im sick to fuck with assoles complaining and bringing up all this doom and gloom bullshit!

One show was fucking cancelled! GnR have had a full successful tour of the UK and Europe this year already and have now been having fantastic shows over your side of the pond... too many fuckwitts are complaining about a gig being cancelled and they were'nt even going to it! WTF!

Get your fucking ass out of your lazy bastard chairs, go and get a fucking ticket and get to your nearest fucking show!! Shut the fuck up about Axl doesnt give a shit and the band are finished and its all over and wheres OUR album FFS!

Most of this generations fans havent even had the chance to ever see GnR..What do you want a fucking freak show?.. Is that what youve been waiting for?.. Will you only be satisfied when the band dismantles and you can say 'yeah I was fucking right Axl's a waste of time'!? Well fuck you man.. get a fucking life or a girlfriend or something, find something to fuck for gods sake man your acting like spoilt little shits! You wana complain?.. go and fucking listen to some shit thats on MTV dance base fuck whatever!

I dont give a shit.. I want the album as much as any of you guys, but some of you need to appreciate what you already got man! I saw them in the UK twice this year and they were better than when I saw them in 92 so be fucking greatful.. Axls kept this dream alive for you.. if it wasnt for him youd get diddly fuck all!

Edited by Rockworld

Axl has done nothing but alienate a depleting fan-base. It's been more than ten years and he has not achieved anything relevant in music. Truthfully, he should be thankful that even 500 people decided to show up to his nostalgic act..

He's nothing more than a bored millionaire looking for a hobby. At 44 years of age, he should act like a professional. By surrounding himself with sycophants, he allows his primadonna attitude to destroy any credibility this band might have had. Sporadic tours and false promises have amounted to nothing..

While I have consistently supported the idea of a reunion, I'm glad Slash and Duff got off this train wreck. It's been the same song and dance since 2001. Rather than blame the media, the internet, the fans, former members, fire marshals, Swedish police and Tommy Hilfiger.. Axl should look at himself..

Ego has been his downfall for years.. why should we expect anything different now?

-Kickingthehabit

I think your post was a bit too strong, but I have to agree with various points you brought up.

I sadly feel as though Axl actually detests the Internet fan base to some degree because of the stuff we talk about and bitch about, but he should be ecstatic that he still has such a wide fanbase after ten years. Look at other icons of his time - like Sebastian Bach. They died out fast. Seb doesn't have tons of Internet message boards devoted to him and rabid fans praising him all the time.

Axl has truthfully done very little for the fans who have remained loyal over the years. They fianlly got a website and now that's even been trivialized by the failure to deliver promised videos. They could have just said, "Sorry, we will have to delay the video premiere," but instead they just said "check back soon" after Tuesday and then a week later completely removed it.

It's taking advantage of us in my opinion.

And if he keeps it up it won't last longer, because a lot of people are beginning to become restless.

I don't agree with Kaneda that it's "the end" but this show could ultimately lower the public's confidence in the band and give them room to label Axl all those horrible names again. We no longer are able to say, "Well, this show is going great," because this sudden cancellation really pissed off a few thousand people.

Im sick to fuck with assoles complaining and bringing up all this doom and gloom bullshit!

One show was fucking cancelled! GnR have had a full successful tour of the UK and Europe this year already and have been having fantastic shows over your side of the pond... too many fuckwitts are complaining about a gig being cancelled and they were'nt even going to it! WTF!

Get your fucking ass out of your lazy bastard chairs, go and get a fucking ticket and get to your nearest fucking show!! Shut the fuck up about Axl doesnt give a shit and the band are finished and its all over and wheres OUR album FFS!

Most of this generations fans havent even had the chance to ever see GnR..What do you want a fucking freak show?.. Is that what youve been waiting for?.. Will you only be satisfied when the band dismantles and you can say 'yeah I was fucking right axls a waste of time'!? Well fuck you man.. get a fucking life or a girlfriend or something, find something to fuck for gods sake man you acting like spoilt little shits! You wana complain?.. go and fucking listen to some shit thats on MTV dance base fuck whatever!

I dont give a shit.. I want the album as much as any of you guys, but some of you need to appreciate what you already got man! I saw them in the UK twice this year and they were better than when I saw them in 92 so be fucking greatful.. Axls kept this dream alive for you.. if it wasnt for him youd get diddly fuck all!

I know, I know..

What you've to remember though is there are people still very upset that the original members besides Axl are still not in GNR, therefore everything that goes wrong in the world is all Axls fault.

Or, as dead flowers put it earlier today: "AXL HATES YOU ALL" ;)

Dude.. some people are to fucking stupid to be greatful and it pisses me off!

Actually not many people are getting hysterical about this.

The most annoying people are the die hard Axl-ites who defend his bahaviour and actually believe the shi$e put out in the press releases.

Truth is Axl is still not someone who likes to reward the fans or who cares about them losing out and being disappointed. He's let the side down yet again and there is no need for it.

Not the end of the world, but another annoying 'Axl moment' for us all to use to take our minds off the fact that the album is no nearer being relesed.

• 3 weeks later...
Haha, what a joke.

I'm pretty sure the fans would much rather see a show "not up to the high GN'R standards" (a.k.a. without Pyro) then no show show at all and those "extra rules" seem to go hand in hand with the rumours that they weren't allowed to bring booze on stage.

Ya your fucking cool Axl. Whiney little bitch. You sir, are a DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERFUCKER.

:fuckyou: