Could this be a new song?

axlskAmpf

I was listening to the Albany NY version of November Rain, 2002, and here's my question. After The A-Hole song, after the Mozart-esque piano run, at precisely 3:16 on the counter he starts playing a beautiful piece. I just learned it on my piano, for the musicians out there it's a C#- B progression. It's quite structured, as in a full verse.

For those who have heard it, do you think this is possibly something yet to come, as in on the new album? I just have a feeling we may hear this again "soon". It's really pretty and sad, rings no familiar bell, and is quite Axl-like.

I think you are right. Ignore the Matt Sorum's who posted their ignoramus replies. "Dude, whats with the piano?".

An awful lot of the intros/solos from the previous new-lineup tours could be pieces of music from the album. Some of them are beautifully constructed and performed the same all the time, which suggests they aren't just them playing about.

Axl's piano solo was one example, as was Finck's wandering solo at the start of Sweet Child.

There was one show in particular where as Finck is playing his little ditty, Fortus is air-strumming his guitar as if timing his entrance.

Perhaps they were simply additional intros added to add a little variety to the old songs, but there is no reason why they couldn't be what you suggested. Finck's could easily be a solo intro to a song and as you point out, it would be easy to imagine a rock song being played over what Axl was playing.

Edited by busngabb

There's a very structured piano piece Axl plays before November Rain in a UYI concert. I believe it was oklahoma...maybe chicago....Anyway..for the stupid ppl, it wasn't dust in the wind, it's alright etc....it sounded really sad...and I was thinking it was "This I Love"...which is supposed to be, I quote 1991 RIP magazine: "emotionally, the heaviest song [axl] has written to date."

I think you are right. Ignore the Matt Sorum's who posted their ignoramus replies. "Dude, whats with the piano?".

I don't see that quote, so it's easy to ignore. To answer the proposed question though, yes, I play guitar and piano, and can tear both up pretty well, made a record once, yada yada. So what of it?

I stand by my thought that this is something he either wrote and never recorded, or it's recorded and coming, or it's recorded and will not be on the album. The guy has an entire careers worth of catalog that will probably never be heard. 11 years of vaulted material, we will only hear 12-14 songs...someday!