Will CD be out by the end of 2006?

2005 is the year of Guns n' Roses - Merck

how come be has to have a finger pointed at him for making such a statement? For all we know, it could have been totally true. There's many ways to disect that one... many people bought greatest hits in 2005... many gn'r licensing deals for merch were signed in 2005... the first IRS leak was in 2005.... most of us here on this board were raving about it.......................... perhaps 2005 was the year of guns n' roses..... with 2006 having been even bigger.... and 2007 being something we've never seen before....

i don't consider merck mercuriadis a liar or a "yes man" at all.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to accept the fact that it won't be this year as well. I know some people are still saying the 19th, but I just don't know how successful the album will be if it's released with little to no promotion at all. I'm sure with how much money has been put into this album, the record label's going to make sure to promote it efficiently in order to get their money's worth.

This is a little off topic, but isn't amazing how drastically this board's attitude has changed in just the last month? I mean in October/November all of the threads on the front page were saying how great the tour was doing, how Rolling Stone was talking about Axl playing the album, how Bach had described the album, and how optimistic virtually everyone was on this board that we would finally get the mythical Chinese Democracy before the end of this year. I had never really seen this board that excited for as long as I've been a member. But now, we're in December and the attitude on this board is basically the polar opposite from what it was just a month ago. Now I see the front page covered in stories about the Eagles of Death Metal saying how terrible Axl is and how the entire band is falling apart. There's also been numerous rumors about "surprise" releases nearly every Tuesday from people working in record stores or DJ's on the radio. Before these kind of rumors would raise everybody's spirits, only to crush them brutally when the rumored date has come and passed. Now everyone of these rumors are discarded as bullshit, which is the case nearly every time. Everybody's tired of all of the rumors flying around and tired of being lied to constantly. We're all afraid to believe anything, and rightfully so. I think this board's frustration is finally starting to show as the end of the year is approaching. Some sort of argument seems to break out in nearly every thread. People are angry about the ongoing silence from the band and management regarding the album. There's been several topics reporting a sense that something is wrong behind the scenes. Once again, it's just been mind-blowing how much this board has changed. I'm not trying to be negative or anything like that, I just kind of reflecting back on the last couple of months. Now, I guess we just have to wait and see what this final month has to offer us.

You know, I think you're right. For several months we believed it was coming this year, but now we know it's not. It's a real dissapointment to everybody. And with cancelling shows, bad press against axl from the pigeons, it's been a pretty negative week.

once cancelled show in 8 months, and the rest were well reviewed. wrong .

your kidding yourself if you think its coming out this month ....not in this day and age, perhaps back in the era of the "vinyl" when leaks werent a prominent pre-cursor to an album coming out, the shipment orders would have exposed it by now also, releases for (january to march) next year are already well known of.

NOT THIS YEAR ....another bullshit year from Axl

I'm still sticking to my guns, so I still support them.

That being said, if it was this year we would of had a release date. Someone, please tell me a band that hasn't released an album under a month without a release date? 4 Tuesdays left, they're not going to release it in the last due, being close to xmas. The next two is just not possible.

These need to be printed and shipped over the world, with this album being well known enough, the word would have dropped out already if the album was in these stages.

The one thing I will be mad about, if it is not this year and we hear nothing from Merck. He said it was this year and the 13 tuesdays. Although, Axl said it, I believe Merck would control the actual paperwork and detail of the album with universal.

I can accept it not coming out this year, I can't except not knowing the reason why. If Merck chooses to ignore us, then that makes him a lier. We only need an explination.

He is only a liar if he didnt mean to release it by the end of the year. If something unforseeable happened, then he was just wrong. BIG DIFFERENCE.

You guys who are so quick to judge just dont know the story. If they were planning on it, and shit went wrong (dont wanna guess what cause I dont know any more than anyone else about record producing than everyone else does, though some pretend to know) then that is just a problem. Problems happen, liars are INTENTIONAL.

I just have a hard time believeing they lied simpy because there is no reason to. There is no advantage gained by saying it would come out by the end of the year. Everyone was gonna go to the shows anyway. (see forums) He could have said 2007 March and they would tour till then and nothing would have come from it. So why didnt he? Because he wanted to lie? No, cause they fucked something up thats why. And since noone else on this forum ever fucked anything up before, then they just bitch.

Well I fucked up alot of shit, so I get it, and I dont think he lied, Merck and Axl are human. Thats just my opinion, now let the unwarranted bashing begin.....again.

You would have an argument there, if he had given a reason. Regardless of what the problem is, I think we deserve to know whats going on... The people at these shows, shelling out money left and right, buying up all the gn'r merch from past and present have a right to know... regardless of weither it's Axl holding it back, Merk holding it back, or anybody/thing else, we have a right to know. Asfor onboard or fuck off, looking at the number's of people that don;t give a shit, I think most have taken the fuck off approach and don't care. A liar is someone who lies.. if the government came out and said "the fbi shot JFK.. we didnt mean to cover it up.. it just kinda happened".. they're still liars.. if I promise to give you a million dollars for whatever reason, and I get mine and you dont get mine.. that makes me a liar.. even if I meant to give it to you, then decided not to, due to whatever reason... you have a right to know why you havent gotten your money and what the fucks goin on... and thats what is happening to us... you say they ahve no reaosn to lie? I explained it to you... it's all about money.. come out, do some shows, get up some hype about it all, get everybody who still cares excited, get us to the shows, sell us some new merch., open a new fanclub, do some interveiws, get paid, cancle the tour and go in hiding again... 2with all the law suites filed against him, and other BS, i'm sure he could use some extra cash... and notice, all he played was rihad, The Blues, Chinese democracy and madagascar in '02, now all teh sudden, there's a couple of "leaks", that he just happened to start playin on the new tour? I think he was doin nothin, realised he's goin broke if not already, and so here we are... like I said, we're nothing but anothe rdollar in his pocket and thats all he cares about

CHINESE DEMOCRACY is OUT this year!!!!

Ill eat a womans underwear if im wrong! :anger:

:rofl-lol:

Dude, you're so naive, I nearly feel sorry for you.

well see who gets the last laugh ;)

Damn, I really cant WAIT to laugh all you in the face....

Im gonna make one topic each day, reminding you that you were wrong when you gave upp.

Im gonna make one topic each day, reminding you that you were wrong when you gave upp.

:rofl-lol: damn i'd like to see that

Edited by ssiscool

Even IF it happens that way, he'll get banned for constant spamming then, so I'll have the last laugh anyway! :)

Even IF it happens that way, he'll get banned for constant spamming then, so I'll have the last laugh anyway! :)

but you wil still regret that you eve doubted on Axl!

Funny thing is people who doubt em now are gonna say "yeah, I ALLWAYS knew CD would come out this year"............

but you wil still regret that you eve doubted on Axl!

Funny thing is people who doubt em now are gonna say "yeah, I ALLWAYS knew CD would come out this year"............

I won't say that. I'll say, that it's a miracle IF we get CD this year, but hey, in the end I'll be happy about it, and I guess that's all that matters.

Well he said late fall this year (2007),and here we are with no album and no signs of it coming out in the near future either.Typical.I still don't see how come it takes 15 years to make an album.Oh well...

For the record,I'm not new here.I've just changed my username.

obviously there is no release this year and up until march next year most release dates are already out and known, its not coming out this year ....so a glimmer of hope that mid to late 2007 next year there may be a release of chinese democracy all going well, i think they made a mistake touring without any release, not sure what the logic was, perhaps they wanted to just tour to get that "gang" mentality back before they commit to a release of any kind to restore faith that new GNR is still relevant.

obviously there is no release this year and up until march next year most release dates are already out and known, its not coming out this year ....so a glimmer of hope that mid to late 2007 next year there may be a release of chinese democracy all going well, i think they made a mistake touring without any release, not sure what the logic was, perhaps they wanted to just tour to get that "gang" mentality back before they commit to a release of any kind to restore faith that new GNR is still relevant.

Jesus... did I drink so much last night that I slept the entire month of December away? Is it January 1st already?

OH RIGHT your an idiot to think its coming out anytime this month, sorry but Universal already ruled it out if you were paying attention to the news, record shipment details would have been signed sealed and delivered ages ago .....stop being so clueless already

Edited by motownjunkie

Jesus... did I drink so much last night that I slept the entire month of December away? Is it January 1st already?

Nope, still December 3rd. ;)

he acts like hes trying to conquer the fuckin world, its just a cd-release it or shut-up about it.
...what?

He doesn't even mention the album by name...hell, he doesn't even mention it at all anymore. Please tell me how 'he acts like hes trying to conquer the fuckin world', because I really dont understand :unsure:

honestly who gives a shit anymore, Axl sure doesnt! another post was right, he acts like hes trying to conquer the fuckin world, its just a cd-release it or shut-up about it.

actually to me he acts like a rock star on a somewhat successful tour. I dont remember him saying anything about conquering the world, that is just you making something up like the rest of the 'negs' on this forum.

and I saw axl live this year, he really looks like he gives a shit, I think you will have a hard time proving he doesnt.

Edited by Gunzen