Bad Company the only band to rival Guns n' Roses

south african rocker

Bad Company's first album BADCO was a distillation and epitomy of what a great hard rock record is supposed to sound like. The album was so great that it went to no.1 in the U.S.A. The only album to rival BADCO is Appetite for Destruction, however appetite does not even come close. With Chinese Democracy Axl Rose and the gunners will need to make an album as good or better than BADCO, then they will be the greatest hard rock band ever! Anybody who has not listened to this album is missing out alot in life. Slash is aso good friends with Paul Rodgers the lead singer and has stated many times before that Bad Company was a, 'staple of his rock n' roll diet so to speak'. Guns n' roses have to ensure that their record will be a stimeless as BADCO in order to win over a whole new legion of fans. The less is more approach should definately be applied to the new album. We just have to hope now.

Bad who?

Paul Rodger's (Free, Queen + Paul Rodgers) old band. They did the song "Feel Like Makin Love"

Oh them.

I like that song. and "All Right Now".

Not better than GNR though. No way.

Actually Free did the song All Right Now but w/e tomato tomatoe lol

GNR is way better, Paul Rodgers is a great musician but there's no way Bad Company is anywhere near as great as GNR

Forget all right now!

The greatest track list ever are from company's first two albums!

BADCO

1. Cant get enough

2. Rock Steady

3. Ready for love

4.Dont let me down

5. Bad company

6. The way i choose

7. Movin on'

8. Seagull

Straight Shooter

1. Good lovin gone bad

2.Feel like making love

3. Weep no more

4. Shooting star

5.Deal with the preacher

6. Wild fire woman

There is nobody in this fforum who can debate that the fact that shooting star is the greatest rock n roll song ever recorded. Nothing guns n roses ever did can compare ti it's magic!

oH AND bad Company is not Paul Rodgers alone. Bad Company is Paul Rodgers - vocals, Mick Ralphs - guitar, Boz Burrell - bass and Simon Kirke - drums. Now this is a 'classic line-up' who are capable of the greatest music ever. And the did just that in the mid-seventies!

Forget all right now!

BADCO

1. Cant get enough

2. Rock Steady

3. Ready for love

4.Dont let me down

5. Bad company

6. The way i choose

7. Movin on'

8. Seagull

Straight Shooter

1. Good lovin gone bad

2.Feel like making love

3. Weep no more

4. Shooting star

5.Deal with the preacher

6. Wild fire woman

There is nobody in this fforum who can debate that the fact that shooting star is the greatest rock n roll song ever recorded. Nothing guns n roses ever did can compare ti it's magic!

oH AND bad Company is not Paul Rodgers alone. Bad Company is Paul Rodgers - vocals, Mick Ralphs - guitar, Boz Burrell - bass and Simon Kirke - drums. Now this is a 'classic line-up' who are capable of the greatest music ever. And the did just that in the mid-seventies!

dude who cares. this is a GNR forum, if you like Bad Company more then what is the point of signing up here? Go preach your BC gospel somewhere else lol

If BC are so great how come they aren't still going? EXACTLY! they didn't sell very well and broke up, they only had 2 songs that anyone remembers.

Edited by Axlized

All im trying to say is that guns an roses and axl in particular are the only band who can play great music and produce a classic album as good as BADCO at the moment. Axl Rose would definaltely agree with me. Axl knows how to write great songs that last forever just like BADCO.

hEY DUDE, Bad Company going because original bassist Boz Burrell died this year. Anyone who has been to a BAd Company concert knows the magic that flows. And Bad Company has sold over 60 million albums worldwide and they are bigger than Led Zeppelin in South Africa. How old are you by the way? Im 52 an old rocker and i was qaround the first time sio i would know the shit. Please go and get yourself a copy of BADCO and crank it loud and you'll see what i mean. What the hell do you mean they only had two hits? Every song on their debut was a hit so thats 8 already and 6 songs were hits on straight shooter! Run with the pack had 6 hits as well, burning sky had 2 hits, desolation angels had 2 hits, rough diamonds had one hit.Lets not forget Brian Howe era Bad Company! Albums like Holy water went multi-platinum with songs like if you needed somebody. Bad Company is a legend and thats final. Guns n roses are the onlyt band to rival them.

I got this sweet image of an african man in a rocking chair, rocking out to "Feel Like Making Love" now. thanks alot. i'm not gonna debate against Bad Company because I only know 2 tracks, and I haven't heard the BADCO album. but keep on rockin gramps.

He's either

1) Trying to pick a fight because he's very bored, and knows that GnR fans are insane. or

2) Very stupid.

If the answer is the latter, than I emplore you to tell me that Bad Co's albums (which I do like) are better than AC/DC's Back in Black album. Maybe Bad Co is big in South Africa, but David Hasselhof is friggin huge in Germany. Certain countries goes nuts for certain bands. Its when almost every country (in GnR's case) likes the band that makes them truly great.

Bad Co, best band ever? Please... though they kick ass, grow a brain, man. Many, many bandsout there that are better.

Edited by AxlisOld

Forget all right now!

BADCO

1. Cant get enough

2. Rock Steady

3. Ready for love

4.Dont let me down

5. Bad company

6. The way i choose

7. Movin on'

8. Seagull

Straight Shooter

1. Good lovin gone bad

2.Feel like making love

3. Weep no more

4. Shooting star

5.Deal with the preacher

6. Wild fire woman

dude who cares. this is a GNR forum, if you like Bad Company more then what is the point of signing up here? Go preach your BC gospel somewhere else lol

If BC are so great how come they aren't still going? EXACTLY! they didn't sell very well and broke up, they only had 2 songs that anyone remembers.

man you are such a dick, who cares if Guns arnt his favourite band. they certainly arnt mine, or a lot of people on this board. and i dont see how you can go off on Bad Company about not being together to this day when your precious Axl disappeared for about 7 years or whatever only to come back with what arguably should not even be called "Guns N' Roses". if you can cast your mind back to the good old days, youll remember that Guns N' Roses actually broke up! :o and a lot of people only remember them for Jungle and/or Sweet Child. so before you start trying to pick holes in other bands, try to remember how very very imperfect Guns have been.

I dont understand how rude some people can be in this forum. Bad Company is the real deal. I was around the first time i should know. Please please get yourself a copy of both BADCO and Straight Shooter by bad company and then post a reply. Remember listen to the albums really loud. You can feel it in your bones. Slashs even jammed with bad company on their last dvd. Slash loves Bad company and he has alot of respect for the band. Please lets be mature about this. Guns n roses fans are meant to be intelligent and mature just like badco fans. I remeber the days of smoking dope and drinking jim beam to the sounf of BADCO and straight shooter. If only they could be relived. Guns n rosews are the only awnser. From an old rocker.

I dont understand how rude some people can be in this forum. Bad Company is the real deal. I was around the first time i should know. Please please get yourself a copy of both BADCO and Straight Shooter by bad company and then post a reply. Remember listen to the albums really loud. You can feel it in your bones. Slashs even jammed with bad company on their last dvd. Slash loves Bad company and he has alot of respect for the band. Please lets be mature about this. Guns n roses fans are meant to be intelligent and mature just like badco fans. I remeber the days of smoking dope and drinking jim beam to the sounf of BADCO and straight shooter. If only they could be relived. Guns n rosews are the only awnser. From an old rocker.

Im sure going by your post that you are a huge Bad Company fan.

Im sorry to say however that i've listened to a couple of their 'best' songs you mention and they suck huge sweaty rhino balls mate.

Have you recently bought the back catalogue of Bad Company and are shitting it cuz you've just realised that no-one buys their albums anymore?

Face it - you love BC, which is nice, but you can't force other people to. And it's all just opinions. I think BC are just ok, few good songs etc... Thing is BC and Paul Rogers and Free etc... just aren't very big anymore, so I have to question your argument of "timeless" songs. If so why does he have to join 1/2 of Queen to play to more than a few hundred people? Hardly timeless is it?

Just because you're 52 doesn't mean your opinions are more valid than anyone else's, sure you know more about bad company, but it doesn't mean you're right.

LP

Didn't I just say that I do have their albums? Well, if I didn't, I do. and yes I listen loud. Anyone else think that he's just some loser trying to see how long of a thread he can create...dear God...I'm contributing to it. I'm old so listen to me, I've been on this planet for 21 years. I've been around for the first time. No question, listen loud. Slash likes them, so they must be the best ever. WHOOOO!!!! FEEL IT IN THE BONES!!!!(I'm old)

Forget all right now!

BADCO

1. Cant get enough

2. Rock Steady

3. Ready for love

4.Dont let me down

5. Bad company

6. The way i choose

7. Movin on'

8. Seagull

Straight Shooter

1. Good lovin gone bad

2.Feel like making love

3. Weep no more

4. Shooting star

5.Deal with the preacher

6. Wild fire woman

man you are such a dick, who cares if Guns arnt his favourite band. they certainly arnt mine, or a lot of people on this board. and i dont see how you can go off on Bad Company about not being together to this day when your precious Axl disappeared for about 7 years or whatever only to come back with what arguably should not even be called "Guns N' Roses". if you can cast your mind back to the good old days, youll remember that Guns N' Roses actually broke up! :o and a lot of people only remember them for Jungle and/or Sweet Child. so before you start trying to pick holes in other bands, try to remember how very very imperfect Guns have been.

Guns is imperfect yes but they've sold more albums than BC ever will. It's cool that he likes them but he's saying BC is better than GNR.....on a GNR forum! He should have at least posted this in the Anything Goes section.

By the way this guy talks about Slash,you'd think he must feel that Slash was still in GNR! HEy Oldie,it quality you still rock even if it is in a chair :laugh: ..... Oh & i thought i'd tell you that The lastest GNR Album "The Spaghetti Incident" Hits South African stores next week :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Hey south_african guy,

Have you heard of a band called Led Zeppelin? Their first 6 (that's right, 6!) albums are ALL better than anything Bad Company ever did. And I am a Bad Company fan, but they aren't the best hard rock band ever. They're probably in my top 10, but they aren't the best ever and they're not even close to being near Zeppelin on my list. Guns N' Roses was NOT a supergroup (aka Bad Company). Supergroups are sellouts that try too hard to make catchy music (see Velvet Revolver). Guns N' Roses was just a normal band that ended up having lightning strike with Appetite For Destruction, which IS better than any hard rock album since the prime of Led Zeppelin. The biggest argument against GN'R is that they didn't last very long. Everyone thought they'd be the next Zeppelin or even the next Rolling Stones based on how many albums they sold in such a short period of time. But you can keep on having your delusions about Bad Company all you want. I'm just here to tell you that the rest of the world doesn't agree with you (except for other Bad Company fanboy nerds like you).

For the record, I love Paul Rodgers' voice and think he's definitely one of the best rock singers ever. "All Right Now" and "Rock N' Roll Fantasy" are two of my favorite songs.

Bad Company's a great band. It's a shame people won't give them a chance because they see the world thru Rose tinted glasses...

They were a great band, but that doesn't change the fact that they were put together as a supergroup (aka a sellout). I love Rodgers' voice and they've got some great guitar playing too, but the simple fact that they were a supergroup makes it very difficult to compare them with the likes of naturally formed bands. They're better than MANY, MANY naturally formed bands, but are they better than Led Zeppelin or even GN'R? That's a definite no on the Zeppelin part and a "tie goes to GN'R" on the GN'R part of that question.