Differences in New Songs

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

Just a thread to note if any changes were made in any new songs...I just listened to The Blues and Axl took out that powerful opening surge, now it's just a softer piano ballad in the beginning. Any other differences? I thought Madagascar sounded a bit different but it's hard to tell with such a poor quality bootleg.

TWAT has a new "choir"-style opening before it launches into the intro. It also has a darker edge to the "It was a long time for you" bit - sounds like heavier guitar chords during this bit. Sounds BETTER live! Never would have thought it.

I cannot wait for a good quality bootleg of this performance!!

Just a thread to note if any changes were made in any new songs...I just listened to The Blues and Axl took out that powerful opening surge.

Too bad, I liked that opening more.

Guest JohnUlmer
The one that struck me the most was CD! Very different! The huge intro and outro. It rocks!

Agreed. It's got what it takes now to be one of the best rock songs if it comes out I think. It's really catchy. And Axl's new vocal edge gives it a catchy sound. I always liked the song but felt it was too short and the intro could have been improved.

The one that struck me the most was CD! Very different! The huge intro and outro. It rocks!

Agreed. It's got what it takes now to be one of the best rock songs if it comes out I think. It's really catchy. And Axl's new vocal edge gives it a catchy sound. I always liked the song but felt it was too short and the intro could have been improved.

Thirded.

Thirded.

Fourthed rock3

(is that even a word?)

Guest JohnUlmer

Holy shit...I.R.S. sounded amazing! I wouldn't have known it wasn't Axl from the UYI days, sounds like classic Axl.

The new songs are so much better now. I hope people can forget all about the 2002 performances after hearing this show and reading about how great it was. Axl's voice is back to the Illusion style and I love it. By far and wide the most improved was CD. Before it was just an okay rock song, now it is a BADASS rock song. Goddamn bring on the album!!!!

Yeah I heard some significant differences in the songs.

1) Chinese Democracy - The intro of that is completely badass now. Was it just me or did Axl come into the vocals at a different stage? Perhaps it was intended, with the large difference in the song now I struggle to think it would be a mistake.

2) IRS - There is a solo just after the first verse of the song, which is not there on the studio version. I pretty much think they have extended that song. I also liked how they started it on a cow bell. Brain is awesome.

3) Madagascar - The drum beat is different. Everyone says it seems a tad heavier but I'm certain it's the way the drums are laid out. Awesome, Axl always nailed that song.

4) There Was A Time - At the start of this song, I was pretty sure I heard synthesisers, which are not on the record. I couldn't hear the piano intro because of the poor quality. I laugh out of exasperation at the guys singing along and drowning out Axl... but who can blame them?

5) The Blues - I think everyone noticed the drums didn't kick in like they used to. But rather when Axl begins to sing ''All the love in the world couldn't save you''. It still rules.

I really want to hear a good quality version of the show. I'm sure we will hear at least one of them in good quality.

it's hard to tell..........all I hear is a guy doing karaoke.

Who ever record this shit......why cant they fucking shut up? we need to hear Axl, not you idiots!

Hope there is a soundboard to this shows!

I second that!! He was pretty annoying!!