Guns N' Roses have new Manager

gunsguy

Axl just posted this on Twitlonger:

Fuck!! The NY shows were insane!! Love the free form laid back vibe n' both were completely different from r view. The fans were AMAZING!! John (Varvatos) was really great! And to keep CBGB's rockin'?! Badass!! Goin' into Rose Bar was rough on some. Lotta best left memories from the old hotel. The gig helped w/some o' those. Felt really good on stage. (We actually "LIKE" playing together n' I absolutely agree some things should b a lot less complicated than others made them in the past that's why we're together n' other's by their own accord ain't here.) We all had a great time, it was a madhouse!! Thanks to everyone who came out n' those who helped put 'em 2gether. Good to have a short break n' gear up 4 South America. I LOVE NY!!

On another note Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee n' we're off to a fun start. Big welcomes! It's nice to have the support!!

original posting:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=157169&view=findpost&p=2599982 credit to user Rock_And_Roll_Over

link for full tweet:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9jp8d

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think is meant by this;

"Lotta best left memories from the old hotel."

?

Probably the old "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", though worded differently. Don't think we're supposed to read too much into that. Maybe some memories from the old days of good times that he'd rather "leave at the hotel" so to speak.

what happened to azoff?

He realized a reunion (and the monster payday that would have been associated with it) wasn't happening. Making big reunions happen has made him a rich man, and I suspect his interest in GNR fell precipitously when he realized it wasn't happening as there is no where near the money in managing new GNR as there would have been managing reunited GNR.

So Axl had one of the best managers in the biz and the guy is runs ticketmaster and Axl cuts ties with him for this Doc guy.

Doc is a yesman, and Az was not, that is why Az is gone.

Hopefully he did not burn any bridges, so he can get gigs in the US.

Edited by gnr-dave

what happened to azoff?

He realized a reunion (and the monster payday that would have been associated with it) wasn't happening. Making big reunions happen has made him a rich man, and I suspect his interest in GNR fell precipitously when he realized it wasn't happening as there is no where near the money in managing new GNR as there would have been managing reunited GNR.

No one has any idea what exactly led to the split. But, that may be a fair guess. Who knows? We never will until we hear a comment from either side and that hasn't happened yet.

Ali