RUMOUR: GN'R to promote CD on Nov 28th at Virgin Megastore

raspus

according to a poster at cd.com

First off, I'm not a huge fan but when googling Guns N' Roses board this came up and these posts look recent so I wanted to tip off some fans for something in the works they will love.

I work at the Virgin Megastore Chicago 'N. Michigan Ave.' and for the past few weeks the manager and some of our higher ups have been in a hush mode about some in-store we have to be ready for on Nov. 28th. Tonight some of us were told that it is confirmed and it will be the 'new' Guns N' Roses for the release of the new album that day. They also said Axl is more than likely not going to be here but 'everyone else', not sure what that means, will be to sign the new album. I know our manager is still pushing to have them do a performance but I think that would come down to Axl being there, no? I figure this will give you guys a heads up of a few days before it becomes major news.

What we were told so far:

-Lining up will only be allowed starting after 6am (this is a Chicago thing)

-First 500 people are the only ones 'guaranteed'

-One copy signed per person but they may purchase as many as they would like

-No other items will be signed

-No cameras or cellphone cameras will be allowed when nearing the band (this is a common rule that we impose for larger acts)

Judging by some of the posts on here you guys may call crap or whatever on my post but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

Edited by jack99

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, I'm going to be listening to a studio cut of The Blues in seventeen days.

Wow. I hope it's legit.

For what it's worth, I work at a record store and it's not listed at all on our upcoming listings, and isn't in the AllMusicGuide database, which is pretty much updated whenever an album is confirmed. But I'll keep my fingers crossed on this.

I can garuntee that there is no way there is a lineup in the triple digits for this.

Especially not at 6 am.

It's Axl Roses's, a guy who most kids couldn't point out in a GNR poster, supporting band... Not Usher.

Thank you da_pope. Guys - it's not 1991. I'm not saying Axl can't build it up again. I hope he does. But you're not gonna get that kind of response 3 weeks from now. Unless of course it's Usher. Who makes me want to puke by the way.

Edited by Ions

I don't think Chicago is the place for something like this... New York, they'd have a decent turnout... possibly 4-500 people... LA, probably the same. You don't do this in Chicago. I label it as false, but the record could drop that day.... eventhough I think DEC 19th is the most logical date.

Edited by BrianD

...but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

then he shouldn't have posted this all over the internet.

...but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

then he shouldn't have posted this all over the internet.

So this means that new information will officially be allowed by the end of next week? rock4

First off, I'm not a huge fan but when googling Guns N' Roses board this came up and these posts look recent so I wanted to tip off some fans for something in the works they will love.

LOL.

hey, maybe they'll go on Letterman the day after! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by OTHAFA

so i sjackamo gonna call this store up tomorrow to ask random qeustions about pittman ?

God I hope so. I hope he busts out the "Super funky techno beats" question. :rofl-lol:

elsewhere is the best thing to happen to the GNR community in 6 years. rock3

hahaha love the super funky techno beats question!!! 2nd to Pitman's pacman score :lol:

so it looks like the 28th is the date, someone at htgth is saying it quite firmly, like it's public knowledge now

LOL.

hey, maybe they'll go on Letterman the day after! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

LOL! With Slash!