AXL RANTS: What REALLY happened at Donnington!

highvoltage

Well, as a lot of you know, a recording from Axl's monitor mix from the Donnington show was released yesterday. For those that don't remember, his microphone stopped working during You Could Be Mine, and he walked off the stage halfway through the song, leaving the other guys to finish the track without him (bumblefoot had a go at vocals for a few lines).

Anyway, the monitor mix reveals what the audience couldn't hear - Axl walking off backstage and ranting at the crew for their screwup. Take a listen, and you'll understand why he walked off... pretty funny stuff, and it shows that the "old" Axl never really left! :lol:

Axl Ranting at Sound Crew after YCBM!

Link #2 on YSI - Thanks to Jack99

EDIT:

Also added the part where Ron sings a few lines: Bumblefoot singing - he sounds pretty good...

Bumble Singing - Yousendit, thanks jack99

Edited by highvoltage

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherry_bomb

fucking AMAZING. im so impressed with how articulate he sounded whilst ranting! not a moment of hesitation to stop and think what he's gonna say! plus ron does sound fucking awesome singing that!

dead flower - your sig is so inappropriately funny :laugh:

Wow, how cool is that?! :D

A thing that comes in my mind: Where did this sound file come from originally? Can we expect to get some monitor mix or even soundboard recordings of the songs that were played at that show from the same source?

EDIT: Oops, I should have read this thread more attentively. And thanks to highvoltage for the link!

Edited by final_touches

Wow, how cool is that?! :D

A thing that comes in my mind: Where did this sound file come from originally? Can we expect to get some monitor mix or even soundboard recordings of the songs that were played at that show from the same source?

Again, a link to the full show in this quality can be found here.

Well, as a lot of you know, a recording from Axl's monitor mix from the Donnington show was released yesterday. For those that don't remember, his microphone stopped working during You Could Be Mine, and he walked off the stage halfway through the song, leaving the other guys to finish the track without him (bumblefoot had a go at vocals for a few lines).

Anyway, the monitor mix reveals what the audience couldn't hear - Axl walking off backstage and ranting at the crew for their screwup. Take a listen, and you'll understand why he walked off... pretty funny stuff, and it shows that the "old" Axl never really left! :lol:

Axl Ranting at Sound Crew after YCBM!

Link #2 on YSI - Thanks to Jack99

EDIT:

Also added the part where Ron sings a few lines: Bumblefoot singing - he sounds pretty good...

Bumble Singing - Yousendit, thanks jack99

Thanks! :) cool