Limp Bizkit dress up as GNR and cover 2.5 GNR songs in Perth for Halloween

Amir

http://www.thearmpit.net/eng/2013/10/31/photos-limp-bizkit-dresses-up-as-guns-n-roses-for-halloween/ (thanks to Sheldon for link)

axlslash-300x300.jpg

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/limp-bizkit/2013/metro-city-perth-australia-7bc74ec4.html

Opened with WTTJ, did end verse of Patience, and covered SCOM (which they've done before in their own nu-metal style, don't know how they played it this time).

Edited by Amir

Rollin' and Take A Look Around have been on every MP3 player I've had for the past decade. Loved their new single Ready To Go, been going through their discography recently, may check them out in concert in February.

Another example of a band that Axl liked ("Limp Bizkit's fun") that went on to diss him (Durst slated CD).

Pretty cool but Fred Durst is such a moron he doesn't know Slash left the band almost 20 years ago.

That, or he decided to dress up as the GnR that actually meant something in music and the guitar player who people outside fan forums actually know.

I don't get the problem here anyway. Ashba tries to dress up like Slash every show they do.

Edited by username
  • Like 3

Bit more in the review:

"Wearing tight white bicycle pants, sneakers, oversize hockey jersey and an Axl Rose wig from the pre-dreadlock era, Durst was in his element. Borland chose tight black pants, the Slash locks, a naked torso and the iconic cigarette out of the mouth look. The audience had to look twice to check if it was the great axeman himself such was Borland’s incredible likeness and mannerisms, even down to the swigs of Jack Daniels between songs.

Yes, the Bizkit had come to have fun and they kicked off the night with a cover of the Guns N Roses classic, “Welcome To The Jungle”. The crowd lapped it up after the initial shock with the rendition a far better version than what Axl and his band bought to Australia earlier in the year.

Whilst the mocking continued for the majority of the night it must be said that Durst explained the mimicking, saying “We did this because we love Guns N Roses and we want to see them back together again”. He seemed genuine, though with Durst sometimes it’s hard to tell."

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/reviews/shows/359471/limp-bizkit.htm

Edited by Amir

Bit more in the review:

"Wearing tight white bicycle pants, sneakers, oversize hockey jersey and an Axl Rose wig from the pre-dreadlock era, Durst was in his element. Borland chose tight black pants, the Slash locks, a naked torso and the iconic cigarette out of the mouth look. The audience had to look twice to check if it was the great axeman himself such was Borland’s incredible likeness and mannerisms, even down to the swigs of Jack Daniels between songs.

Yes, the Bizkit had come to have fun and they kicked off the night with a cover of the Guns N Roses classic, “Welcome To The Jungle”. The crowd lapped it up after the initial shock with the rendition a far better version than what Axl and his band bought to Australia earlier in the year.

Whilst the mocking continued for the majority of the night it must be said that Durst explained the mimicking, saying “We did this because we love Guns N Roses and we want to see them back together again”. He seemed genuine, though with Durst sometimes it’s hard to tell."

http://www.thearmpit.net/eng/2013/10/31/limp-bizkit-october-31st-2013-metro-city-perth/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=limp-bizkit-october-31st-2013-metro-city-perth

Fred Durst doesn't even know GNR is still around :lol:

KNOW I know why everyone thinks this guy's a complete joke.

Bit more in the review:

"Wearing tight white bicycle pants, sneakers, oversize hockey jersey and an Axl Rose wig from the pre-dreadlock era, Durst was in his element. Borland chose tight black pants, the Slash locks, a naked torso and the iconic cigarette out of the mouth look. The audience had to look twice to check if it was the great axeman himself such was Borlands incredible likeness and mannerisms, even down to the swigs of Jack Daniels between songs.

Yes, the Bizkit had come to have fun and they kicked off the night with a cover of the Guns N Roses classic, Welcome To The Jungle. The crowd lapped it up after the initial shock with the rendition a far better version than what Axl and his band bought to Australia earlier in the year.

Whilst the mocking continued for the majority of the night it must be said that Durst explained the mimicking, saying We did this because we love Guns N Roses and we want to see them back together again. He seemed genuine, though with Durst sometimes its hard to tell."

http://www.thearmpit.net/eng/2013/10/31/limp-bizkit-october-31st-2013-metro-city-perth/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=limp-bizkit-october-31st-2013-metro-city-perth

Fred Durst doesn't even know GNR is still around :lol:

KNOW I know why everyone thinks this guy's a complete joke.

Again I think he was referring the the LEGIT GNR. Not NuGNR.

Maybe Limp Bizkit isn't your cup of tea but at least the singer and guitarist managed to sit down after a few years apart following a nasty split and find a way to get along and be a band again. That's more than I can say for another band that I can think of. It blows my mind the amount of negativity on this board save for a select few.

I think it was a cool tribute, my favorite band dresses as my other favorite band, what more could a fan ask for?

• Like 1

Fred Durst...

The guy who went around the country auditioning guitarists, stealing their ideas for himself by making them sign papers saying anything they played for the band could be used by the band and the person auditioning would receive zero compensation if Limp Bizkit decided to use it for themselves.

Limp Bizkit is cool, in their own way. They're a great live band.

And it speaks tons when everybody dresses up as Guns they always go for the Axl and Slash look (and it's cool, cause it just shows how influental and huge they once were). Many people don't even know that Guns is an active band anymore. If they know, they view them as nostalgia act. And it's fine.

It's also funny when people start dissing other people who don't like ChiDem. I mean, if you don't like a person, that's cool, but it's so third grade to start ragging on someone who doesn't like something you do.

I would like to hear their version of WTTJ. It's either very cringeworthy or really cool.

Edited by jekylhyde