Who Should Play Axl in the N.W.A. Movie?

John Bonham

New Line’s N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton finally has a writer.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Andrea Berloff (World Trade Center) will script the rise and fall of the gangsta rap crew.

Producers include Ice Cube and the widow of the late Eazy-E.

No casting for this film has been announced yet, so what actors do you think they should hire?

I think Ice Cube should definitely play himself, but who do you think they should cast as Axl Rose?

New Line’s N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton finally has a writer.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Andrea Berloff (World Trade Center) will script the rise and fall of the gangsta rap crew.

Producers include Ice Cube and the widow of the late Eazy-E.

No casting for this film has been announced yet, so what actors do you think they should hire?

I think Ice Cube should definitely play himself, but who do you think they should cast as Axl Rose?

No offense to anyone, but they hire a girl to write NWA's biopic?

Ice Cube is getting a little old to be playing himself from over twenty years ago. And why would Axl even be in the movie? I know he was a fan, but are we really that narcissistic about the importance of Axl Rose to NWA?

They like to have different celebrity cameos in these biopics.

Like the Andy Warhol character in The Doors film.

Dude, there is no way they even make a reference to Axl in this movie.

BTW- Im sure that Eazy-E's son will play Eazy-E.

I bet they would, and will.

It signifies NWA's crossover acceptance who better to use than the biggest rock star in the world at that time.

I've seen Dr. Dre interviews where he discusses watching MTV and seeing Axl wearing the hat and how the whole group flipped out because it made NWA feel as if they had "made it".

They will make a reference, but that'll be it, Axl won't be seen nor heard, just mentioned along the way...

and chances are that they'll use it in a promo to get some interest and hopes up!

It signifies NWA's crossover acceptance who better to use than the biggest rock star in the world at that time.

I've seen Dr. Dre interviews where he discusses watching MTV and seeing Axl wearing the hat and how the whole group flipped out because it made NWA feel as if they had "made it".

Excatly.

It is for that reason, that whenever a Guns biopic ever comes, they will mention Nirvana.

Excatly.

It is for that reason, that whenever a Guns biopic ever comes, they will mention Nirvana.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that it was because of GN'R...well, Axl wearing a Nirvana cap, that Nirvana crossed over to the mainstream? I can definitely see Nirvana being brought up in a Guns flick, but not for that reason...(if that's what you mean)

If you could find that interview I would love to see it. Not that im calling you a liar or anything, but I used to be a HUGE Dr.Dre fan and I never saw that interview. The only interview I've ever seen Dre say "I knew we had made it" was when they got a letter from the FBI about the song "fuck the police".

And I know we are all hoping that something would be said about Axl in the movie, but all of you are putting way too much into this whole "Because Axl wore an NWA hat once or twice it means that they will have an actor for axl in the movie", Maybe I spoke too soon by saying there wouldnt be a reference, because there may be.

But, this whole topic was a bigger issue for GNR as opposed to NWA. Because when 1 in a million came out of course there was so much outrage about that song so Axl had to come out in some and show that he was "cool" with blacks...Hence the NWA hat. If this were a movie about gnr I would expect more of a reference to NWA than with this being an NWA movie with a reference to Axl.

If you could find that interview I would love to see it.

http://www.feelnumb.com/?p=3025

Dr. Dre realized his former band N.W.A. had made it big when he saw Axl Rose wearing a hat with the group’s logo on it in the Guns N’ Roses 1991 promo video for the song “You Could Be Mine”. Dre couldn’t believe it because he and his bandmates were still struggling to make a living and had no idea their music had a white audience. Dre said, “The biggest shock was when we saw Axl Rose in the video with the N.W.A. hat. “We were like, ‘What the f**k?’ We were still selling records out of our car.”

axl_nwa_hat.jpg

“We thought we were so badass,” Axl Rose was later quoted as saying, “Then N.W.A. came out rapping about this world where you walk out of your house and you get shot. It was just so clear what stupid little white-boy poseurs we were. It was like, ‘All right, we can give up the act.’ If you’re talking about which lifestyle is more hard-core, the one where you get shot always wins.”
Edited by John Bonham

Dr. Dre realized his former band N.W.A. had made it big when he saw Axl Rose wearing a hat with the group’s logo on it in the Guns N’ Roses 1991 promo video for the song “You Could Be Mine”. Dre couldn’t believe it because he and his bandmates were still struggling to make a living and had no idea their music had a white audience. Dre said, “The biggest shock was when we saw Axl Rose in the video with the N.W.A. hat. “We were like, ‘What the f**k?’ We were still selling records out of our car.”

axl_nwa_hat.jpg

“We thought we were so badass,” Axl Rose was later quoted as saying, “Then N.W.A. came out rapping about this world where you walk out of your house and you get shot. It was just so clear what stupid little white-boy poseurs we were. It was like, ‘All right, we can give up the act.’ If you’re talking about which lifestyle is more hard-core, the one where you get shot always wins.”

That last part is great.

Edited by SunnyDRE

axl_nwa_hat.jpg

Hell yeah thats awesome!...

But in 1991 NWA was already huge, and Dr.Dre was in the process of leaving ruthless records for death row records...So thats kinda strange that he would say they were still selling records out of their cars.

But even with that little tid bit there, I still highly doubt they would get an actor just to play Axl...Maybe a reference but not a scene. This movie will focus more on the rise of the group (thats where maybe there will be a reference), but I think the thing that will be used in the movie to show "when we knew we made it big" will be the FBI letter they got. And then it will focus on the downfall (Eazy and Heller stealing money..etc...) And it *may* have some in there about Suge Knight towards the end.

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything...but its been somewhat annoying around here lately with all the "chinese democracy pt 2" threads and now this...In my opinion threads like that and this are people reaching deep into the barrel. Which yes it does give us something to talk about, but then people take what we put on here as gospel and go to other sites posting "CHINESE DEM PT2, COMING OUT THIS SUMMER!!!". I could see this growing into a "AXL ROSE TO STAR IN MOVIE ABOUT NWA".

And no thats not a far cry...just look at everything that has spread around the internet (not just gnr fan sites) about Chinese Democracy 2.

Ok...Im done with my rant!