An open Letter from Axl Rose

dobadog

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the contents of his 'letter to the fans' is a glaring indication of the root problem involving the entire Guns N Roses 'Saga', start to finish. From the problems with the original band, his problems with the women in his life to the problems with the CD release and everything in between.

He's fuckin full of himself.

Its a CD release from a rock N Roll band for crying out loud.

theres people starving in the world with no place to sleep at night and he's writing a detailed 'letter' to his fans like he's explaining the second coming.

We all want to hear his music, we all wanted the original lineup to stay together too.

Axl, told us and the original band to go fuck ourselves a long time ago.

Its all about him. And thats fine, I could give a rats ass about Axl, or his happiness. he's not a nice person and not the kind of person I would hang out with.

BUT

He is the man when it comes to rock n roll, I went to his concerts, and I will buy his CD.

Put he CD out in March or put the Cd up your ass. Its all good.

Dont go grovelling over him like he's the King of England. It encourages him.

JMO

It IS nice to finally hear something from Axl, but why feel the need to thank him? For actually acknowledging his fans? For blaming the record company, legal problems and management for the delay of the album? Notice how it's everyone else's fault except his once again.

Like I said, it's great that he is actually speaking to the fans, but I'm not going to thank him for that. Thank you Axl for speaking to us???? Pfffttt.

Fuck you more like!

I'm sick to death of it! The album obviously sucks! If he was happy with it, i.e if it was any good we'd have it!

I have no faith left in this guy! Even Merck's basically saying Axl's full of shit!

If the demo's are anything to go by we ain't gonna be missing much!

Edit: I'm posting this here, the last thread I wrote it in, seems to be dying a death.

To be honest, I'm pretty much more pissed off than before, considering the following:

- Merck points out that there was at most 3 days needed for finishing touches.

- Its taken them a year to put down these finishing touches.

- They are now cancelling tour dates for these finishing touches.

- We get told that there were finaincial difficulties, which kind of confirms what many have said that this tour was nothing but a money spinner. considering the album was not finished before hand.

- The very fact that theres still recording to be done, after this long, is also incredible.

- The release date, which is already way off in March, is neither promised nor garraunteed, it is subject to change, so really it means nothing, like the money spinning tour, like the comments about Autumn Releases, like everything we have been told so far.

- I see this whole thing as a cynical exercise in publicity, they need money, they say theres a release iminent to advertise a tour to generate money, when fans react to the lack of release, they put out some press release saying "sorry more work to be done, its Merck's fault for blabbing too much" (shades of the buckethead release years before).

- The cycles continues, I no longer believe this album will come out.

Merck is history!

He had that coming!

Buahahahahahahaha!

I'm glad about Axl's letter. Finally something. I read the letter too quicky that I didn't even understand it. I was so excited. It won't be out this year. I guess we had that coming too.

So, now we wait. Again. But this time that won't be a problem since Axl said something about the matter.

Chinese democracy starts...in March... :P

No album.....How many of you people are going to still be following Axl like a lamb..I am guessing the majority.............Cuz then there may be another announcement sayign Memorial Day and everyone will be screaming for joy..........Lets not get ahead of ourselves...Axl told Trunk in the fall....now its march.....dont be surprised if it gets delayed yet again

Main Entry: ten·ta·tive

Pronunciation: 'ten-t&-tiv

Function: adjective

Etymology: Medieval Latin tentativus, from Latin tentatus, past participle of tentare, temptare to feel, try

1 : not fully worked out or developed <tentative plans>

2 : HESITANT, UNCERTAIN <a tentative smile>

- tentative noun

- ten·ta·tive·ly adverb

- ten·ta·tive·ness noun

March 6th should NOT come around without news. We should have a FIRM release date before then, but March 6th is what they're shooting for obviously.

No album.....How many of you people are going to still be following Axl like a lamb..I am guessing the majority.............Cuz then there may be another announcement sayign Memorial Day and everyone will be screaming for joy..........Lets not get ahead of ourselves...Axl told Trunk in the fall....now its march.....dont be surprised if it gets delayed yet again

Some people will always find excuses to Axl. The facts are that the album hasn't been completed yet and contrary to what has been said some weeks ago, the album won't be released in 2006.

All the rest (including March 6th) is speculation.

Edited by Axingn'r