Axl walk-off last night (Portland show, Dec 11th)

Towserhead

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 12 2006, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jesus there could be something worth talking about here???...

Yeah i just read it in the "upcoming concerts" pages.

Apparently he mentioned the "forthcoming album" last night too!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 12 2006, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Where was the show last night? Surely if it was important someone would have said it here?...

One a side note, do the band break up for christmas?...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 12 2006, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Seriously? ;o That's a very good sign :)

:huh: Sooo, that can`t be any good... if he just walks off... Damn i love this band :wub:

Where was the show last night? Surely if it was important someone would have said it here?...

One a side note, do the band break up for christmas?...

The show was in Portland OR and yes, they have a 3 week break over xmas and new year

:huh: Sooo, that can`t be any good... if he just walks off... Damn i love this band :wub:

In fairness, they are the most interesting band ever. I would love to read a book written by axl, just to hear what really happened...

In fairness, they are the most interesting band ever. I would love to read a book written by axl, just to hear what really happened...

Um.. yea, but can you imagine how many years he will take to do a book :scared:

Um.. yea, but can you imagine how many years he will take to do a book :scared:

ROFL priceless. You never know, maybe thats what the big hold up is, he is putting finishing touches on the book...

Some people paid money to see a full show.Oh well.

FFS, Axl/GN'R is not obligated to perform Paradise City in any show.

Takeshi, "I know we're not supposed to talk about it, but that was a song from our forthcoming album."

(with a grin on his face, after Better).

IMO, this could mean two things 1) he was taking a shot to the whole internet-speculation/-crying "he never mentions the album" or 2) CDs tracklist has been finished.

Edited by Wando

Does anyone know what he actually said about the album?

After Better Axl said:"I know we're not supposed to talk about it, but that was a song from our forthcoming album."

That's what I have a problem with, if even Axl can't talk about it.. who can?

Edited by Montrealer

Three reasons come to mind as to the quote:

-New Fans - We've all heard how the new songs have been generally greeted with a lukewarm reception at best, with perhaps the majority of the audience having never heard them before. It's an introduction from Axl to a new song, basically.

-A Shot At The Internet - With everything gone quiet on the album front and it looking increasingly unlikely that there will be no release this year, Axl may just be trying to stir things up again and take a shot at the recent forum 'strike' on a GNR fansite by mentioning the album.

-Promotion for the album? - No 'Paradise City' meant that Axl finished the set with a song from the new album. The mention of the album also indicates that a release is still on the cards for the near future.

Either way, it's a pretty interesting development.