MSG has to be the show that we hear something...

johnptfunk

:book: this is a crucial time for the gnr community who actually still believes that this album will drop this year, i'm still on the fence myself. This is a mega venue for axl to let us know what direction he is going with this thing and whether or not another year is about to be history for this record. Axl loves NY, you would think that is he were to rant and speak about this record it would be there. i hope he says something very promising and reassures us fans that indeed it will be out this year. i hope before Nov. 24, becuase i got Club seats for the show in cleveland. can't wait!!!

anyways, what do you all think about my "newbie" theory, or the lack of, whatever.??!!..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the beautiful thing about Axl Rose, is that even after 20 years in the spotlight...no one still knows wtf is he going to do....you gotta give the dude some credit for that.

i personally think that this tour will finish off quietly....maybe another vague press release at best, and he is off again into his hiding spot....

as for the record?

highly doubt its coming out this year....would love to believe it....but highly unlikely.

:book: this is a crucial time for the gnr community who actually still believes that this album will drop this year, i'm still on the fence myself. This is a mega venue for axl to let us know what direction he is going with this thing and whether or not another year is about to be history for this record. Axl loves NY, you would think that is he were to rant and speak about this record it would be there. i hope he says something very promising and reassures us fans that indeed it will be out this year. i hope before Nov. 24, becuase i got Club seats for the show in cleveland. can't wait!!!

anyways, what do you all think about my "newbie" theory, or the lack of, whatever.??!!..

There seem to have been so many missed opportunities to announce but I agree that this would appear to be a big platform to tell the world that CD is coming. The heritage of the venue and Axl's love affair with the city are persuasive reasons.

I personally would like to see a leak force managements' hand, i.e. they know someone is gonna put it out and are therefore forced into making a proactive announcement.

Most of the official stuff or comments emanating from the band still points to this year, so I'm not going to believe 2007 unless they say otherwise.

the beautiful thing about Axl Rose, is that even after 20 years in the spotlight...no one still knows wtf is he going to do....you gotta give the dude some credit for that.

i personally think that this tour will finish off quietly....maybe another vague press release at best, and he is off again into his hiding spot....

as for the record?

highly doubt its coming out this year....would love to believe it....but highly unlikely.

20years in the spotlight??? :drevil:

I definitely think this is when Axl will make the announcement on the Chinese Democracy CD. For some of the reasons you already posted: because it's a giant venue and because it is so close to the time that Chinese Democracy is supposed to drop (ie before the end of this year). Plus, New York is a World city. Some consider it to be THE World city. So, this would be the perfect place to let the World know about the Chinese Democracy album.

Announcement: at MSG concert

Release date: November 21st.

I for the life of me don't know why you all put so much stock in this particular date.

Here is what I expect. Next to nothing. Axl hardly talks at concerts anymore. I expect him to say he loves NYC, he loves the fans there, and most of the same generic crap.

For all of those who think a release date is so imminent, I have to ask. Why is he not so much as even introducing the new songs to the people yet before they play them? Yet now, I'm supposed to believe simply because he is in NYC he will go 180 degrees with his approach and be all chatty??

Talk about your blind hope.

That's fine if you have it, but be honest enough to call it what it is.

Edited by D-GenerationX

to those goin to the gig during the concert at a quieter monet get a chant goin WE WANT THE ALBUM WHENS IT COMING get everyone around u to join in and youll pretty much have the whole place chanting it, then hed have to say something good idea???? or you think hed storm off in a huff

I doubt we'll ever see the album, he's scared shitless to release it because he knows, we know, the whole music world KNOWS that this album is going to Resurrect his career to where it was or kill him off completely.

Hell, does the album even exist? We've at least seen pictures of UFOs, Ghosts, BigFoot...

seriously soome folk off here must be going with their mates or having mets get something like that organised make him see what the fans really want.

Just get a big banner made saying "When's the album out?" or summat.

He might respond.... then again he might say "what album?"

LP

MSG would be ideal,

get world press coverege for it and all.

It really is now or never time for a release date if it's gonna come out this year,

To get the Christmas market it will have to be dropped in the next 3-4 weeks for,

no point releasin an album after dec 15th,

Its aswell to wait till next year if they gonna wait until then.

i dont think any announcements will be made, if he wanted to talk he would've done it already, he did say that new songs would be added as the tour progressed, and i'm pretty sure we'll hear prostitute or if the world for the first time (and by we i mean those of you who'll be there ;) )

i would like to think that if it were going to happen at any stage, an announcement at a concert venue, msg would be the one. Given the date, 10th of nov, a release date 3 weeks from then, end of november time, woudl make sense in that context.

But this is gnr, this is axl rose. Anything could happen.

One things for sure, all the noobs on the boards these days, that have suddenly appeared this year, quit with the negativity.

FACT: This is the first time in this whole saga that axl rose has said himself that the album is coming out this year.

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!!!

if it gets to december the 19th and we havent heard anything id be happy to conceed that it aint coming this year, but until then, id say anything, ........ anything is possible.

Don't think so

How would announcing at MSG help him at all? He could just as easily drop the date to Eddie Trunk or something and 5x as many people would hear it

Nothing's gonna be new for this show - They'll play a very inspired set, because they always get pumped up for NYC, but other than that, just keep on waiting

And Axl if you're reading this - Not gonna ask you to play any different songs ( Estranged ) at the Garden,

but Used To Love her would be cool -

i would like to think that if it were going to happen at any stage, an announcement at a concert venue, msg would be the one. Given the date, 10th of nov, a release date 3 weeks from then, end of november time, woudl make sense in that context.

But this is gnr, this is axl rose. Anything could happen.

FACT: This is the first time in this whole saga that axl rose has said himself that the album is coming out this year.

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!!!

if it gets to december the 19th and we havent heard anything id be happy to conceed that it aint coming this year, but until then, id say anything, ........ anything is possible.

I agree with the statement above, untill it's a definate no how can we say it wont be out this year?, sure its taken forever to come out but with every passing week surely it's more likely to come out, i have faith that it will come out this year, having said that im not expecting a statement from mr rose in msg, wouldn't a statement go against what merch said about one day you might walk into a record store.....

however rather than facing our attentions on apossible annoucement, how about thinking along the lines of gnr playing a new unheard song at msg instead?

For what it's worth, this is the venue that will result in reviews (many) that are read by more Americans than any show on the tour so far.

Rick James

at MSG you will hear a GnR set, might be the same set as the night before might not.

too many people on all the forums keep hyping things up and then go bitching when nothing happens.

we'll here something whenever axl wants us to hear something. and that doesn't have to be at any show at all.