Is today the day that the wheels get put in motion?

TheWildheart

I was also thinking - since most people aren't going to know what the song is (although I'm sure they're going to recognize Axl's voice) how badass would it be if at the start of the commercial they add "Better"/Guns N' Roses from the forthcoming album "Chinese Democracy" - in stores xx/xx/06?" It won't happen, but it'd be nice!

Edited by TheWildheart

I was also thinking - since most people aren't going to know what the song is (although I'm sure they're going to recognize Axl's voice) how badass would it be if at the start of the commercial they add "Better"/Guns N' Roses from the forthcoming album "Chinese Democracy" - in stores xx/xx/06?" It won't happen, but it'd be nice!

Pleeease don't go there!

arnt some people expecting it to be on air today during some footbal game or something in the us????? or was it nascar???

If so, what time ias that on and what time would it be in the uk?????

The press release said the paradise city version would be running to today. Then presumably they will change it to better?????????????????????????

ps: wasnt there some threads about this on htgth (here today n i aint going back to that nazi site again) yesterday, they seem to have vanished again!

Edited by bangit

Reality check!

A move like this would be way too smart for GNR!!

Reality check!

A move like this would be way too smart for GNR!!

:rofl-lol:

Is today the day that the ball starts rolling on promotion?

Let's hope that we get the "Better" version of the Harley commercial today!

I really hope something happens. Although i have a feeling this will be just another day that goes by with no news or anything.

Ah, the life of a GnR fan...

I wouldnt expect anything to happen today, next week id be worried if by the end of the week the ad hasnt been unveiled.

The harley statement said the pc ad would be running until today.

again: has it just been during certain nascar / football games the ads been playing or has it been on a lot in just normal commerciall time?????

if its on all the time then theres no reason why we woudlnt see better on the ad as from tomorrow, if harley have stood by their statement they released on the 6th nov.

I hope for the best, but expect nothing... I think that's the best thing to do.
I haven't even seen the Paradise City version on TV to be honest. But I don't watch NASCAR. As far as I know, that's the only time its been televised.

I was just about to say that. Have they played the PC version? I won't be watching Nascar either because of Football, but I'm hoping for the best also expect jack shit. I will flip to NASCAR during commercials though, I just won't be able to help myself.

POST NUMBER 800!!! :xmasssanta:

I remember they did that with an Aerosmith song a few years back. I think it was on a car commercial. They just had in small print the name of the song and album it came from. Don't think they put up a release date.

They'd have to do the same thing here. You have to tell people what they are listening to, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of the ad, which is to promote the song.

I remember they did that with an Aerosmith song a few years back. I think it was on a car commercial. They just had in small print the name of the song and album it came from. Don't think they put up a release date.

They'd have to do the same thing here. You have to tell people what they are listening to, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of the ad, which is to promote the song.

Isn't the primary purpose of the add to promote Harley Davidson?

Isn't the primary purpose of the add to promote Harley Davidson?

Not from GN'R's perspective.