BBF in the Netherlands: no plans new record

aranrod

Bumblefoot did a guitar clinic in Hoofddorp, near Amsterdam, and told people there are no concrete plans for a new record as far as he knows. And if there are any plans then Axl is the only one who knows about them.

I admit that when it comes to GNR I might sometimes be a little too optimitic. Even in this case I believe that the "Axl is the only one who knows about them" -part is the truth.

I honestly think that Axl is maybe a little ashamed of the fact how long it takes for him to write new songs. And that's why he tells even to his bandmates "let's have a break". When in fact he's actually writing stuff all the time.

This sucks... but! I'm not losing hope. even Axl realises that at some point if the band are to continue he has to release new material, otherwise the crowds will become less, and less until he's forced to call it a day (which some of you wish he would do already). Nobody but Axl knows when new music will see the light of day, I don't think Axl wants to think about it to be honest, he's probably putting it off as CD was such a nightmare.

A new album is not coming anytime soon though if reports are to be believed, but a few select choices from the CD vault would go along way... even if it was just a stripped down Axl and his piano version, just 2 or 3 new songs on a EP would go a long way!

Outside hope is that Axl's trying to pull a David Bowie and record a new album in secret and then just release it... god that would be great! it would certainly shut this forum up :D Bowie had everyone working on the album sign nondisclosure forms, they denied anything Bowie related right up until the album dropped... lets hope and pray that's what old Axl is at and Bumble is just being a dutiful soldier and denying work is going on.

• Like 2

He said he did have some song ideas but if Axl doesn't like them he will put them on his own solo album.

Wow, might this be history repeating? No surprise though!

Yeah, hopefully this time they communicate together a little better so that Bumblefoot doesn't use the songs on his solo album even though Axl thought some of the stuff had potential for a GNR song.

When he says no plans for a "new album" i'm convinced he's being deliberatly obtuse. I think he means no new record that he has recorded fresh songs for. I don't think BBF would consider a Chinese Leftovers album new. He seems to be quite stubborn about the subject.

I still think there is a plan (even if just a top line idea with Team Brazil) to release the remaining tracks Nov 2014. Just cos BBF says there isn't doesnt mean we won't get something.

When he says no plans for a "new album" i'm convinced he's being deliberatly obtuse. I think he means no new record that he has recorded fresh songs for. I don't think BBF would consider a Chinese Leftovers album new. He seems to be quite stubborn about the subject.

I still think there is a plan (even if just a top line idea with Team Brazil) to release the remaining tracks Nov 2014. Just cos BBF says there isn't doesnt mean we won't get something.

Yeah, because "Chinese Leftover" is totally coming! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but you're delusional.

How was the clinic itself ?

did you bring a guitar (do you need to?)

I plan to attend his workshop in januari 2014 in Hoofddorp

The "workshop" in Januari is a concert, isn't it? But you can always bring your guitar and join him on stage !

Good luck and see you in Januari in/near "Amsterdam".

Guest cbgnr666

Interesting,maybe Axl is planning on releasing albums to himself only from now on.

He may have released 4 albums since Chinese for all we or anyone else knows.

How was the clinic itself ?

did you bring a guitar (do you need to?)

I plan to attend his workshop in januari 2014 in Hoofddorp

The "workshop" in Januari is a concert, isn't it? But you can always bring your guitar and join him on stage !

Good luck and see you in Januari in/near "Amsterdam".

I may go as well. Not sure, yet.

Bumblefoot did a guitar clinic in Hoofddorp, near Amsterdam, and told people there are no concrete plans for a new record as far as he knows. And if there are any plans then Axl is the only one who knows about them.

Great news, (sarcasm) thanks for the update though. The only good news is history has shown us Bumblefoot is usually at his most despondent and bummed... right before something great happens!

Yeah, I remember reading an interview with BBF earlier this year where he made that distinction. There's no new record, and least nothing with new songs we've recorded, and he said something along the lines of, if they release songs we recorded 10 years ago, I wouldn't call them new.

But where are you getting that Nov 2014 estimate?

What's the point with new album after CD? It didn't change the world and the record company surely didn't make a shit load of money out of it, so it'll surely think twice before financing a CD2 release...

Axl imo should forget about the Gn'R brand name, other than for touring, and release some digital only music under his own name, Axl & friends or alike. He'd be far less pressured and stressed and would make everybody happy. Just my 2 cents...

Why 2014 though? Why not 2013?

If you have a bunch of leftover material..........as well as a current band who wants to record their OWN music............why keep waiting longer and longer to release anything? All that does is make the current/new stuff eventually become old and outdated.

Why 2014 though? Why not 2013?

If you have a bunch of leftover material..........as well as a current band who wants to record their OWN music............why keep waiting longer and longer to release anything? All that does is make the current/new stuff eventually become old and outdated.

Don't you reckon the leftover material might already be outdated? I rather see them make new stuff, like you say: their own music, than carry on with the CD-stuff.