Post-GNR Steven Adler releases

Oh come on. The guy is a drummer, not a songwriter. And he was a junkie for many years, which he readily admits.

You really think he should have released several world smash-hit albums by now?

No? I'm just curious as to how much music this guy has put out in the past 26 years. You'd think a great drummer who was the heart and soul of the greatest rock album of all time would be able to get some other gigs now and then, despite his personal problems.

How many albums have been released by Richard Fortus ?

Not many.

How is that relevant in any way?

He stayed alive and I guess that took him a lot of effort, the guy is REALLY stupid and clearly has a week mind. He's a great drummer though, with a very unique style. Maybe you're a little ignorant about drumming in general and can't comprehend it? All the praise he gets from GNR fans is well deserved IMO. And his work on AFD is vastly underrated by rock fans.

Adler is not a music legend or anything, neither is GNR the greatest band in the world. I don't know why you try to downplay GNR's importance in a GNR forum though, it's a stupid thing to do. You will be dealing with fans of said band, and you'll look like a sad cupcake trying to make people angry. Even though I criticize Axl, I'd never question his importance to the band or how talented he is.

As for his music post-GNR, I don't know and I don't really care. Not my style.

Now let me be honest with you bacardi. You choose the weirdest people in GNR to cupcake. Why is that? Nobody cares if you think Gilby is mediocre because nobody cares about Gilby. Same for Adler, nobody really cares about him and those who care are mostly good and reasonable posters. cupcake better, you coward. AXSEL IS FAT CD IS SHIT! - that's how you do it.

• Like 2

I'm genuinely curious, just how much music has Steven Adler put out since being kicked out of GNR?

I'm aware of:

the 2005 Adler's Appetite EP (6 songs, 2 of which were covers)

Baby Can't Drive

Back From the Dead (11 songs)

Has he done anything else in his 26 years out of the band?

You have sort of defeated your own agenda with your own arithmetic! That would make 4+1+11=16 songs.

Yes, a junked up '80s washout, in-and-out of rehab for the best part of twenty years, has released one more song officially than W. Axl Rose. And Adler did not even have the 'name' nor the million $ recording fee!! And Adler even found time to release a book (granted it was ghost written!).

How Axl fans have fallen in their arguments and rhetorical slurs!

Adler's Appetite EP - 6 Songs - Suicide, 99, Emtpy, Hollywood (Thin Lizzy cover), Little Dancer, Draw The Line (Aerosmith Cover)

Alder's Appetite - 2 never officially released Songs - Sadder Days, Keep Satisfied

Adler's Appetite - Alive EP - 3 Songs - Alive, Stardog, Fading

Aside from the above stuff he did with Adler's Appetite, I know of the following things -

He was in Roadcrew prior to Adler's Appetite, which was basically him and members of Vain - including their singer. The stuff they recorded with him was eventually released on Vain albums (or song or two here and there). There is also a bootleg of some press event they played floating around.

After Alder's Appetite, as stated above he started Adler and released the album Back From The Dead.

Somewhere along the line, prior to Adler I assume, he did a collaboration with one of the Alder's Appetite members (Chip Z'Nuff) and they did an EP called Adler Z'Nuff.

Aside from guesting on Slash's first solo effort on Baby Can't Drive, he has also worked with Izzy. They recorded a version of 'Do You Love Me?' which was never officially released.

One could make a similar claim against Izzy.

What songs or albums has Izzy released that made any kind of dent or had any kind of success post GnR?

If Izzy was the best songwriter, best guitar player and heart and soul of the band, then surely he must have had loads of success in the past 25 years.

How many platinum albums? How many gold albums? How many albums on billboard? How many songs charted?

What songs or albums has Izzy released that made any kind of dent or had any kind of success post GnR?

If Izzy was the best songwriter, best guitar player and heart and soul of the band, then surely he must have had loads of success in the past 25 years.

How many platinum albums? How many gold albums? How many albums on billboard? How many songs charted?

You're right. Bacardi just wants to make fun of Steven, like he does with Gilby for reasons I'll never, ever, understand.

If huge sales and success had anything to do with great music, wed be discussing ONE DIRECTION here on this board

Adler

Adler's Appetite EP: 6

Alive EP: 3

Back From the Dead: 11

Slash: 1

Adler Z'Nuff EP: 4 songs

25 songs, 3 EPs, 1 album, 1 guest appearance.

Axl

End of Days: 1

Chinese Democracy: 14

15 songs, 1 album, 1 soundtrack song.

If we're counting guest appearances, Axl still loses, but he appeared on the song Anxious Disease in 1996 and 3 songs on Baz's Angel Down in 2007. So, 19 songs and a few lines in a Grand Theft Auto game really :lol:

Wasn't Adler also in a band with DJ Ashba in the late 90s?

Adler

Adler's Appetite EP: 6

Alive EP: 3

Back From the Dead: 11

Slash: 1

Adler Z'Nuff EP: 4 songs

25 songs, 3 EPs, 1 album, 1 guest appearance.

Axl

End of Days: 1

Chinese Democracy: 14

15 songs, 1 album, 1 soundtrack song.

If we're counting guest appearances, Axl still loses, but he appeared on the song Anxious Disease in 1996 and 3 songs on Baz's Angel Down in 2007. So, 19 songs and a few lines in a Grand Theft Auto game really :lol:

Wasn't Adler also in a band with DJ Ashba in the late 90s?

Bulletboys right? I don't think they were in the band at the same times tho