harley davidson press release

Chris Axl

Monday, November 6, 2006 - Harley-Davidson Press Release

Guns N' Roses has licensed music to Harley-Davidson for a new television commercial, "Black Sheep." The commercial was shot in black and white and shows black sheep of various herds escaping and running wild while the Guns N' Roses hit, "Paradise City" plays in the background. At the end of the commercial, the black sheep end up at a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally. This marks the first time Guns N' Roses has agreed to license one of their songs for a commercial.

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19. An alternative version, launching early November, premieres the new, exclusive, unreleased Guns N' Roses track "Better" from their new album, "Chinese Democracy," which will be released later this year.

To view the Black Sheep ad, check out: www.harley-davidson.com

suck on that you "no spirit left" motherfuckers!! rock3

taken from Here today - Gone To Hell.

launching early November

It's now mid-November. Early November has passed. So, suck on that, sunshine pumpers!

the commercial isnt launched before the 19th, so its obviouse Chi Dem won come before that.

Its coming!!!!! rock3rock3

That press release claims that the "Better" version of the commercial would start airing in early November. It didn't. I think a lot of this is a smokescreen to get the fans to give up and then pull a surprise release, but I'd rather be realistic/pessimistic at the moment. By getting your hopes up, you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment if nothing happens.

launching early November

It's now mid-November. Early November has passed. So, suck on that, sunshine pumpers!

the commercial isnt launched before the 19th, so its obviouse Chi Dem won come before that.

That press release claims that the "Better" version of the commercial would start airing in early November. It didn't. I think a lot of this is a smokescreen to get the fans to give up and then pull a surprise release, but I'd rather be realistic/pessimistic at the moment. By getting your hopes up, you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment if nothing happens.

THe Better version got pulled, cus the Harley Davidson commercial guys were to fast on the trigger, so WHEN Chi Dem is released I guess they use the Better version aigen.

launching early November

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19

It also claims that the PC-version ends in November 19. So After that we´ll get Better I guess. This is a little double talkin´ jive.. Don´t know what to think..

yeah this is old news, and things dont look good since according to this, better should have been airing already! lets see if it they even actually use the commercial with better in it this sunday, doubt it!

actually, if you read, they are playing the paradise city version THROUGH NOVEMBER 19!!!

meaning a new one will air after that... which new commercial do they have??? HMM let me think a "better" one perhaps

here´s a stupid question...

they aired on the net the comercial with BETTER, then changed for PC... but, how they got Better from the label? because they changed to PC so fast that just make me think that the album ( or the single BETTER ) WERE supossed to be released to promote the band, and something happened...

so, why GNR label will give the NEW song to the comercial without a MKT plan for an single / album ?

here´s a stupid question...

they aired on the net the comercial with BETTER, then changed for PC... but, how they got Better from the label? because they changed to PC so fast that just make me think that the album ( or the single BETTER ) WERE supossed to be released to promote the band, and something happened...

so, why GNR label will give the NEW song to the comercial without a MKT plan for an single / album ?

they put it on the site as soon as it was done... they werent supposed to put it up that early... so they took it down... it will be back up

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19

It also claims that the PC-version ends in November 19. So After that we´ll get Better I guess. This is a little double talkin´ jive.. Don´t know what to think..

October 8 -November 19

the dates you mention refer to the length of the National Race Series in which harley will show the paradise version of the advertisement- the 19th November has nothing to do with the better version and its "cut in" time-where does it claim the pc version ends??? all these dates are, are the dates of the races - your over analysing.

it simply states better in EARLY november, that deadline is gone now.

Edited by Let And Let Live

no need to think rock3

let us all just enjoy this ! rock3

im so fucking exited, cant belive im gonna have Chinese Democracy this year?

Gonne have one for random use, one to frame it, one to the car and one for school. rock1

if it comes out im starting lose hope on the album

CD will NOT be out this week, ireland have not gotten anything in and we get albums on fridays before the states

i was also talking to big gnr fans in a number of stores and they assured me they have heard nothing from gnr and the far downs ;)

maybe next week