An Open Letter From Merck

madison

I was starting to have sympathy for the guy and thought this was a very mature and proffesional letter from him.

But when the slamming of the old band came into play, well he can just go fuck himself!

To Merck: :fuckyou:

Ditto.

Just as I was thinking he might not be a total cunt, he goes and says something like that.

Can't stand him, glad that he's fucked off.

I was never against Merck and I really don't understand why most of the fans blame just him for the GNR situation.

At least from my point of view he's showing superiority in his reply to Axl's letter, as he's not expressing anger on the contrary he's showing respect to Axl. Might be fake and just a strategy but that's clever of him.

I really doubt it that the album will come out on March, no matter what has been stated until today. I believe that we might get a single but not the full album.

What I get through both letters is that now everyone realises the true negative effects of the delay and noone can handle the pressure due to everybody's high expectations on the chinese democracy album.

It's like the band is in a vicious circle and doesn't know how to break free from that.

I always thought that Merck was a little bit of a jerk but after reading this my opinion of him has changed. He seems like a real class act! It's to bad that he won't be there "officially" when Chinese Democracy is Finally released in March 2007.

Congratulations on all your hard work finally coming to fruition in March Merk, Axl & GN'R.

:)

big deal. he worked with the new band and STILL fully supports them and is just showing it here.

honestly you people will jump on any whore of an excuse to complain.

Are you really that bad at comprehension? I'm not slamming him for supporting the new band, but its unprofessional and unneccessary to even mention the old band.

are YOU that bad at comprehension?

he is no longer the manager of guns n roses. he just gave a personal opinion which any of us are entitled to do. not professional? again, he is no longer the manager of guns n roses.

yeah it's unneccessary but so is you or me writing on this forum but we still do. everyone is entitled to give an opinion.

so he mentioned the old band, since when did this become something that nobody can mention?

is everyone not a little bit over sensitive about this?

GET OVER IT.

A "muse" is a mythical female inspirational character. All artists are inspired by a muse. A muse can technically be anything that inspires someone, but it's symbolically represented by a female.

When Merck says "the muse did not show up" he is saying that on the dates Axl was supposed to get the work done, he was unable to actually work. He was uninspired. Lots of artists say "My muse has left me for now..." That means they can't do jack shit until their inspiration comes back. :)

Axl hasn't completed the album... And nevertheless Axl accepted to go on tour...

Is it Merck's fault ? NO !

Edited by Axingn'r

the new Guns N' Roses (which kicks the shit out of the old)

This was not called for, at all on any level...

If he believes that it's his perogative. Unless you think the new band sucks it's nowhere near slamming the old band. It may be uncalled for or unecessary, but it's in no way slamming anybody.

its quite obviously a slam, the term "kicks the shit out of" is excesive, i.e that old band are nowhere near as good, which is quite obviously a complete lie.

I was starting to have sympathy for the guy and thought this was a very mature and proffesional letter from him.

But when the slamming of the old band came into play, well he can just go fuck himself!

It was unnecessary, indeed....

But hey, it's only Merck... He said a lot worse stuff than this, right Charlie? :rofl-lol:

It was unnecessary, indeed....

But hey, it's only Merck... He said a lot worse stuff than this, right Charlie? :rofl-lol:

Right you are Mr Mango! ;)

big deal. he worked with the new band and STILL fully supports them and is just showing it here.

honestly you people will jump on any whore of an excuse to complain.

Are you really that bad at comprehension? I'm not slamming him for supporting the new band, but its unprofessional and unneccessary to even mention the old band.

are YOU that bad at comprehension?

he is no longer the manager of guns n roses. he just gave a personal opinion which any of us are entitled to do. not professional? again, he is no longer the manager of guns n roses.

yeah it's unneccessary but so is you or me writing on this forum but we still do. everyone is entitled to give an opinion.

so he mentioned the old band, since when did this become something that nobody can mention?

is everyone not a little bit over sensitive about this?

GET OVER IT.

So what if he isn't the manager anymore? It was a potshot at the band who was ultimately responsible for him ever having the job to begin with. If it wasn't for the fact that the old band created a legacy, no one would have given a shit about Axl and his "new" GNR. Its not about him "mentioning" the old band, but its the fact that he insulted the only version of the band that actually has any accomplishments!

Before that, I always felt bad for Merck, but now I'm glad he's gone.

How does he slam the old band?

This was not called for, at all on any level...

Not cool. :no:

I agree; it was unneccessary, and unprofessional.

And a lie.

Dave-gnr was right : Axl didn't write the letter.

Mr Manson I agree with you 100% - Merck was truly out of order with this statement - An official statement that basically slags off the original lineup is out of order and unnecessary... There was truly no need for this!

As for you, Axingn'r, do you ever do anything but be negative, criticise and fucking MOAN about Axl?? FFS knock it off! There's no need for it! We wanted information, we got it! Does it matter that the letter started as a draft by his manager? NO! It matters that he then edited it to his liking and got the damn thing published for us to see!

KK x

Axl now gave us a date...this is last chance. Great to hear the cd will kick ass. Hopefully it won't leak out before the date after all of this, we want a proper send off don't we?

It sucks, but the album will definatley leak. Once the album begins to get manufactured, someone will leak it, Unless they do something like they did for the employees who printed the harry potter books.

they're not allowed to talk about this one HereTodayGoneToCensorship....

Everybody is talking about it except them. These guys on htgth are definitely on another planet.

As for Merck saying that nugnr is better than gnr and CD being the best record ever made, it is probable that Merck is expecting some personal benefit (stated in his contract with Axl) if CD sells well... ;)

It is in his interest not to bash Axl excessively.... It would be a pity if the goods were wasted before reaching the customers ! B)

Edited by Axingn'r

So Merck has finally given up on this fucking disaster, i would like to thank Merck, he has kept this band alive along with fans when they could have been burried years ago.

Axl Rose has once again found a reason to delay what appears to be a mythical album, got to love Axl, he makes no appologies for bending people over and doing them dry.Its just his way.

Could somebody sum up all those letters for me, i can't be arsed, just as i can't be arsed with the lies any more.

they're not allowed to talk about this one HereTodayGoneToCensorship....

Everybody is talking about it except them. These guys on htgth are definitely on another planet.

As for Merck saying that nugnr is better than gnr and CD being the best record ever made, it is probable that Merck is expecting some personal benefit (stated in his contract with Axl) if CD sells well...

Its like the soviet union over there at HTGH!

So Basically:

Axl blames Merck.

Merck blames the Muse.

The Fans blame ???

Personally, I think it is best this way. Don't rush perfection. I know what you are gonna say, 10 years isn't rushed. But logically from what we've heard, the last year is when they have really started to get serious about writing and recording.