Got a whole whack of shit

KBear

Hey:

I bought some stuff off ebay and I'd like to know if these are good buys...specifically whether there are different versions of some of these shows/discs and whether I've got good or bad versions from what you guys can tell on these ebay pages. These are the versions that I got:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Guns-N-Roses-Live-2-CD-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Guns-n-Roses-Rumbo-Tape...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Guns-N-Roses-Live-at-Ri...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Guns-N-Roses-Rare-Booze...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Guns-N-Roses-CD-Unwante...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Guns-N-Roses-2001-Chine...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got the Rio DVD so far (others haven't arrived yet). Watched only The Blues and Patience. The camera angles are pretty good (if I'm not mistaken this was filmed for TV down there) but the picture is a bit grainy and I'm a little disappointed in the sound quality. Specifically Boston and Pittsburgh soundboards sound a fair bit better, which sort of surprised me if it was actually filmed for TV. I know the audio of The Blues that I downloaded off the net a while back is exactly the same as what's on the DVD. Are there any other versions out there, or is there only one? Don't get me wrong, it ain't bad, just not what I'd call A+.

Your comments are much appreciated!

Edited by KBear

So just look for versions that say Gen 1, or whichever Gen is highest? Some don't say though...like, which Leeds 2002 would you get? Or which Ritz '88. For that one the echobat version looks best to me, but then again it looks like the songs aren't even in the right order on that version (I don't think KOHD was played last).

How much better do you think the version of Rio you posted is compared to the one I got? Would the difference be large? I do notice that that version seems more complete.

Don't mean to pester you, just want to learn. :book::)

Edited by KBear

Holy shit dude...take a wild guess who the winning bidder on that was...

yeah, me...

small world :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. I haven't got mine yet but I imagine it'll come early this week. It seems like there's only one DVD for St. Louis, so I know I got the good one! :lol:

Guest gnr>everything

yeah, me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. I haven't got mine yet but I imagine it'll come early this week. It seems like there's only one DVD for St. Louis, so I know I got the good one! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You probably outbid me on that before, cause he's posted that a few times and I always got outbid...

anyways yeah the St. Louis one should be good, which is the real reason I bought it...the Ritz was just a bonus

yeah, me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You probably outbid me on that before, cause he's posted that a few times and I always got outbid...

anyways yeah the St. Louis one should be good, which is the real reason I bought it...the Ritz was just a bonus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went and checked and yeah I did outbid you. Sorry about that...but I paid US$22 for mine, you paid only $13.55. I guess you did pretty good! Anyways, it's GN'R...if these are good DVDs then it's money well spent in my books.

Guest gnr>everything

yeah, me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went and checked and yeah I did outbid you. Sorry about that...but I paid US$22 for mine, you paid only $13.55. I guess you did pretty good! Anyways, it's GN'R...if these are good DVDs then it's money well spent in my books.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Well in that case, thanks for outbidding me!

But yeah, if they're good I'm glad I spent the money :book:

Guest gnr>everything
You probably could've downloaded everything you just bought, over at Bootlegs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but I don't have a DVD burner and am not gonna leave all those videos on my computer...but hopefully I'll be getting a DVD burner around Christmas, and then I'll get them from bootlegs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but I don't have a DVD burner and am not gonna leave all those videos on my computer...but hopefully I'll be getting a DVD burner around Christmas, and then I'll get them from bootlegs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is bootlegs? Anyone got a link?

BTW, I know a lot of this stuff is downloadable but I too do not have a DVD burner. And I wanted to see if the stuff off ebay is exactly the same as what you can download (the quality, and if you actually get a CD with an insert or booklet...rather than just downloading some files with none of that).

Just getting into this hobby (for lack of a better word) so I just want to see what the options are.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, I know a lot of this stuff is downloadable but I too do not have a DVD burner. And I wanted to see if the stuff off ebay is exactly the same as what you can download (the quality, and if you actually get a CD with an insert or booklet...rather than just downloading some files with none of that).

Just getting into this hobby (for lack of a better word) so I just want to see what the options are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bootlegs

But yeah, it's hit or miss with what you actually get sent when you win one on eBay. For my Paris DVD, it came in a case with artwork on a nice cardstock thing which they use for real covers, but then with the Chicago DVD all I got was 2 DVD-Rs in an envelope without a case or artwork or anything. You can print out the artwork from GN'R CD Covers, but I don't have the type of printer or paper to make it look like a real cover.

Also, unless the videos you download are specified as DVD rips, the quality won't usually be anything like the quality of the actual DVD rock3

Edited by gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bootlegs

But yeah, it's hit or miss with what you actually get sent when you win one on eBay. For my Paris DVD, it came in a case with artwork on a nice cardstock thing which they use for real covers, but then with the Chicago DVD all I got was 2 DVD-Rs in an envelope without a case or artwork or anything. You can print out the artwork from GN'R CD Covers, but I don't have the type of printer or paper to make it look like a real cover.

Also, unless the videos you download are specified as DVD rips, the quality won't usually be anything like the quality of the actual DVD rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The DVDs came yesterday. Both Ritz and St. Louis came with cases and artwork, the DVDs even have artwork on them (looks like a sticker). My DVDs were actually a bit scratched...I think because they fell out of the clips and must have been sliding around. So the case used was pretty cheap and even the plastic was ripped in one section on the St. Louis DVD case, but the DVDs seem to work flawlessly...I just made sure they ran okay on my DVD player and watched a few minutes to check out the quality. The Ritz recording is flawless, great sound and camera work. I know it was filmed for MTV so that should be expected. Fantastic though...even has a really nice menu...and from what I saw this is probably one of GN'Rs finest performances. Watched a minute or so of Nightrain...Axl sounded amazing.

St. Louis the quality of the camera work looks really good, but the sound is a bit muffled. But all in all I'd say it's not bad.

I got Rumbo Tapes and Make My Day as well...everything looks good with those. CDs are not scratched at all and they work (although they are really thin and flimsy...these seem like cheap CD-Rs although they sound okay and after all these are demos, not high quality studio tracks). Got artwork too but it's printed on normal paper, not glossy. A bit shabby. I'll do my own artwork for both CDs and DVDs printed on glossy paper, burn them to better quality discs, and get new cases so it will look more professional. I have a bit of a hang up when it comes to stuff like this...everything has to be clean and perfect. I've got a cheap all in one Lexmark which is supposed to be able to print nice pictures, but I've never tried it before.

Thanks for the link to the covers page...sucks that it seems the site is coming down soon.

Guest gnr>everything

Good to hear. :)

My DVDs should be here in just a few days...that's awesome he even printed artwork onto the discs rock3

I bet a lot of people, even if they had the machine that prints DVD labels wouldn't print them out on all the discs they sell...

One thing, do you know if the Ritz is the censored or uncensored one?

Good to hear. :)

My DVDs should be here in just a few days...that's awesome he even printed artwork onto the discs rock3

I bet a lot of people, even if they had the machine that prints DVD labels wouldn't print them out on all the discs they sell...

One thing, do you know if the Ritz is the censored or uncensored one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure...do you mean they cut out the swearing? Actually, now that you mention it I listened to Brownstone a bit as well and Axl sings, "worrying's a waste of my...time". I think he usually swears on that line but not here. It didn't sound edited out but it could have been - I didn't listen very closely. He doesn't swear at that point in the studio version so maybe that's the way he sung it here.

This is the version:

http://dvd.gnr.gr/dvd's/1988/02.02.198...A,(Unknown).htm

I guess it's not the best one for this show but I think they are all probably really good quality.

Guest gnr>everything
Watched it last night...it's definitely the censored version.  Lots of bleeping during It's So Easy.  <_<  But all in all it's very good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn...a great show nonetheless

Guest gnr>everything
dvd ripp into a mpg file

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right, but how do I burn it onto a cd is what I was asking...

Nick sent me the link to the Nero VCD burner thing anyways though...