Live Blogging from the Hammerstein & pre/post parties, the details

darknemus

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you guys some quick details on the LiveBlogging plans. Including pre / post show activities.

A. This only applies to the shows on the 12th, 14th, & 15th. I won't be attending the show on the 17th.

B. I will maintain one running thread in the main section of the board for all blogging activities. Please realize that I probably won't be able to answer most questions as things are going down - but I'll do my best. So don't be offended if I don't respond to you - its nothing personal. :)

C. I will have full Net access at the show(s), provided TMobile can get a signal into the Hammerstein.

D. It is *POSSIBLE* I might get some pictures posted to the same thread as things are happening. Chances are, this is alot more likely with pre / post show activities, though - as I really don't feel like having my digital camera confiscated by security.

E. I will keep a running set list / updates on any announcements that come out during the show.

F. If you're U.S. based, and have a celphone, but will NOT be at the shows - I'd like to hear from you. I want to have at least one person I can text as a backup in case something screws up. PM me please.

G. Remember that ALL of this is reliant upon signal strength, battery life, and, umm, my sobriety :) - I will do my best to keep everyone updated as best as possible, though.

-darknemus

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dark, i'm gonna be doing the same thing for my forum. pretty cool.

i know verizon and sprint worked in there, cuz i've gotten messages from people at shows there who have both those providers. I'm pretty sure t-mobile will work as well.

I'm gonna be signed into msn on my phone, and as a backup i'll just use text message to an AIM account. Hopefully it all goes well.

i know verizon and sprint worked in there, cuz i've gotten messages from people at shows there who have both those providers. I'm pretty sure t-mobile will work as well.

I'm gonna be signed into msn on my phone, and as a backup i'll just use text message to an AIM account. Hopefully it all goes well.

Yeah, I'll actually have two phones with me. Just in case I lose battery on the MDA. I'll still have my SDA. Only problem is, well, texting is a bitch on those tiny-ass buttons. MDA's got a full dropdown QWERTY keyboard, which is damn nice. I'm fully confident in getting a TMobile signal there.. never had a problem anywhere else, really.

I'll also make sure to snap some pics of the airplane ride over and all that - although that stuff will really be more for my own 'archive' of the events - what the heck, I have no issues sharing.

-darknemus

Yeah, I'll actually have two phones with me. Just in case I lose battery on the MDA. I'll still have my SDA. Only problem is, well, texting is a bitch on those tiny-ass buttons. MDA's got a full dropdown QWERTY keyboard, which is damn nice. I'm fully confident in getting a TMobile signal there.. never had a problem anywhere else, really.

I'll also make sure to snap some pics of the airplane ride over and all that - although that stuff will really be more for my own 'archive' of the events - what the heck, I have no issues sharing.

-darknemus

yeah dude, i'd really be interested in seeing the route everyone takes to get there... pictures at landing etc. etc. even the walk to the venue itself.

so if i see some dude fumbling between two phones after each track starts, i'll know it's you. and if while you are doing it you look over and see someone fumbling with one phone and two batteries, that's me ;)

Actually, nothing against Axl, but I'm pretty sure I could take him in a scrap. I've got 1/2 a foot on him and at least 80 lbs or so. I'm a big dude. Now, I can't vouch for any chance i'd have against Earl, mind you :) Regardless, I'm not an idiot who would sit there snapping shots like some paparazzi, anyway.

-darknemus

Edited by darknemus

-darknemus

yeah dude, i'd really be interested in seeing the route everyone takes to get there... pictures at landing etc. etc. even the walk to the venue itself.

so if i see some dude fumbling between two phones after each track starts, i'll know it's you. and if while you are doing it you look over and see someone fumbling with one phone and two batteries, that's me ;)

Just don't forget to watch the band :P

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you guys some quick details on the LiveBlogging plans. Including pre / post show activities.

A. This only applies to the shows on the 12th, 14th, & 15th. I won't be attending the show on the 17th.

B. I will maintain one running thread in the main section of the board for all blogging activities. Please realize that I probably won't be able to answer most questions as things are going down - but I'll do my best. So don't be offended if I don't respond to you - its nothing personal. :)

C. I will have full Net access at the show(s), provided TMobile can get a signal into the Hammerstein.

D. It is *POSSIBLE* I might get some pictures posted to the same thread as things are happening. Chances are, this is alot more likely with pre / post show activities, though - as I really don't feel like having my digital camera confiscated by security.

E. I will keep a running set list / updates on any announcements that come out during the show.

F. If you're U.S. based, and have a celphone, but will NOT be at the shows - I'd like to hear from you. I want to have at least one person I can text as a backup in case something screws up. PM me please.

G. Remember that ALL of this is reliant upon signal strength, battery life, and, umm, my sobriety :) - I will do my best to keep everyone updated as best as possible, though.

-darknemus

That is awesome of you to do that darknemus!!!

I live in the UK and will be eagerly awaiting your updates. Nice one mate!