Aerosmith use Slash drawing on new album cover..

vaida

Just a quick one..

Aerosmith were on the Jonathan Ross show last night promoting their new album.. I remember Walk This Way etc from when I was a kid, but never picked up an album of theirs. The lead singer seems like a fun kinda dude and rocking hard at his age. It’s been 10 years since their previous album, and their new album has taken 4 years to create. The guitarist was on the show too, and revealed the way in which they create Aerosmith songs: The guitarist comes up with a ‘lick’ ..then the lead singer writes the lyrics. Then they imagine what it would be like to have to play the song for the next 10 years. If it gets the thumbs up, then it makes the album. Now the Slash connection..

Back in the day Slash was an Aerosmith fan and went as far as to draw a picture of the band. Steven Tyler (Aerosmith lead singer) liked the image, so much so they have used it on the inside of the new album cover. Jonathan Ross said Slash of Guns N’Roses, and Steven Tyler replied ‘Slash of Guns N’roses’. Seems no matter how much time passes, Slash will always be Slash of Guns N’Roses, or the Guns N’Roses guitarist.

On a slightly bizarre note, it appeared to be the first time Steven Tyler had seen the completed cover when Jonathan Ross handed him a copy of the new CD. You’d have thought the band would have seen the final product before it went to press to give it the thumbs up.

-

It’s on YouTube already:

Maybe someone has the Slash drawing.. ..and can post here..

-

UPDATE:

aerosmithdrawingslash.jpg

Edited by vaida

It's so weird that you refer Joe Perry as "the guitarist" and you have to you have to specify that Steven Tyler is the lead singer of Aerosmith :D. I'm not dissing you or trying to be disrespectful. But, as a life-long Aerosmith-fan, it just sounds weird :D. Cause they're frigging Joe Perry and Steven Tyler! :D

But on topic, cool! Always nice to hear/read/see these kind of news. :)

It's so weird that you refer Joe Perry as "the guitarist" and you have to you have to specify that Steven Tyler is the lead singer of Aerosmith :D. I'm not dissing you or trying to be disrespectful. But, as a life-long Aerosmith-fan, it just sounds weird :D. Cause they're frigging Joe Perry and Steven Tyler! :D

Heh.. to be fair I didn't know the name of either. I just happend to Google Aerosmith lead singer (to obtain his name). I could have done the same for the guitarist.. Steven Tyler seemed quite happy to be on the show promoting, where as Joe Perry came acroos like it was all part and part of the job, the side that probably don't interest him so much..

Edited by vaida

Just a quick one..

Aerosmith were on the Jonathan Ross show last night promoting their new album.. I remember Walk This Way etc from when I was a kid, but never picked up an album of theirs. The lead singer seems like a fun kinda dude and rocking hard at his age. It’s been 10 years since their previous album, and their new album has taken 4 years to create. The guitarist was on the show too, and revealed the way in which they create Aerosmith songs: The guitarist comes up with a ‘lick’ ..then the lead singer writes the lyrics. Then they imagine what it would be like to have to play the song for the next 10 years. If it gets the thumbs up, then it makes the album. Now the Slash connection..

Back in the day Slash was an Aerosmith fan and went as far as to draw a picture of the band. Steven Tyler (Aerosmith lead singer) liked the image, so much so they have used it on the inside of the new album cover. Jonathan Ross said Slash of Guns N’Roses, and Steven Tyler replied ‘Slash of Guns N’roses’. Seems no matter how much time passes, Slash will always be Slash of Guns N’Roses, or the Guns N’Roses guitarist.

On a slightly bizarre note, it appeared to be the first time Steven Tyler had seen the completed cover when Jonathan Ross handed him a copy of the new CD. You’d have thought the band would have seen the final product before it went to press to give it the thumbs up.

-

It’s on YouTube already:

-

UPDATE:

If you never picked up an album of theirs you are missing out mate as the first 4 albums are Rock classics and they were a big influence on Slash..........

Just a quick one..

-

It’s on YouTube already:

-

UPDATE:

If you never picked up an album of theirs you are missing out mate as the first 4 albums are Rock classics and they were a big influence on Slash..........

..maybe now is the time I start checking out Aerosmith. What's Aerosmith's AFD ?

Likewise, I didn't really like Metallica until ..And Justice For All showed up. That's album is just great. Then came the Black album, and for the first time Metallica had an album with bass on it, as I always found their first albums to lack bass - which might have had something to with with the recording methods used back then. Recording wise, Load simply sounds the best.

Edited by vaida

Heh.. to be fair I didn't know the name of either. I just happend to Google Aerosmith lead singer (to obtain his name). I could have done the same for the guitarist.. Steven Tyler seemed quite happy to be on the show promoting, where as Joe Perry came acroos like it was all part and part of the job, the side that probably don't interest him so much..

Joe is always like that! He always acts like he wants to be any where but where he is. lol. I'm a major Aerosmith fan and seeing Joe and Steven together is always a trip. It's been 40 years for them, they act like an old married couple.

Just a quick one..

-

It’s on YouTube already:

-

UPDATE:

..maybe now is the time I start checking out Aerosmith. What's Aerosmith's AFD ?

Likewise, I didn't really like Metallica until ..And Justice For All showed up. That's album is just great. Then came the Black album, and for the first time Metallica had an album with bass on it, as I always found their first albums to lack bass - which might have had something to with with the recording methods used back then. Recording wise, Load simply sounds the best.

1. Get Rocks or Toys in the Attic.

2. Kill Em All has lots of bass.

BTW is THE drawing? That is, the one Slash did for Marc, resulting in him meeting Izzy? Because if it is that's just fuckin' boss.

Yes it is. Marc was talkin' about it in his sub-forum.

Jonathan Ross said Slash of Guns N'Roses, and Steven Tyler replied 'Slash of Guns N'roses'. Seems no matter how much time passes, Slash will always be Slash of Guns N'Roses, or the Guns N'Roses guitarist.

Yeah every time I hear that phrase I ask what other guys named Slash are out there? None of course. Unfortunately I think they say it now because there's a whole new generation that weren't around in the band's heyday (or were too young) and really don't know how he became famous. It's like when I was real young I didn't know the bands that Phil Collins, Rod Stewart and others were in before they began their solo careers.

No, Slash will always be the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses no matter what.

Big Aerosmith fan here, I guess he is just pissed off when asked about the drugs yet again. lol. But yeah, he is always like that... always reserved/serious, and its even more obvious when beside Steven Tyler. lol

Steven Tyler has 2 books, as well as Cyrinda Foxe and Bebe Buell's books documenting his drug abuse. How many times does one person need to keep going into this? It's interviewer ignorance, take 2 hours before having the guest on, or have your people read the book so you sound like you know something about them.

"Walk This Way" alone went into the entire band being dysfunctional. Now you have Steven's own book as well as Joey Kramer's book.

There was a coffeetable book put out last year with all sorts of memorabilia in it.

Vaida - I'm sure Aerosmith saw the drafts and had Marc's high end copy in hand to give them when the artists were putting it together.

And if that drawing did have a part in GNR coming together, it belongs in a real museum or a place like the UCLA archives, just not the RRHOF or Hard Rock Cafe, or hanging over Steven Tyler's fireplace, which he'pll prob. do with Marc's copy.

Just a quick one..

-

It’s on YouTube already:

-

UPDATE:

1. Get Rocks or Toys in the Attic.

2. Kill Em All has lots of bass.

I think I have Kill Em All somewhere, its the one with the hammer on the cover..

I might check out Get Rocks and Toys in the Attic..

I didn't really like Metallica until ..And Justice For All showed up. That's album is just great. Then came the Black album, and for the first time Metallica had an album with bass on it, as I always found their first albums to lack bass - which might have had something to with with the recording methods used back then. Recording wise, Load simply sounds the best.

Unfortunately they kinda ran out of truly great songs by then.

I think I have Kill Em All somewhere, its the one with the hammer on the cover..

Toys In The Attic is awesome. Get a Grip is probably my favorite album though.

Anyway, using Slash's drawing is very cool. I'm sure he must be honored!

Get a Grip!!! Though many fans of the old shit dislikes it, I love it!!! Pump is awesome too!

Get a Grip!!! Though many fans of the old shit dislikes it, I love it!!! Pump is awesome too!

With the post-Permanent Vacation stuff, there's a lot of great tunes. I can't dislike. Even though they use outside writers like Desmond Child and they got a little ballad-heavy, they still pulled off some great songs along the way. Pump, Get A Grip, Nine Lives, Just Push Play, they all have some damn good rockin' tunes.

With the post-Permanent Vacation stuff, there's a lot of great tunes. I can't dislike. Even though they use outside writers like Desmond Child and they got a little ballad-heavy, they still pulled off some great songs along the way. Pump, Get A Grip, Nine Lives, Just Push Play, they all have some damn good rockin' tunes.

Yeah, Im a fan of both generation. Old school fans are snobs about it. I even like JPP(Sunshine, Drop Dead Gorgeous, etc)