New Supporters Perks!

highvoltage

Hey Everyone, rolled out some new Supporters perks today! Here is the list of new perks:

-- Supporters can now customize their "titles" (instead of FRONTMAN, DEMI-GOD, etc). Instructions are here.

-- Supporters can now customize their profiles, with a background image/colour option available. Example.

-- Signatures for Supporters can be 500x200px and 150kb in size (450x180 / 80kb for Regular members) and contain 4 lines of text.

The existing perks are all being retained:
-- Increased PM MailBox size, from 50 to 1000 messages

-- Member name becomes green in user list

-- No flood control

-- Subscription valid for a year

Enjoy! More to come! smile.gif

Edit: How are you guys going to mederate the chat? Also, is there a limit on how many people can be in at one time?

- There are logs that go back a certain period, so if we receive a complaint, we'll be able to verify it with the logs. Not going to be reading through them as a matter of course though - just if issues have been raised.

- 250 can be in there at one time.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Nice! Is it possible to make the background picture in the profiles more visible though? It's barely visible as it is right now.

Edit: Also, look at my new fancy members title. :shades:

Edit 2: About the profile backgrounds... Maybe slim down the grey area a bit when it's customized?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Edit 2: About the profile backgrounds... Maybe slim down the grey area a bit when it's customized?

Could probably hide the forum banner with javascript if a background was detected... but I'm bad at that sort of thing, so I can't set it up.

kevin....

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm not trying to be a dick, but these features available for FREE an other forum...

We've also been told how much this forum cost each month too and it's a lot more than that forum, so they're dependent on having supporters, so obviously they have to attract people to support in some way.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I'm not trying to be a dick, but these features available for FREE an other forum...

Really? Look I don't think you're being a dick either but let me respond;

I honestly don't know which forum you mean but i welcome all GNR forums and have respect for all (as long as we receive the same respect back) that's first up. Second, I don't think it's fair to compare this forum with another one unless it has a huge capacity of members etc, and the cost implications (amongst others) are equal, otherwise the comparison can't be equal -- Where I do think you should compare is benefits before to since the takeover and on that note (and bearing in mind those were the discussion behind the scenes) we've more than doubled the benefits than this forum has ever had in its history and the list is not complete, there will be a couple more added soon with the aid of systems development and the forums restructure -- When this happens, the benefits versus the previous ones before the takeover will be three times more beneficial than before. We've been honest and up front the second since the takeover and that wont change.

Also, this forums restructure will mean (at least in my honest opinion) that over the next few months or so, standard members 'perks' and general enjoyment will speak for themselves -- This is tip of the iceberg stuff, loads of cool changes happening -- Which ultimately will mean further financial support from myself. We do need donations but if we don't, we don't? I'm totally relaxed about that fact and you'll get my respect regardless of whether you donate or you don't.

Those that have, thank you -- keep a close eye on further developments!!:)

But that forum sucks

No it doesn't.

I think it does.

I think it doesn't.

Yeah, you said that.

Is DJ wearing Axl's hat for a reason in your avatar? :lol:

But that forum sucks

No it doesn't.

I think it does.

I think it doesn't.

Yeah, you said that.

Is DJ wearing Axl's hat for a reason in your avatar? :lol:

redcoat bastard!!:rofl-lol: