New Queen Song

gnr=axl

Has anyone here downloaded the new song by Queen + Paul Rodgers?

I think it is really good and has been released to mark awareness of World Aids Day.

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS BRAND NEW RECORDING FOR FREE DOWNLOAD ESPECIALLY FOR NELSON MANDELA'S 46664 ON WORLD AIDS DAY AVAILABLE HERE ON QUEENONLINE

It has not been that closely a guarded secret that Queen and Paul Rodgers have been in the recording studio for their first sessions together following their successful world tour of 2005/2006. Indeed, both Paul and Brian have been quoted on their websites as being "quietly excited" about the music that has been produced from this creative union.

Spurred on by their commitments as Ambassadors to Nelson Mandela's 46664 HIV AIDS global campaign, on which the spotlight will fall December 1 with a World Aids Day awareness and fundraising concert in Johannesburg, South Africa, Brian, Roger and Paul have announced they have rushed to finish a track specially written for 46664 by Roger and have it available as a free download in time for this coming Saturday's benefit concert.

The track, Roger's "Say It's Not True", originally came to light for the launch of the 46664 campaign back in November 2003. Roger wrote the song as a gift to Nelson Mandela (or 'Madiba', as he is fondly known), and performed it live for him for the first time with Brian and Dave Stewart at the inaugural 46664 concert in Cape Town that month. The song carries the message that HIV AIDS is something that can affect any one of us.

Roger performed an acoustic version of the song again nightly during the Queen + Paul Rodgers' 2005 tour, each time dedicating it to Madiba's work to bring people and politicians together to fight HIV AIDS and make the necessary treatment drugs available.

Having played two previous 46664 concerts, but committed in the studio this year, Roger, Brian, and Paul decided to revisit the song, with all three of them sharing the vocals, and to make the song the band's message of support to Nelson Mandela this year.

"By making the song available for free", says Roger, "we hope to help Madiba with his campaign to get across the message that no-one is safe from infection. We have to be aware, we have to protect ourselves and those we love. The song follows the line of his personal message: it's in our own hands to bring a stop to this."

Queen's last new studio recording was back in November 1997 when Brian, Roger and John Deacon reunited to record "No-One But You" a song written by Brian which was shaped by the early loss of Freddie Mercury to AIDS. The song was the last new work to be released by the band, issued as a single in January 1998.

A specially made video for "Say It's Not True" will be premiered during this Saturday's 46664 Johannesburg World AIDS Day concert and the track will be made available as a FREE download exclusively on www.queenonline.com and through www.46664.com, www.46664global.com, queenpluspaulrodgers.com and www.paulrodgers.com on World Aids Day, December 1.

Here is a link to download the song http://www.queenonline.com/sayitsnottrue

its a good song...i mean, i just miss Freddie so much (no John Deacon either), not to take anything away from the rest of the guys, but, it's just lacking so much

listening to it for the first time kinda made me sad....but it's great to hear Brian and Roger

Edited by RJ88

Obviously if you are gonna compare it to Queen when Freddie was there then it will never live up to that standard or because John is not in he band, but if you put that aside i think it is a really good song especially after listening to it a couple of times.

Sorry to bust ya bubble but this Song has been played live since 2005 when Queen first started touring so its not a new Song even though it is a Studio Recording the words and medley were wrote 2 years before

P.S Freddie is God

There are way to many Gn'R jokes i could do but i won't :P

I know it has been played live a couple of years ago but this is a studio recording and i think it is good to listen too.

Oh and it is NEW cos i don't remember anyone else listening to this STUDIO recording before ;)

Obviously if you are gonna compare it to Queen when Freddie was there then it will never live up to that standard or because John is not in he band, but if you put that aside i think it is a really good song especially after listening to it a couple of times.
Sorry to bust ya bubble but this Song has been played live since 2005 when Queen first started touring so its not a new Song even though it is a Studio Recording the words and medley were wrote 2 years before

P.S Freddie is God

There are way to many Gn'R jokes i could do but i won't :P

I know it has been played live a couple of years ago but this is a studio recording and i think it is good to listen too.

Oh and it is NEW cos i don't remember anyone else listening to this STUDIO recording before ;)

I know Queen aint the same without Freddie but it doesn't stop them from carrying on the Queen Legacy with a new tour and new album in the works but this song studio recorded or not its not new somthing new would be a song from there new album but if it has been played since 2004 then its not new