Current members solo gigs and guest performances thread

gunsguy

162976_1563499326370_1201957667_31335992_6886767_n.jpg

Sami Yaffa, Richard Fortus, Rob Carlisle and Frank Ferrer bring you The Compulsions

at Don Hill's in NYC on Saturday Jan 8th 2011

[Featuring Compulsions founder and front man Rob Carlyle with Richard Fortus (Guns N' Roses) on guitar, Sami Yaffa (Michael Monroe, NY Dolls) on bass and Frank Ferrer (Guns N' Roses) on drums. Admission: $10. No guest list. Doors open 8:30, Stoned Fire 9:30, Compulsions 11:00. 21+ with valid ID to enter. Filming, photography and taping are allowed. Call the venue at (212)219-2850 for more info.]

-----------------------

167638_492915259213_701824213_5730634_3779865_n.jpg

Dj Ashba will be performing the National Anthem

Monster Energy AMA Supercross @ Angel Stadium of Anaheim Saturday Jan 8th 2011

[Tickets available at the Angel Stadium Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000.]

-----------------------

Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal to appear on Vigier’s NAMM booth

Vigier Guitars has revealed that Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal will be making a special appearance on its stand at NAMM.

Ron recently completed the Guns N’ Roses Chinese Democracy Tour with the help of a Vigier Excalibur Bfoot signature model, which incorporates a unique, specially crafted Vigier double neck and stunning Vigier G.V. Wood construction.

The manufacturer will also be displaying a special edition of its G.V. model, a guitar that has been a revelation in single cut design since its introduction in 2009. This highly exclusive guitar features a mahogany back and neck and a flamed maple top. With there being such a small supply of this special mahogany available from Central America, this is a very rare G.V. indeed.

To sample all of the above, as well as the rest of the Vigier offering, visit booth number 4762.

Winter NAMM 2011

Anaheim, CA, USA

13th - 16th January 2011

Anaheim Convention Center

Hall C, Booth #4762

The NAMM show is one of the largest music product trade shows in the world.

NAMM show is **NOT** open to the public. The only attendees are NAMM member companies and their invited guests.

Welcome to the Jungle Fresh from Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy world tour, Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal is back in the US and will be making a very special appearance every day at 2:00 on the Vigier booth.

For more info: http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2011/

----------------------------

Check out Tommy Stinson

Thurs., Feb. 17 2011- Arlington, VA at IOTA w/ Mike Gent (The Figgs)

8:30PM $15.00

http://www.iotaclubandcafe.com/

/

Fri, February 18, 2011 9:00 PM North Star Bar Philadelphia, PA

$8.00 - $10.00 21 and Over

Sat., Feb. 19 2011 - New York, NY at City Winery w/ Jesse Malin

TICKETS

* Bar Stools $15.00

* Reserved Tables $20.00

* Reserved Best Tables $25.00

* VIP Tables $25.00

/

Sun., Feb. 20 2011 - Boston, MA at The Church w/ Mike Gent

Door 8pm/All Ages

Cover $12

* 10:00 - Tommy Stinson

* 9:00 - Mike Gent

$10 in advance, $12 day of

This show is 18+/21+ to drink

for more info on the Church gig follow http://www.churchofboston.com/club.php?m=2011-02#el_20

-----------------------

Edited by gunsguy

Sami Yaffa, Richard Fortus, Rob Carlisle and Frank Ferrer bring you The Compulsions

at Don Hill's in NYC on Saturday Jan 8th 2011

-----------------------

Dj Ashba will be performing the National Anthem

Monster Energy AMA Supercross @ Angel Stadium of Anaheim Saturday Jan 8th 2011

-----------------------

Check out Tommy Stinson

Thurs., Feb. 17 2011- Arlington, VA at IOTA w/ Mike Gent (The Figgs)

Sat., Feb. 19 2011 - New York, NY at City Winery w/ Jesse Malin

Sun., Feb. 20 2011 - Boston, MA at The Church w/ Mike Gent

-----------------------

Safe to say the US tour will not be starting in Feb, hopefully shortly after though..

Guest gunns5

Command(CTRL)+Find "Bumblefoot"

"Phrase(Match) not found"

<_<

hes enjoying some down time over January, not sure 'bout feb though

Edited by gunns5

Command(CTRL)+Find "Bumblefoot"

"Phrase(Match) not found"

<_<

hes enjoying some down time over January, not sure 'bout feb though

It's not really downtime. He's recording some tracks to release and he's probably doing a bunch of shit for that app.

DJ might...

Bumble, 4tus and Frank, I really doubt it...

I still doubt it. I think news will come either from Axl, or from his manager/record label, as it did when Chidem was about to hit. Although this time around it could be different. I sure hope we hear something sooner than later.

I wouldn't be surprised if Richard, Frank or DJ drop some GNR album info at some of their upcoming gigs. Maybe mention some of the track titles or the concept behind the song.

Yeah, but let's hope they don't contradict each other this time.

I think the only reason that happened a couple months ago was because DJ accidentally let out some info a little pre-maturely (which was likely true). Axl asked BBF to try and quiet down the media speculation by commenting that "nothing new was on the horizon". It would be like Axl to want to susprise the fans. My guess is there will be a new album late winter 2011 with a lead off single dropping no later than next Friday (1/14).

If its true i'l give you $50 US

I wouldn't be surprised if Richard, Frank or DJ drop some GNR album info at some of their upcoming gigs. Maybe mention some of the track titles or the concept behind the song.

I think the only reason that happened a couple months ago was because DJ accidentally let out some info a little pre-maturely (which was likely true). Axl asked BBF to try and quiet down the media speculation by commenting that "nothing new was on the horizon". It would be like Axl to want to susprise the fans. My guess is there will be a new album late winter 2011 with a lead off single dropping no later than next Friday (1/14).

Could you make that Euros??..worth more.

So an album is supposed to come out in winter, yet there will be a single out within a week? No chance.

Just so no one gets confused there is no, none, zero information about an album or a single coming out anytime soon. MSL is not a source for that info

Could you make that Euros??..worth more.

Bro I'll make it English pounds if we get a single anytime January 2011!

Stinson solo dates in February?

There goes the US tour.

have faith

someone with ability to record TV please record DJ Ashba Speed channel 10pm EST

Cotis from HTGTH is recording with permission audio and video in NYC of the Compulsions

here is Dj Ashba "Warming Up"

10zpksw.jpg

Edited by gunsguy

/another pointless thread..

if your not interested do not post in the thread, over 1000 views on this thread shows otherwise

Here is a song in full HD from user Cotis at HTGTH video

"I Was Right, You Were Wrong"

Edited by gunsguy

/another pointless thread..

if your not interested do not post in the thread, over 1000 views on this thread shows otherwise

Here is a song in full HD from user Cotis at HTGTH soundboard audio mixed with video

"I Was Right, You Were Wrong"

Thanks for the post! Was just coming over here to do so.

The audio is NOT sound-board however - my mics were placed NEAR the soundboard, recording to my Edirol. Wish I had a line-in to the SBD but forgot that part of my gear. :angry:

Came out awesome, here are some pics from the show.

5339724676_4dfd5360b6.jpg

Richard Fortus & Rob Carlyle by cotisz, on Flickr

5339719188_2af658b020.jpg

Richard Fortus (L), Rob Carlyle ©, Frank Ferrer (B ), Sami Yaffa ® by cotisz, on Flickr

Most of the video is up, waiting on two more to process.

http://www.youtube.com/cotiszwarych

Audio is a matrix (combination) of the camcorder audio and the external source, came out a little heavy and will edit that before the DVD is shared, and before the CD is shared.

Pictures are available at the following link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/cotisz/

Enjoy! I had a lot of fun doing this, and really hope to be able to do it again.