THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES

Mikko

Have you guys seen this one..

Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week — presumably as the replacement for Buckethead, who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Craig expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew."

Craig's THE ALIEN BLAKK project, which also features contributions from former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM drummer Craig Nielsen, will release its debut album, entitled "Modes of Alienation", in the U.S. on April 25. The CD is described as "a frenetic mix of FRANK ZAPPA meets MESHUGGAH with a hint of GUNS N' ROSES." The styles range from metal, latin-jazz, country, rock, classical then back to a wall of acoustically composed arrangements. All music on "Modes of Alienation" was produced, written, arranged and recorded in three diffrent locations by Joshua Craig and was mixed at Steve Vai's The Mothership recording studio.

For more information, visit www.thealienblakk.com.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek.

source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=51210

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know anything about this guy? What's his style? Does he shread?

Oh, by the way, WHAT THE FUCK ARE AUDITIONS JUST STARTING FOR? A month before the tour? Are you kidding me?! I don't even think he can learn all the songs in such a short time!

Really hope i'm wrong though! rock4

Didn`t Gilby join GNR just weeks before they hit the road? :book:

He talked about how he just got some weeks to learn all their tracks... before they got on the road back in the days..... :book:

well...... :book:

there goes that reunion......... :P

:book:

This rules absolutely any possiblity of slash and Izzy returning to GNr. Finally that rumour is put to rest.

LOL - how do you figure? Because Axl is always so honest with his fans and bandmates? :rofl-lol:

Maybe this is just a smokescreen.

He talked about how he just got some weeks to learn all their tracks... before they got on the road back in the days..... :book:

Yeah, I was thinking about that too.. Gilby did join GNR just couple weeks before they started touring.. :)

Yeah, I was thinking about that too.. Gilby did join GNR just couple weeks before they started touring.. :)

Yeah, but he was just playing Izzy's parts, which you couldn't hear on either of the UYI albums for the most part anyway, so he really only had to learn AFD and a couple tunes off of Lies.

I guess it would depend on what role they had in mind for this guy.

gilby joined gn'r days before going on stage because they had a solid foundation (matt, duff, slash), this could be the same case, thay just need a rythm guy ala gilby because they have the "solid foundation" back on track

Edited by pomponio

Jesus Christ, why couldn't they do this in 2005? The damn tour starts a little under a month from now. :scared: The Gilby thing makes me feel a little better though...

Ahh, I just hope Axl gets this situation under control and get's a good reliable guy, real fast, if thats the current plan.

Edited by LAMER

imo he is better than buckethead. i really like this podolsky guy :)

Better than Buckethead? Are you on crack? You could count the guitarists better than Bucket with one hand.

I agree. He's fast but his playing is generic-it sounds like old Kirk Hammet without the soul.