MSG has to be the show that we hear something...

johnptfunk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you just gotta figure he is gonna change the setlist because he cant play the same basic setlist he was playing at hammerstein in may. I hope he plays some new songs.

I would hope that he would play some new songs, or maybe even talk about the album. I've not expecting it.

the beautiful thing about Axl Rose, is that even after 20 years in the spotlight...no one still knows wtf is he going to do....you gotta give the dude some credit for that.

i personally think that this tour will finish off quietly....maybe another vague press release at best, and he is off again into his hiding spot....

as for the record?

highly doubt its coming out this year....would love to believe it....but highly unlikely.

Its really easy to not have anyone know what the fuck you're gonna do, its called being completely unreasonable. Seems like Axl's way. This 10 year wait for an album is complete bullshit, and the songs don't sound like they've been 10 years in the making (they're not that good). Why won't he just announce a release date for the album? "it might just show up in record stores on a random tuesday..." what the fuck? There's a fine line between being unpredictable and just fucking retarded. There is no way to justify that, even if people say there is.

NY is a great city. I'm not a native NYer and have spent very little time there, but of any city in the US I chose to live in, NY would be close to the top of the list.

But I don't think it's THAT fucking special that Axl will wait till the MSG show and hand out Chi Dem CDs or a release date or whatever.

It'll be a regular show. Best case he might change the set list around a little.

No release date announcement.

No Chi Dem CDs on the merch table.

I think He will anounce it on Nov 20th in Halifax or maybe even the 21st (they day rumored to come out) in ST.Johns. Halifax sold out in 1 day and that city has a population of 800 thousand people. St. Johns even smaller. Also it would go against what every other major artist would do

I for the life of me don't know why you all put so much stock in this particular date.

Here is what I expect. Next to nothing. Axl hardly talks at concerts anymore. I expect him to say he loves NYC, he loves the fans there, and most of the same generic crap.

For all of those who think a release date is so imminent, I have to ask. Why is he not so much as even introducing the new songs to the people yet before they play them? Yet now, I'm supposed to believe simply because he is in NYC he will go 180 degrees with his approach and be all chatty??

Talk about your blind hope.

That's fine if you have it, but be honest enough to call it what it is.

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, however I will say one thing. If Axl is going to choose one venue to give us some news it will be MSG.

I think it's possible we may get something, if only because we are already well into November. If they still plan to release the album this year they will need to start promoting it soon.

Having said that, I'm not really expecting a release date. I think a new song is more likely but even that may not happen. We saw the setlist pic though...If the World and Prostitute were on there, which means that the band definitely has plans to play us some new material soon. If they didn't those songs would not be options.

But I don't think it's THAT fucking special that Axl will wait till the MSG show and hand out Chi Dem CDs or a release date or whatever.

I don't know if some people realize the connection Axl has with NYC.

MSG was the last venue he played in '02, and New York was the first city he chose to play in '06.

After the Hammerstein shows in May, GnR took out a full page ad in the Village Voice thanking New Yorkers for their support.....not sure if they did that after any other show since then.

Plus Axl has mentioned he would like to move here, don't think he's said that in any other city he's played in either.

So MAYBE NYC is THAT fucking special?

There will be 20,000 people there tonight hanging on his every word, so who knows...