All British HMV employees please read!

Guest Edward Rose

So what's the status on this rumour? I looked on wikipedia today and saw it was up there but i've been offline for the past seven hours, someone care to tell me what the fuck is going on? I'm well excited if this turns out to be it but if it's been proven false then i'll be really diappointed.

The truth is that no one still knows if this is true or just another fake post. Sorry dude, but we´re all in the dark on this one :)

I only work Saturdays at HMV, so I can't check until then to see if I can find anything out. Any other HMV employees able to shed some light earlier?

Which HMV do you work in ARQ?

Glasgow, Argyle St.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the status on this rumour? I looked on wikipedia today and saw it was up there but i've been offline for the past seven hours, someone care to tell me what the fuck is going on? I'm well excited if this turns out to be it but if it's been proven false then i'll be really diappointed.

The truth is that no one still knows if this is true or just another fake post. Sorry dude, but we´re all in the dark on this one :)

I only work Saturdays at HMV, so I can't check until then to see if I can find anything out. Any other HMV employees able to shed some light earlier?

Glasgow, Argyle St.

Is there any way that you can call one of the other employees before Saturday? rock1

If they are doing it in 2006, releasing it before Thanksgiving is the best business move. In the US the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year, and it is insane. Businesses go from in the red into the black on that one day. Hence 'black Friday'. If not then, just wait til 2007.

If they are doing it in 2006, releasing it before Thanksgiving is the best business move. In the US the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year, and it is insane. Businesses go from in the red into the black on that one day. Hence 'black Friday'. If not then, just wait til 2007.

Which date "Black Friday" is going to be this year?

Black Friday is still the day most businesses go into the black, but it's no longer the biggest shopping day. The Saturday before Christmas has become slightly more lucrative than Black Friday over the past few years, and the margin is widening slightly each year, although it's still relatively slim. Black Friday is still the big "traditional" day, however, albeit second in terms of actual sales.

/Mike

Glasgow, Argyle St.

Is there any way that you can call one of the other employees before Saturday? rock1

Meh, not really...also I figured on Saturday I can check on the computer system myself to see if it is there under this fake name, I can also see if it's in yet and how many copies, or how many are on order (Chinese Democracy says 18th December but discontinued by the way, my boss says this means it's probably not coming) and I could also ask my boss 'cause I know he'll be in on Saturday

Glasgow, Argyle St.

Hey, i was in there on saturday, bought three dvds for £20, not bad considering one cost £24 on its own :P

Glasgow, Argyle St.

Hey, i was in there on saturday, bought three dvds for £20, not bad considering one cost £24 on its own :P

:o

I was working last Saturday!

We probably walked right past each other without even knowing it :blink:

Glasgow, Argyle St.

:o

I was working last Saturday!

We probably walked right past each other without even knowing it :blink:

Quite possibly, lol you wouldn't recognise me but basically i spent most of my time in the "metal section and the DVD section as wel as my friend contemplating how to smuggle your "Batman" model away and put it in his room :P

EDIT: anyways yeah ARQ would be a good person to get to ask about it cos argyle street's a pretty big HMV and that's just the shop, no idea how big the stores are :P

Edited by Graeme

Ok..as we all know by now,the HMV story (that the topic of this thread is based on) was apparantly false.

Seeing as this thread is straying from GnR discussion or news...let's consider the matter closed.