Hotel Goes After Rocker, Wife (after Weilands trash hotel room)

madison

DATE: March 26, 2007

SOURCE: Newsday and TMZ.com

From Newsday:

NEWS

Hotel goes after rocker, wife

26 March 2007

Newsday

A11

Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland and his wife trashed a Burbank hotel room during a rock star-caliber rampage last weekend, and now the hotel is pressing charges against the Weilands for the damage they caused, TMZ.com reports.

Sources tell TMZ that Weiland and his wife Mary ripped alarm clocks and phones from their sockets and threw them, made "dents and gauges" in the walls, and that there was even blood found on some of the linens afterward. (A picture taken at the scene shows a note attached to a trash bag that says, in Spanish, "with blood.")

The trouble started when Mary Weiland arrived at the hotel Saturday, whereupon the couple got into "a huge argument" witnessed by their two young children, who had to be taken away by Scott Weiland's assistant. Weiland himself then left, leaving behind his wife, who could be heard throwing things in the room. The police were called, and the hotel is pressing charges for the damage caused. There's no word whether either Weiland or his wife were injured in the spat.

Scott Weiland pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges against Mary in December 2001 and was sentenced to probation and forced to pay a fine.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music...0,1548845.story

From TMZ.com:

http://www.tmz.com/search/?q=weiland&b...;btnSearch.y=18

Related Forum discussion:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=92074

SOURCE: velvetrevolver.com

Scott Weiland responds to the article on Velvet Revolver's site:

My wife locked herself in the adjoining room when that damage was done. I want to make it clear that I called security when I heard the glass being broken from next door. Security was unable to enter until she let them in. I sent my children off to a safe place with my assistant (who witnessed all of the events of the evening, until my wife locked herself in the room), and I left the hotel in order to avoid conflict with my wife.

-Scott

http://www.velvetrevolver.com/wp/?p=10

UPDATE:

SOURCE: Blabbermouth/TMZ.com

SCOTT WEILAND's Wife Arrested for Torching Wardrobe - Mar. 26, 2007

TMZ.com reports that the wife of VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland was arrested this weekend after cops say she torched the rocker's $10,000 wardrobe in front of the couple's home in Toluca Lake, Ca.

According to police, 31-year-old Mary Weiland was booked for investigation of felony arson vandalism after cops responded to a "female burning clothes" call late Saturday evening.

The couple's two kids, who were home during the incident, were placed in the custody of family friends.

Weiland was booked at a Burbank police station just after midnight Sunday morning and was released after posting $50,000 bail three hours later.

The arrest came only hours after the couple was kicked out of the Graciela Hotel in Burbank following a ferocious argument that left Weiland's room in shambles and blood on the linens, as TMZ.com exclusively reported. The hotel is pressing charges against the Weilands for the damage they caused.

TMZ story:

Scott Weiland's Wife Arrested for Torching Wardrobe

Posted Mar 26th 2007 2:43PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice

The wife of Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland was arrested this weekend after cops say she torched the rocker's $10,000 wardrobe in front of the couple's home in Toluca Lake, Ca.

According to police, 31-year-old Mary Weiland was booked for investigation of felony arson vandalism after cops responded to a "female burning clothes" call late Saturday evening.

The couple's two kids were placed in the custody of family friends.

Weiland was booked at a Burbank police station just after midnight Sunday morning and was released after posting $50,000 bail three hours later.

The arrest came only hours after the couple was kicked out of the Graciela Hotel in Burbank following a ferocious argument that left Weiland's room in shambles and blood on the linens, as TMZ exclusively reported. The hotel is pressing charges against the Weilands for the damage they caused.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/26/scott-weilan...lothes-on-fire/

DATE: March 28, 2007

SOURCE: Associated Press

Weiland's Wife Blames Rage on Disorder

28 March 2007

Associated Press Newswires

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Scott Weiland's wife said an imbalance of medications for bipolar disorder caused rowdy behavior that left hotel rooms trashed and led to her arrest for allegedly torching the Velvet Revolver rocker's clothes.

Burbank police said the couple argued Saturday afternoon at the luxury Graciela Hotel, leaving two rooms damaged. Mary Weiland was later arrested for allegedly burning her husband's clothes outside their Toluca Lake home, investigators said.

"The weekend's difficulties were brought on by a reaction to an imbalance in medications used to treat my bipolar disorder," she said in a statement released Tuesday by the couple's spokeswoman, Bryn Bridenthal.

"Reports that we were fighting at the Graciela Hotel are untrue," she said. "Scott was simply trying to help me calm down. I want to make it very clear that he did not hurt me in any way."

"For lack of a better expression, I was unstable and just lost it," she said.

Weiland, 31, was booked for investigation of felony arson vandalism after officers responding to a "female burning clothes" call Saturday night found a trash can full of smoldering clothes, Sgt. Mathew Ferguson said.

The 39-year-old rocker told police his wardrobe was worth $10,000.

"After nearly seven years of marriage I am truly grateful to have a loving husband, drug-free for 3 1/2 years now, who is able to care for me during this challenging time," Weiland said in her statement.

Prosecutors haven't filed arson vandalism charges, the district attorney's office said Wednesday. Police said it would be up to Graciela Hotel officials, who have declined comment, to press for a vandalism prosecution.

Mary Weiland said apologies and payment for damages had been made.

"Payment for the damages to the Graciela Hotel has already been made. The gracious staff and management have accepted our apologies and welcome us back in the future," she said.

Earlier version:

Rocker Scott Weiland's wife says bipolar disorder led to her outburst

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Scott Weiland's wife blamed a medication imbalance for her rowdy behavior that left California hotel rooms damaged and led to her arrest for allegedly burning the Velvet Revolver rocker's clothes.

Police said Scott and Mary Weiland argued Saturday afternoon at the luxury Graciela Hotel, leaving two rooms damaged. She was later arrested for allegedly burning his clothes outside their home.

"The weekend's difficulties were brought on by a reaction to an imbalance in medications used to treat my bipolar disorder," Mary Weiland said in a statement released Tuesday by the couple's spokeswoman, Bryn Bridenthal.

"Reports that we were fighting at the Graciela Hotel are untrue," Mary Weiland continued. "Scott was simply trying to help me calm down. I want to make it very clear that he did not hurt me in any way.

"For lack of a better expression, I was unstable and just 'lost it.'"

Bipolar disorder, sometimes called manic depression, is a cyclical illness in which moods fluctuate between extreme happiness and frantic activity and profound depression.

Mary Weiland, 31, was booked for investigation of felony arson vandalism, Sgt. Mathew Ferguson said. Weiland, 39, told police the wardrobe was worth $10,000 (euro7,491).

In her statement, Mary Weiland said: "After nearly seven years of marriage I am truly grateful to have a loving husband, drug-free for 3 1/2 years now, who is able to care for me during this challenging time."

Prosecutors have not filed arson vandalism charges so far, the district attorney's office said Wednesday. Police said it would be up to hotel officials, who have declined comment, to press for a vandalism prosecution.

"Both rooms had damage and items scattered, broken plates and things. It was looking definitely like items were deliberately destroyed," Ferguson said.

In her statement, Mary Weiland said apologies and payment for damages have been made.