I just had a revelation

bacardimayne

With all the bullshit that's been happening in the New GNR world lately, I've come to a startling realization. I simply do not fucking care about this band anymore. Nothing interesting has happened on the tour since early South America. Every setlist is exactly the same, and the performances of the songs that do have the privilege of being ON the setlist are vastly inferior to the Asia/Canada show bootlegs. I'll pay a bit of attention to the Reading/Leeds festivals, but honestly they're both just going to be the same old 16 song setlists with absolutely nothing interesting or different happening all show. After these two festivals, I don't see myself even checking the videos for anything until they play a proshot concert.

Top that off with the overall current state of the band. Everything about it is just a lackluster effort. According to what I've heard about the Sturgis show, Axl sounded terrible, Bumblefoot left the stage for 5 songs in a row and Frank messed up constantly. At this rate, Bumblefoot is definitely going to be gone by the end of 2010. Who can they replace him with? I honestly think they're just going to roll with Ashba and Fortus when this happens, and that will be a truly pathetic sight, completely unworthy of my attention.

The icing on the icing of the cake is this whole Twitter bullshit that happened today. After looking it over it's pretty fucking clear that Axl just had a moment where he just decided he didn't feel like touring anymore, and canceled the entire thing. The other members and the camp couldn't believe what they saw, so they tried to cover it up with their tweets. I'm pretty confident that the rest of the tour will still happen, but they're just going to be mailing it in.

Now with all of this said, no, I still do not want a reunion. It would definitely be better than the bullshit going on now, but it would also cancel out any slight hope we have of ever getting our hands on the unreleased Bucket stuff. I want to hear that, so until I do, I don't want a reunion.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, honnestly, right now, I just want a confirmation.

If Ron is out, I won't care anymore either. Because let's be honnest, I only cared about him, Bucket, Robin, and Brain ( most of whom are gone ) to begin with.

Axl can have his reunion for all I care.

I have just wasted 500 bucks in this trainwreck if it's true.

Understandable, but how many times have we the fans gone through this before? Next time they put on a kick ass show we forget what happened before. During the past years G N' R has gone through a lot of ups and downs but what don't kills you only makes you stronger;

Understandable, but how many times have we the fans gone through this before? Next time they put on a kick ass show we forget what happened before. During the past years G N' R has gone through a lot of ups and downs but what don't kills you only makes you stronger;

I don't see them putting on a kickass show with a Bumblefoot who doesn't give a fuck or an Ashba-Fortus tandem.

Come on peope you can't seriously believe Axl canceled ALL the shows? He might have got away with the US tour 8 years ago but there's no way he can just cancel the huge upcoming European tour! No way, I can't believe he'd do that, especially when it seems to go so well with Ashba. I'm sure Bumblefoot would never leave GNR before or during a tour. They'll tour, the twitter account was used by someone else, end of

As for the "same setlists", tell me about this, I went to two shows in Norway which had the exact same setlist,so what? The show was fucking awesome!Axl sang a lot better than what i heard on the asian bootlegs and Ashba got better as well on most solos, not talking about the rest of the band who kick ass.

Just stop following every damn setlist and who knows, you might be surprised, GNR brought more variations and twists in their setlists in the last 8 months than Muse (supposedly the best live act) in 4 years so there's no need to bash.

GNR are coming to Europe in 2 WEEKS!!!

I don't see them putting on a kickass show with a Bumblefoot who doesn't give a fuck or an Ashba-Fortus tandem.

Just wait and see what the futures brings to us. This was only the 2nd time during all the shows they did that Ron got an issue with the late start of the show and imo he is right to do so. All they have to do now is clear things up and start working as a band.

Just wait and see what the futures brings to us. This was only the 2nd time during all the shows they did that Ron got an issue with the late start of the show and imo he is right to do so. All they have to do now is clear things up and start working as a band.

But the lateness wasn't Axl. There was another problem at the venue.

I think the drama is what keeps this (by which I mean predominately this forum) fanbase going. If it was a normal band with normal schedules and w/e it would be a happier kind of thing, but it ain't. The fact that we sometimes get a fucked up decision or a controversial whatever is the only thing that keeps a lot of us here, because lets face it, it's not really a band that it full of vitality...at least when the tours aren't on.

Well, I'm pretty much broke if it's true so I can tell you the atmosphere is pretty gloomy from where I stand.

"IF" ?????????????????????

management confirmed NO shows are cancelled and BBF confirmed he nor anyone else has left the band.....

What happened with Bumblefoot? Did I miss something?

I think it was during the middle of sorry he just walked off stage and didnt return for about 5 songs. If you look at the setlist, that will prove he was not on stage, because those are all DJ based guitar songs (or he played all the solos).

What happened with Bumblefoot? Did I miss something?

He got a bit pissed about the late start of the show and didn't performed during 5 songs.

Well, if all this bs is true, perhaps Axl should reconsider his routines. I just saw the jungle clip where bumblefoot point on his watch towards the audience. If Axl always is late, there is a huge chance that someone in the band will be fed up sooner or later..especially after a year or two, and in this way we'll never get a video or any CD's done since the lineup change like every two years. COMMON AXL. I want the whole world to see that you still rock, but keep the band together and put an awesome video or 3 out rock2

Ok... I Personaly quote every messsage that has been sent to this topic and transform them into my post.

Axl's lack of dedication for fans is horrible/none.

Axl and his new band should reconsider.

If it wasn't true about the hack or another shitty scheme on all this crap, i don't care.

If BBF's out, I'm out. BBF is the only one left with the Rn'R spirit, so...