Queensryche anyone???

I like them. Not a huge fan. I ean I don't know all the tunes, but I do enjoy most of the ones I hear. Saw them last year and I might see them again this year. Who was the guy that won the contest to do guest vocals on the album? Where is he/she from? That was cool that the did that. They had part of the little contest for that in front of the audience when they did their show last year.

I'm a casual fan. I've got the first EP and Operation: Mindcrime and both are awesome, just haven't really explored them more for some reason. They're an awful live band though, I had the displeasure of seeing them 3 times on the '07 tour opening for Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell. Tate's voice is shot now, but he was an amazing singer in the 80's.

I'm a casual fan. I've got the first EP and Operation: Mindcrime and both are awesome, just haven't really explored them more for some reason. They're an awful live band though, I had the displeasure of seeing them 3 times on the '07 tour opening for Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell. Tate's voice is shot now, but he was an amazing singer in the 80's.

Umm... really? It must have just been a bad leg of the tour. I saw the last year and thought, "Wow, his voice hasn't changed a bit!" I thought they were a really good live band, too.

Really? I saw them in '92 or so perform Mindcrime and it was an incredible show. Times change, I guess. Maybe the broken voice.

Umm... really? It must have just been a bad leg of the tour. I saw the last year and thought, "Wow, his voice hasn't changed a bit!" I thought they were a really good live band, too.

I dunno, it was at 3 shows over the course of 2 weeks, and all were pretty pitiful. I mean, the band was in great shape, but Geoff Tate's vocal performances were pretty poor. I'd be open to seeing them again to give it another shot, but on all 3 occasions a half hour set was more than enough.

I like Empire, my best friend was really heavy into these guys, I was just a casual liker, I have heard all their stuff, and Empire is all I own.

Seemed like (for some reason) these guys appealed more to the Iron Maiden, Judas Priest crowd, at least most of the people I know who liked them (in the 80s), were into those other 2 also.

Edited by Getizzyback

I dunno, it was at 3 shows over the course of 2 weeks, and all were pretty pitiful. I mean, the band was in great shape, but Geoff Tate's vocal performances were pretty poor. I'd be open to seeing them again to give it another shot, but on all 3 occasions a half hour set was more than enough.

He must have just killed his voice during that tour, then. I promise you, he sounded exactly like the albums when I saw them. He sounded incredible. I'd definitely suggest giving them another chance. I mean, his voice sounded great for the whole 2 and a half hour set that I saw.

He must have just killed his voice during that tour, then. I promise you, he sounded exactly like the albums when I saw them. He sounded incredible. I'd definitely suggest giving them another chance. I mean, his voice sounded great for the whole 2 and a half hour set that I saw.

I've seen Queensryche live 6 times since 2001 -- Geoff Tate always delivers a flawless performance. His best performances are when he's storytelling -- you could tell the guy really wants to be on Broadway. When he gets into a character--he owns the stage.

Geoff Tate is an extremely nice guy. Had the honor of interviewing him for my site a few years ago. (am I allowed to post my site here? http://www.kohlismusicpit.com). He really was cool and we talked for over an hour and a half. I've talked to him in person a couple times after--he remembered me last time! Yay!