HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm this sounds pretty credible. If other stores can confirm they are getting shipments, this could be awesome news.

what youd have to confirm is if other places are getting a supposed shipment of cds by a band called far downs which doesnt exist...

Well we have warehouse facilities which are used to supply CD's, DVD's etc(VAT Free) around to other HMV stores, we are recieving it first.

Word around the campfire is we will have to sign confidentiality agreements (lucky I haven't signed mine yet!) which has never happened before. This could well just be gossip circulating around management but hey we live in hope.

Word around the campfire is we will have to sign confidentiality agreements (lucky I haven't signed mine yet!) which has never happened before. This could well just be gossip circulating around management but hey we live in hope.

But how does it usually work, I mean don´t the stores have to order the albums to actually be recieving shipments or does this work automatically with big new releases and you have the same ammount every time? I only worked at a small record store and we always ordered what records we wanted to get in to the store. If that´s the case here then someone at HMV MUST know. Please enlighten me.

Edited by Lukinx

But how does it usually work, I mean don´t the stores have to order the albums to actually be recieving shipments or does this work automatically with big new releases and you have the same ammount every time? I only worked at a small record store and we always ordered what records we wanted to get in to the store. If that´s the case here then someone at HMV MUST know. Please enlighten me.

because its a large chain ...maybe there are priority orders that are filled where store management dont have a choice as to receive certain stock, a smaller music store may have more of a choice to say "yes" or "no"

Edited by motownjunkie

because its a large chain ...maybe there are priority orders that are filled where store management dont have a choice as to receive certain stock, a smaller music store may have more of a choice to say "yes" or "no"

exactly..

in a small record store, the owner well, is the owner so he orders how many albums he wants...

but each HMV individual store probably doesnt order however many albums they want.. thats probably up to those more higher up in the chain..

As its a large company then some records will be released regardless of whether the management want it to be or not. (If we had it our way half the crap peddled these days would be burnt before it even reached the shevles!)

could it be just because its near christmas?! ..maybe the shipments are increased for the festive season, bah who knows, im not taking this too seriously, but who knows

but the thing is, google the band name, and the album name. nothing comes up. (i was guessing he possibly accidently wrote "Greem" when he meant "Green") i googled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass", "Blue Tree and Greem Grass", "Blue Trees and Greem Grass", and all of the preceding with Green instead of Greem also, and nothing came up, at all.

I did a search for this and found Gomez, who are a British indie band.(rock3) My search was limited to a large Guernsey site.:)

But if you say there are confidentiality agreements involved then it's clearly not Gomez. They are not planning any major comeback. Mind you nor are Guns N' Roses in the mind(s) of most people.:)

well i don't see why people are waiting for tuesdays

albums come out in irlenad and some other european countries the friday before anyone else

even the really big releases ;)

so when i see CD some friday morning i'll let you know :)

christ that would be THIS friday, just imagine...... :blink:

albums come out in irlenad and some other european countries the friday before anyone else

wow! :shocked:

i'm taking the day off school then :xmasssanta: