Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2011???

Mike Honcho

South American Tour 2011

October 2nd

rockinriox.jpg

City: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Venue: Cidade do Rock [100,000 people - SOLD OUT]

+ LIVE STREAM!

October 5th

800px-movistar_arena_4.jpg

City: Santiago, Chile

Venue: Movistar Arena [15,000 people]

Status: Confirmed by Promoter (T4F) and Ticket Agency (Ticketmaster)

Tickets pre-sale starting on June 18th.

October 8th

800px-Estadiociudaddelaplata.jpg

City: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Venue: Estadio Ciudad de La Plata [60,000 people]

Status: Confirmed by Promoter (T4F) and Ticket Agency (Ticketek)

BUY TICKETS!

Thanks to Manets for his beautiful post on page 4. :kiss:

Hey guys I just woke up and heard on the radio that GN'R had confirmed a date in Chile for October 5, 3 days after RIR and that more dates were yet to come...

ANY FUCKIN NEWS ON THIS????????

(It also appeared on the news)

Edited by Mike Honcho

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

Are you happy now sillicon?

Yes I am very happy!

This cannot mean anything else but a new album in august/september, because I cannot see them go on another round of AFD/CD tour.

So, yes. I am fucking happy, and I think people should be!!!

The countdown to CD 2 better start right fucking now!

Yeah!

(But if this turns out to be just another AFD-cash-grab without any release, I will bury my guns forever.)

Edited by siliconmessiah

Are you happy now sillicon?

Yes I am very happy!

This cannot mean anything else but a new album in august/september, because I cannot see them go on another round of AFD/CD tour.

So, yes. I am fucking happy, and I think people should be!!!

The countdown to CD 2 better start right fucking now!

Yeah!

Silicon, you and I have similar views about current Guns N' Roses, but I implore you not to get your hopes up on a new album this year. For all we know it could be another tour and that's it. It could accommodate a re-release of Chinese Democracy with a few or no new tracks. Nothing has been implied about a new album...

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It would appear Axl is applying his initial "Chinese Democracy" intention to either a re-release or new album.

R&P:

Why are you here? It is a surprise for us that you are in our city.

Axl:

I wanted to play here, I wanted to play here and in Chile but it didn't work out. Since I was in Brazil, I still wanted to come to Argentina, keeping in mind that so much time had passed since we were here. I simply wanted to come to feel Argentina.

Guest siliconmessiah

A re-release would be fucking stupid. They played Chinese Democracy since 2006.

Bring on the new guns!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

A re-release would be fucking stupid.

I don't advocate a "re-release" (in the fourteen track, corrected booklet sense); but there's a significant possibility a re-release may entail a bolstering in terms of tracks (I can absolutely see Axl using the concept of a re-release to advantage both "Chinese Democracy" and "the best of the rest").

Guest siliconmessiah

I don't advocate a "re-release" (in the fourteen track, corrected booklet sense); but there's a significant possibility a re-release may entail a bolstering in terms of tracks (I can absolutely see Axl using the concept of a re-release to advantage both "Chinese Democracy" and "the best of the rest").

Another CD/AFD tour (or re-release of the album for that matter) would be another piss in the face of the hardcore fanbase, and will also show that the current lineup is nothing but Axl´s sheep.

That is my point and my view on the subject.

This new Guns must be able to build on the legacy instead of just covering covers.

A new album in september/october and a south american tour would be awesome!!

Anything else would be just 2006 once again...=/

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Another CD/AFD tour (or re-release of the album for that matter) would be another piss in the face of the hardcore fanbase, and will also show that the current lineup is nothing but Axl´s sheep.

No because a re-release would more than likely entail a DVD as well as six to eight bonus songs. The reality is it would be a smart move as any remaining "Chinese Democracy" potential could be exploited and Axl could close the "Chinese Democracy" chapter for good with "the best of the rest" (thus enabling work on a new album to begin).

This new Guns must be able to build on the legacy instead of just covering covers.

Hahahaha, it's been that way since about 1998 bro!!

On a serious note. A new album in 2011 is most likely not going to happen. If we do get a re-release, it will probably come with at least one new song, which will tide me over for a while. But a new album?!? I really really doubt it will happen this soon. Just wait a little while longer brother. There are other things in life that are much more rewarding than Guns N' Roses. I love the music on Chidem more than any other album or collection of songs I have ever heard, but I fill my time with work, playing guitar, buying nice guitar gear, playing new innovative videogames, going overseas, going out to a nightclub on the odd occasion, learning keyboards etc etc. You will find it much more entertaining and fulfilling than placing so much emphasis on one dysfunctional band's music. Really, I have been where you are, it is not fun, there is a better way.

Edited by Young_Gun

Guest gunns5

Hahahaha, it's been that way since about 1998 bro!!

this is guns wake up n' smell the roses lol

Edited by gunns5

I can't wait anymore for Rock in Rio, pretty sure it's going to be the best day of my life. I'm just glad people from South America are getting Gn'R to play here again, they ignored us in 2002 and 2006.

Edited by marlon_brando15

The people from T4F (the guys from the 2010 SA tour) are about to announce a date in Argentina in the next days/week, they announced a long time ago on twitter and now again

"cburgueno carlos burgueño

Ultimas noticias sobre el Unico de la Plata y los recitales. Está por confirmarse para octubre Rod Stewart. Y después G&R. Paciencia.

hace 20 horas"

"Latest news about the Unic stadium of la Plata and the shows. Its about to get confirmed Rod Stewart in october. And then GnR. Patience"

so, lets wait =)

Aerosmith will play there in october, u2 played few months ago, its going to be awesome =)

Wish they could record something like "ACDC live at RIVER PLATE" QQ

Guest siliconmessiah

random thought, but do you think they needed more footage for the South America tour doc?

Probably.

wenn8211611.jpg

Guest siliconmessiah

Brrrrr. Rumors can be so chilly sometimes. At least this WTTJ cover by @2Cellos is hot

Is the latest Guns N' Roses update on facebook. Nice pun on Chile there eh? eh?

Edited by Guest

Brrrrr. Rumors can be so chilly sometimes. At least this WTTJ cover by @2Cellos is hot

indeed, awaiting confirmation from the camp

the gnr account on twitter just stole ur pun!

Edited by lbo