How do you felt in love with Guns N' Roses

Desilusioned

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard them for the first time back in 1991, when I had to stay with my cousin, because I was too young to stay alone at home...First gig live was at nijmegen in 1993....

But comparing 90's with 2006...Guns N' Roses Rocks"Better" Than Ever Before...

Ron, Robin, Richard, Dizzy,Chris, Tommy, Brain, Frank, Axl

Thank you

There's a similar post going on right now, but I don't want to know what atracts you to GN'R!

I want to know what was the song the moment, that made you said that this band was awsome, and made you search more about Guns N' Roses!

In my case, I heard to Civil War and Knockin' on Heaven's Door on my uncle's car, I felt in love. When I arrived home I started to download all GN'R stuff and buy CD's, etc!

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses Forever!

kohd for sure, the vocals are killer, went and brought all guns cds after hearing it the first time...

Rock On Gunners!

HAha, this is a weird story...

So about 3 years ago, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio and just fucking flipped out--craziest shit I'd ever heard (I grew up in a very musically conservative household--my asian father listens to Motown and acid rock and mother likes opera.) So I fell in love with Nirvana, and you know, Kurt hated Guns N' Roses so of course, being the impressionable idiot I was, I was like GnR sucks.

Flashforward about a year and 5 Nirvana albums later.

I was playing this little internet flash game called Power Fox and the first thing you fight is this big toad in Brazil. The background music hits and this high-pitched, venomous bad ass shrieks "Welcome to the Jungle" and my heart about stops as I get my ass kicked by the toad because I'm listening to the song. I look it up, and it's by those evil talentless fuckers that Kurt hates.

I listen to all of it, and then get the next song I see: "Estranged"

Estranged begins playing.

I decide that Kurt has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

I download a song called "November Rain. It is the most beautiful fuckign thing I have ever heard.

I never looked back from that moment.

:rofl-lol:

HAha, this is a weird story...

So about 3 years ago, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio and just fucking flipped out--craziest shit I'd ever heard (I grew up in a very musically conservative household--my asian father listens to Motown and acid rock and mother likes opera.) So I fell in love with Nirvana, and you know, Kurt hated Guns N' Roses so of course, being the impressionable idiot I was, I was like GnR sucks.

Flashforward about a year and 5 Nirvana albums later.

I was playing this little internet flash game called Power Fox and the first thing you fight is this big toad in Brazil. The background music hits and this high-pitched, venomous bad ass shrieks "Welcome to the Jungle" and my heart about stops as I get my ass kicked by the toad because I'm listening to the song. I look it up, and it's by those evil talentless fuckers that Kurt hates.

I listen to all of it, and then get the next song I see: "Estranged"

Estranged begins playing.

I decide that Kurt has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

I download a song called "November Rain. It is the most beautiful fuckign thing I have ever heard.

I never looked back from that moment.

i love you

i was 15 or 16 and we were all tripping on acid, i think i was peaking and all i can remember is this weird howl on the radio and thats when welcome to jungle started, my head started going, i turned it up full blast, had everybody in the park was looking at me like i was crazy, ya know i probally was.

It was when Greatest Hits was released in New Zealand (way later than everywhere else), and I heard Sweet Child O' Mine and I was like OMG I love this song!! I went in and got the CD and promptly became obsessed, and now I have all the CDs apart from Live Era '87-'93 ^_^ I am soooo in love with Axl and GN'R that it's not funny... Heh heh

I agree with the whole Kurt Cobain thing - I reckon he was just totally jealous that GN'R became the biggest band in the world and were better than Nirvana :P it's not as if I don't like Nirvana, I'm just really defensive of my GN'R.

I've liked their music for a long time but the moment I became obsessed was when they played at the Freddie Mercury Tribute at Wembley in 1992. When they started playing KOHD I just stood there transfixed watching Axl, I forgot about the other 72000 people around me and I don't think I will ever forget that moment. It was like being hit by a thunderbolt!

I didn't know or listen to the music till 1993. When "paradise city' peaked the charts in the Netherlands.

As a boy of 12 I cycled along a bbq-party in my street. They played the song very loud and i thought:

"this shit sounds great, man!!". But there was no internet and i didn't know who they were.

Listened 2 days at the radio with my cassette recorder before they played it again.

............"Now, on number 3, rockin' the charts... Paradise city of GUNS N' ROSES."...............

Best moment of my life :rolleyes:

It was around 91 or early 92 when I saw "Don't Cry" clip on musicchannel. Although I've heard AFD year before from my brother, I didn't find anything interesting yet. So yeah, the ending of that clip made me in love with this band.. I was like "WOW who's that guy with high-hat??!" Since that time, I learned to play guitar and became their fans. I'm from Indonesia and this is my first post :)

i was really big into AC/DC and didnt know alot about Guns N' Roses, acctually i have never heard a GN'R song at that point :( . Anyway my uncle came to my house and heard ACDC playing in my room, so he walked in and said said "hey i love ACDC but i know a band that is better, u'll love 'em." thne he ran to his car and got his appetite for destruction cd. He put it in my stero and instantly i fell in love with Welcome To The Jungle, and from there i fell in love with Guns N' Roses