AXL ROSE Throws Eagles of Death Metal Off GUNS N' ROSES Tour?

Carne_asaDA

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL appear to have been removed from the GUNS N' ROSES tour after only one show

due to an overwhelmingly poor reception the band got from the GN'R audience during EAGLES' tour opener.

According to several fans who attended last night's (Nov. 24) GUNS N' ROSES concert at Quicken Loans

Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (also featuring SEBASTIAN BACH and SUICIDE GIRLS), people were booing

throughout EAGLES' hour-long set, with some of the GN'R fans calling the group's performance "horrid at

best" and describing the band's music as "pretty fucking lame," with a repertoire of songs that sound "almost

the same." GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose apparently agreed with his fans, because a few songs into

GNR's set he reportedly said something to the effect of, "So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL?

Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us."

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL released its second album, "Death By Sexy", earlier this year. The CD features

appearances by Mark Lanegan and QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo, while DISTILLERS

frontwoman Brody Dalle (QOTSA frontman Josh Homme's girlfriend) and singer Wendy Ray added backing

vocals on several tracks.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=62746

Edited by da_illest_in_402

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did and I find it to be a total lack of class on Axl's part. I dont care if him OR the fans didnt like them, he should have a little more respect for a band opening for them. And the fans are fucking asshole's for booing them like that.

Axl should worry more about why he cant get a decent soundman rather than picking on some opening band, really shitty thing to do Axl.

I can garauntee if that band had said something like "you guys ready to see Guns N Posers??" This board would explode saying how fucked up it is.

He did and I find it to be a total lack of class on Axl's part. I dont care if him OR the fans didnt like them, he should have a little more respect for a band opening for them. And the fans are fucking asshole's for booing them like that.

Axl should worry more about why he cant get a decent soundman rather than picking on some opening band, really shitty thing to do Axl.

I can garauntee if that band had said something like "you guys ready to see Guns N Posers??" This board would explode saying how fucked up it is.

Dude I agree with you 100%. But I just thought that his comments were funny.

Dude I agree with you 100%. But I just thought that his comments were funny.

Its cool, I wasnt really directing that post towards you.

This just really bothered me that he would stoop to this level, shit talking a band that was asked to join the tour. Axl has been so great touring this year, has really surprised me with how cool he has been handling most situations, and then he goes and does this.

I just hope that something went on behind the scenes that we dont know about, because if he only did it because the crowd boo'd or because he thought they were a shitty band, then that's really low.

The fans cant be wrong.....they sound like a third rate garage band to me! :lol:

I agree, i dont think he's so desparet for the audience to like him so why say that..

I think canceling them would have been enough.

The fans cant be wrong.....they sound like a third rate garage band to me! :lol:

Regardless, there were people there who wanted to see them.

I have never understood booing an opening act just because you dont like them. Why ruin it for people who actually WERE there to enjoy them?? How the fuck would you feel if you were trying to watch GNR and you had some assholes in your ear the entire time saying "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" "Axl you suck" "get off the stage you loser"...the entire time you were watching the show, you would be more than a little pissed.

If you dont like the opening band go have a beer, go get some fresh air, dont fucking ruin it for the people that were there trying to enjoy them.

To people who dont know, they're suppose to sound like a third rate garage band. Hell they're a side project. It's Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme's side project. I mean there is talent in the band but it's the whole concept to be a garage band. If anyone knows anything about Josh Homme, the guy is talented as hell.