Dear Fermanager,: A Retrospective

magisme

He came, he saw, he told us jack shit and fucked off again, leaving downzy to inform us that he's "busy".

So that was uneventful. :lol:

What are your thoughts on Fermanager's visit? Has it changed your thoughts on TB and the band? If so, how so? Or, conversely, did he simply confirm your feelings?

I have to keep this post brief for now, but here's my quick breakdown:

Pros: He showed up and didn't have an Axl type meltdown.

Cons: Everything Else.

Noteworthy Memory: His disappearing like a coward after "noted. lol. sad," unable to tell us himself he won't be back for awhile.

Don't really understand the hatred towards Fernando, when the frustration stems from what Axl does.

Sure he's in the management team, but it all comes down to the boss.

I did think it was a dangerous thing for him to say "soon" about news again though, that's more than likely to backfire if nothing (once again) happens. But once again, it's all down to Axl.

Since the Alan Niven days no other GN´R manager have accomplished much with Axl. Although I believe TB are not qualified for the job, the way Axl operates shows that he can´t have a real manager. Sure Goldstein or Merck would´ve handled the DJ and BBF issues better. But the fact remains they left. I guess they left because they see no future with GN´R

The thing that pisses me off is the "few months" bullshit!. Fank has also said 2016. Axl needs 2 new guitar players. Only some starbing guy who plays guitar in the street to earn a few bucks a day would join the band at this point. On top of that we all know that few months always turns into 10 years or maybe never.

I hate that Fernando wants to insult our intelligence with the few months comment

• Like 2

There were a few times he implied he was just as frustrated as we are, though he didn't go so far as to blame Axl. Seemed more sympathetic to the fans than jarmo, who is still blasting people for criticising the band in any way at HTGTH.

• Like 1

When I saw someone calling him Damager, I cringed.

This visit was damage control, nothing else.

He behaved well for most of the time. With a sense of humor. That made me respect him a little more. The guy is not exactly in our side but it feels like Axl frustrates him as well.

Ass kissing should be punished with ban. :lol:

• Like 3

It didn't changed my perception of management and the band's communication in general.

Sucks that it takes a dramatic event for them to have a little interaction with the fan base.

And in the end we still don't know shit - we just have a vague rendez-vous in 2-4 months, when we'll maybe receive some trivial info.

in the end what's really sad is the fact that we want Axl to succeed, to kick ass, to share music with us, to put on a great show. We're begging to support him.

Not everyone here is out there to get you. And if sometimes it looks that way for some, it's simply because of years of frustration piling up.

• Like 1

I thought he acted and behaved like a bit of a cock to be honest. The man clearly thinks he's something special, when in reality he is a sycophant of the worst possible kind whose family emotionally blackmailed the man they have spent a lifetime leeching off into taking on a job they are woefully unqualified to do.

But I'm sure that makes me a racist or a cupcake for saying so. Truth is the truth hurts don't you agree?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 4

1- Stop fucking sucking up to Fernando. The dude is Axl's ex-nanny-now-manager's son! God... Some people here were treating him like he's freaking Axl Rose! No one gives a shit about stupid stuff like "omg fernando what's your favorite CD song?" "Oh fernando, how is Beta doing? What's Axl's new favorite tv series?".

Maybe so, but there's no need to endlessly rehash the ex-nanny thing. Regardless of the frustrations we all have, everything would be easier without the aggressive tone of voice we sometimes have. Granted, they make it difficult for us :lol:

2- He came here for the sole purpose of damage control. It's like "shit... We have absolutely nothing on the table right now, two members stepped out, Axl hasn't stopped to think about GnR since Golden Gods so let's go there and see how it goes, let's give em a glimpse of hope that means shit - there will be news in 2-4 months."

True - but unfortunately we've been here before. So I'd even prefer them to say nothing at all and make an announcement when things are 100% going to happen. In this case, they should have just said "Guns is going forward regardless, Axl and the band are working on XXXX" and don't give any timeframe. If nothing is announced at least it won't come back to bite them.

3- Moderators should stop protecting Fernando and others when they come here. I heard many posts were deleted for nothing because of criticism. They need to know, y'know? This is not HTGTH.

If criticism is expressed 'correctly' then it should stay. Or be aggregated in one global post should TB chose to address it.

So if that kind of posts were deleted it's not good. If the posts were insulting, they should be removed - it's not helping.

Just my 0.02ç

3- Moderators should stop protecting Fernando and others when they come here. I heard many posts were deleted for nothing because of criticism. They need to know, y'know? This is not HTGTH.

I want to clarify this point; If you go back through the thread, you'll see the cries of consorship are wild and unwarranted.

There are plenty of posts criticizing Fernando, TB, Axl and GN'R in general. What wasn't allowed were the same type of posts that are never allowed: off topic posts and random insults.

It also seems like a good time to remind everyone that we're not perfect nor to we claim to be. We were all flying by the seat of our pants and doing our best to keep everything under control. Many PMs were sent if/when something was removed and many people understood how/why.

To me, there's a difference between posting something like "Hey Fernando, why can't TB get (this or that) released?" or "Fernando, does Axl know he doesn't sound good anymore?" and posting something like "Fernando, do you and your housekeeper mom know you're fucking awful managers?" or "Everyone posting in this thread is a fucking idiot".

All we tried to do was filter out the second examples from the first. As I said prior, if you look at the thread you'll see plenty of negative/criticizing posts left.

• Like 3

Came, was vague, provaricatory, dismissive, cryptic, seemed bored, answered the most innocuous irrelevant questions, avoided anything substantial or even insubtantial so long as it involved questions about the band he's supposed to be managing and the music they may or may not be making, made some suitably vague so as to not be overtly insulting statements, waved sympathy card, cunted fans off, left. Did I leave anything out?

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

Regarding the length of his posts, he was the reverse of Len!

Imagine if we all posted like that?

''lol, sad''

PS

Although thinking about it, mygnr would just consist of a load of people logged on for lengthy periods and not posting, because this is essentially what Fernando did for most of the time.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Maybe so, but there's no need to endlessly rehash the ex-nanny thing. Regardless of the frustrations we all have, everything would be easier without the aggressive tone of voice we sometimes have. Granted, they make it difficult for us

Bollocks to that, Cosmos spot on, sorry that they're all delicate flowers over at Team GnR but uh, such is the world we live in, they take that shit THAT badly? Ask Madison how she felt about Axls particular kind words, Cosmo was just stating the facts that are plain as the noses on our collective faces.

Why was he even consulted to begin with baffles me...

On one hand the fans in general and on this forum are pretty much disgusted by the lack of news or respect for the fans... and on the other hand they suck up like little puppy dogs when the toilet paper replacer in the Axl Rose Band logs on the internet for 2 seconds.

The band will come up with news when it has to. If CD2 has to come out it will. This band has been inactive for pretty much 20 years. Do not expect anything to change.

• Like 1

He came, he saw, he told us jack shit and fucked off again, leaving downzy to inform us that he's "busy".

So that was uneventful. :lol:

What are your thoughts on Fermanager's visit? Has it changed your thoughts on TB and the band? If so, how so? Or, conversely, did he simply confirm your feelings?

I have to keep this post brief for now, but here's my quick breakdown:

Pros: He showed up and didn't have an Axl type meltdown.

Cons: Everything Else.

Noteworthy Memory: His disappearing like a coward after "noted. lol. sad," unable to tell us himself he won't be back for awhile.

Maybe english isnt his first language. It may be hard to communicate for him.

Please dont call him a coward. He is Guns n Roses. He deserves more respect than Slash.

I thought it was cool, and I really don't see the point of rubbing shit in the guys face for actually communicating with us, even though he didn't divulge anything related to new music,future of band etc etc.

You guys do know that even though TB might have the title of manager, Axl is the boss and will continue to do pretty much what he wants when he wants, right?

Is Fernando supposed to storm into Axl's room and give him an ultimatum/commit suicide?

Like it or not, Team Brazil and Del are obviously like family to the guy and he's obviously struggled with being happy in his life for a long time (I know, poor rich rockstar)...

I appreciated that Fernando showed a bit of humour and perhaps frustration too...I'm not interested in party passes or sucking anybody's dick but I really don't see the point in shitting on the guy when (I believe) he has very little control over what Axl does.

And I saw a few posts that were deleted, and I think the mods made the right call.

• Like 3

Whilst I guess it was cool he came to the forum it didn't really achieve anything. It didn't change my opinion re Team Brazil at all to be honest. Personally of course I've got nothing against Beta and her family; they're obviously good to Axl and if I were to be randomly offered the job of managing a big rock band I'd take it. Having said that I still find it amazing that people with no real prior experience of the music business were handed the keys to GN'R. Of course it doesn't really change anything - Axl would never listen to a proper manager and would probably fire them if they told him to do what needs to be done to be successful again. Ultimately, obviously Axl's in control. I do find their managerial style amateurish though. I mean, sure it was cool that he came to chat here but it's pretty unprofessional to go onto a fan forum as a way of communicating information when there have still been no official press releases re the departures of Ron and DJ.

Edited by BassistSeb